Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 12:23 AM
Default Need help finding a song.
Hey I was listening to my Satalite radio in my car, and a familiar tune came on. It's 1980s era by Billy something, on of the main words repeated is like, stroll and strum, but I really need to know what this song is, otherwise my brain will explode.

American Rocker Bomb, similar to an Irish car bomb, take a shot glass and fill it with five hour energy, then take a pint glass and fill it with your choice of energy drink. Drop in the shot glass and chug, then wait for SVT to set in.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 1:08 AM
There are several Billy's, including Billy Idol and Billy Joel.

"stroll and strum" doesn't turn up any results. Do you remember any other lyrics to it?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 1:22 AM
It's for times like that Shazam is useful

Try entering whatever words you are sure you heard in the song (not in a specific order) or a line of the lyrics and put billy in it too and "lyrics" at the end and you might be lucky!

What kind of music was it? 80's pop ish, other?

Have you tried looking at the radio stations website? I know a lot offer a list of songs played the last 24 hours etc

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 1:31 AM
It was more of 80s rock. And no I can't remember any lyrics to it. I thought it may have been loverboy, but I can't remember.

American Rocker Bomb, similar to an Irish car bomb, take a shot glass and fill it with five hour energy, then take a pint glass and fill it with your choice of energy drink. Drop in the shot glass and chug, then wait for SVT to set in.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 1:40 AM
If it had that kind of sound, I'd try looking into Billy Squier. Would be about the same time frame as Loverboy and unlike Idol or Joel, he's gotten to the point that he'd be merely "Billy something" to folks who weren't there.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 1:42 AM
Yup, I tracked down the song. Billy Squier, The Stroke, thank you very much.

Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 4:14 AM
You're welcome. Glad to help. Awesome song. Just had it on a few minutes ago actually