Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 8:16 PM
How to avoid other sims running the same interaction
Hello all, thanks for reading this topic and i hope someone can point me in the right direction. Have created two socialsuperinteractions. One is being called as a continuation in the other. Have added a couple of false_advertisements to the initial interaction so sims will perform them quicker autonomously. When i run the interaction on another sim the issue i experience is that other sims also trying to run the interaction on the same target sim. My interaction will fail or just stop running and the other sim is finishing the interaction.

What setting do i have to use to stop other sims from running the interaction while the target sim is already busy with my interaction?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by krullehoofd
Hello all, thanks for reading this topic and i hope someone can point me in the right direction. Have created two socialsuperinteractions. One is being called as a continuation in the other. Have added a couple of false_advertisements to the initial interaction so sims will perform them quicker autonomously. When i run the interaction on another sim the issue i experience is that other sims also trying to run the interaction on the same target sim. My interaction will fail or just stop running and the other sim is finishing the interaction.

What setting do i have to use to stop other sims from running the interaction while the target sim is already busy with my interaction?

After fiddling a bit more i think i found a solution. Now when my interaction fires the target sim gets a temporary buff that it is busy with something. The interaction has the buff blacklisted in the global_tests. This way the interaction will not fire with other sims. If someone has a more genius way of doing this please share your methods!
Deceased
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 2:11 AM
To be honest I'm not sure why you're getting a cancellation like that, I don't think that happens with other actions like hugs for instance. Maybe it does and I've just never paid enough attention to it. Are both Sims running the interaction as a social group like they would with a hug?

In any event, what you came up with sounds like a workable solution if there's no other way to avoid it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
To be honest I'm not sure why you're getting a cancellation like that, I don't think that happens with other actions like hugs for instance. Maybe it does and I've just never paid enough attention to it. Are both Sims running the interaction as a social group like they would with a hug?

In any event, what you came up with sounds like a workable solution if there's no other way to avoid it.

Thanks! Have checked one of the hugs interactions and noticed the following code which according the documentation increases the cost of leaving the SI.

Code:
<T n="opportunity_cost_multiplier">1.5</T>

And also it uses the super_affordance_compatibility setting to exclude other interactions from running while that interaction is running. Have tried that too, but it does not make any difference. The hugs interaction does not use a continuation like in my interaction, therefor the compatibility setting works. In my case the first interaction finishes, the continuation kicks in (which is a new interaction) but takes a bit before it runs. In the time the first interaction ends and the start of the continuation other sims are firing the first interaction.

I might fiddle around a bit more with the above mentioned options, but i hate have to continually restart the game to test things. For now my fix with the temporary buff seems to work great.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:07 PM
After reading a bit more in the documentation i found this option. You can test for a specific interaction, and with an extra option to test if it is not running by for example the actor. Duh...

Code:
<V t="user_running_interaction">
      <U n="user_running_interaction">
        <L n="affordances">
          <T></T>
        </L>
        <E n="participant">Actor</E>
        <T n="test_for_not_running">True</T>
      </U>
    </V>