Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11876 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 11:20 PM
I started a new hood (which does NOT generate townies) and had only one family there, but when I checked it said there were a bunch of "lots". What? Also, I thought that because I made kids, the game WOULD generate some, and when they became teens the game would generate THEM. So I expected no random townies, and no welcome committee, but I thought people to bring home from work and school WOULD generate..no?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#11877 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 11:49 PM
Is it safe to remove a mod that includes custom memories (like a bedwetting mod), or would/could that cause corruption?
Forum Resident
#11878 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I meant in normal gameplay when they're dead. Anyway, you fixed it.

After additional testing I decided to leave it the way it was for now. I restored the backup copy. She's still dead, but I restored the game before I made changes in SimPE as I'm not completely confident that I did the right thing in changing the numbers. The game knows that she is dead ... she is in the cemetery and she is flagged as a ghost so I will leave well enough alone until I know better.
Mad Poster
#11879 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 3:03 AM
When I've tested this what it seems to be is that townie (and other groups) families take their surnames from the first member of that family to appear during hood/townie generation. I'd say it's not normal for strays to get given a playable family (name) though what might have happened is the game decided it needed to make a new strays family (it will do things like this from time to time) and generated the new stray name from the first animal generated who happened to have the same final name as your family. Take comfort though. Although SimPE and transporter cats can't tell that people with the same surname are in different families - because they use only the surname to check, the game can because it uses the family NIDs (or whatever they are - I forget exactly) to sort things out.

Ah, thanks. I know what happened now. I had no stray respawn in and removed it to use the adoption service after I already had some playable families. So pets must have spawned with the same last name.
Mad Poster
#11880 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 6:18 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 27th Jan 2018 at 12:51 PM.
When I've tested this what it seems to be is that townie (and other groups) families take their surnames from the first member of that family to appear during hood/townie generation. I'd say it's not normal for strays to get given a playable family (name) though what might have happened is the game decided it needed to make a new strays family (it will do things like this from time to time) and generated the new stray name from the first animal generated who happened to have the same final name as your family. Take comfort though. Although SimPE and transporter cats can't tell that people with the same surname are in different families - because they use only the surname to check, the game can because it uses the family NIDs (or whatever they are - I forget exactly) to sort things out.

You can also use SimPE to rename the families if you want them to show up separately in Inge'tteleprtfjsssssssssssssssssssssfffjmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmsd

EDIT: I'm not sure which is worse, posting while sleeping or falling asleep while posting.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11881 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I've been having problem with the aging stopping on nearly every lot - I thought I'd set aging off but turning it on doesn't work. Moving them out and back in works, but that's really quite a pain to put all the furniture back and Inge's moveout shrub retains the glitch. Is there a way just to reset the aging controller?

Alternatively, if I put down Inge's moveout shrub, kick the family out, and then use Chris Hatch's lot cleaner, will that remove all the furniture? I just hate replacing all the furniture afterwards.

EDIT: I just read the readme - I don't even have to kick them out for it, so long as I save and reload the lot afterwards, apparently. Well, it's worth a shot. Taking a backup first.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#11882 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I started a new hood (which does NOT generate townies) and had only one family there, but when I checked it said there were a bunch of "lots". What? Also, I thought that because I made kids, the game WOULD generate some, and when they became teens the game would generate THEM. So I expected no random townies, and no welcome committee, but I thought people to bring home from work and school WOULD generate..no?

Do you still have the stealth hoods enabled? The lots are probably the hobby lots or the witch palaces.
Also no, the game does not generate sims to bring home from work or school, it only takes them from the existing pool of townies, playables and family bin sims.
Field Researcher
#11883 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 7:32 PM
Does anyone know under what circumstances the game places files in the SavedSims folder? I would expect this to happen when I create sims in body shop and, you know, save them but sometimes files show up when I haven't done that.
Scholar
#11884 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 7:34 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 27th Jan 2018 at 7:58 PM.
SparklySays: When you install certain CC clothing and certain NPCS (the alien one) are two I'm aware of.

EDIT: Since the post is just below me. Andrew Gloria. I meant, the type of clothing you have to use the Pack Clean Installer.
I got Saved Sims onces after I installed Knight armors. Because it was a sim package contained more than just clothing. The clothing itselfs went to download, but sometimes, at least, I find that I get a Bodyshop sim as well.. Don't remember which download that was, but I think it was a medieval one on this site.
Mad Poster
#11885 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 7:48 PM
CC Clothing you make yourself goes into SavedSims. CC Clothing you download goes where you put it, which generally is Downloads or a sub-folder of it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11886 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:18 PM
Alternatively, if I put down Inge's moveout shrub, kick the family out, and then use Chris Hatch's lot cleaner, will that remove all the furniture? I just hate replacing all the furniture afterwards.

EDIT: I just read the readme - I don't even have to kick them out for it, so long as I save and reload the lot afterwards, apparently. Well, it's worth a shot. Taking a backup first.

The lot cleaner didn't fix the aging problem.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11887 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:26 PM
Did you move them to a new lot? I found on the two lots with borked ageing that nothing but replacing the lot with a fresh one would fix it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11888 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:41 PM
It's affected all my households. Moving Sims out and back in works to reset it, but then I have to put back all the furniture, and I hate doing that. I was looking for a way to reset the aging controller without having to replace the furniture, and Inge's moveout shrub retains all the controllers and stuff.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11889 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 10:03 PM
Did you try turning aging off and on again for each lot? Not sure if that would reset it.
Alchemist
#11890 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 10:05 PM
in case post was missed
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
how did Maxis/EA decide the names of pre-made playables?

shipped version pet names (in file named "Live.package"); were those names of pets that the game makers owned?
Mad Poster
#11891 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Did you try turning aging off and on again for each lot? Not sure if that would reset it.

I've attempted that, along with turning on aging with InSim and/or the Manipulator (I forgot which of the two have it). Didn't work.

just a girl
#11892 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:45 PM
ihatemandatoryregister,
How about Batbox -> force errors on everything out of world? With testing cheats off, unless you want to click through a hundred of error messages. (If you tried it and already posted about it, sorry, I missed the beginning of this conversation.)
It should reset all controllers and hidden off-world stuff. backup before doing it, just in case.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11893 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 12:33 AM
None of that worked on my two borked lots and I tried everything. But all of them, do you think it's a global mod conflict? What happens when you pull your cc?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11894 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:51 AM
And that would be a no, on do CAS elders always get the same number of days. The first two got twelve, but the third got eighteen--lucky stitch! I have also now seen the Fear of adopting a child!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#11895 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 3:06 AM
Does customer loyalty have any bearing on which Sims show up as visitors to owned community lots? (i.e., are loyal customers more likely to make an appearance than Joe Anybody from the street?)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#11896 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
ihatemandatoryregister,
How about Batbox -> force errors on everything out of world? With testing cheats off, unless you want to click through a hundred of error messages. (If you tried it and already posted about it, sorry, I missed the beginning of this conversation.)
It should reset all controllers and hidden off-world stuff. backup before doing it, just in case.

I've tried that as well, unsuccessfully.

Mad Poster
#11897 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 8:43 AM
It's affected all my households. Moving Sims out and back in works to reset it, but then I have to put back all the furniture, and I hate doing that. I was looking for a way to reset the aging controller without having to replace the furniture, and Inge's moveout shrub retains all the controllers and stuff.

Have you tried this?
It has worked for me when I had a quite similar problem.
I suggest you download the instructions as well as the mod, of course
http://simfileshare.net/folder/22495/

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#11898 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:52 PM
Is there a way in SimPE to make a Sim have twins?

I'm doing the Beginning of Pleasantview hood and Dina and Nina Caliente's parents are about to graduate from college. Niether Sim has high enough cooking skill to make cheesecake, so I'm thinking about using SimPE to make the pregnancy twins, but don't remember how, or if I can.
Mad Poster
#11899 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 5:20 PM
@Rosebine - I'll try that.

@Orilon - why not just use the forcetwins cheat? There's a way to do it involving a hidden token in the memories section, but I can't quite recall how it works.

Mad Poster
#11900 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 9:12 PM
Sim Manipulator also has an option to change the number of babies.
Page 476 of 1339