Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 4:09 AM Last edited by xHyperMonkeyx : 4th Aug 2009 at 7:12 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Game Crashing after about an hour
Okay. Nope. I'm not a success story with the new patch.
I run it for 45 minutes to a hour, and then it crashes.
?
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 4:52 AM
Hyper, that doesn't sound like patch issues. Post your system specs: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...:System%20Specs
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 7:00 AM
==System==

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001)
System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
System Model: VGN-NR498D
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
Memory: 3062MB RAM
Page File: 1527MB used, 4800MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
==Display==

Name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Approx. Total Memory: 358 MB
Main Driver: igdumd32.dll
Version: 7.14.0010.1295 (English)
==Sound==

Name: Speaker/HP (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Is that enough?
shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 7:14 AM
I split off your thread because this isn't a patch problem. Your graphics aren't up for handling the game. Sony is the king of crapware though so there are some things you can do to clean up your machine, but it's still not recommend that you try to play the game on that machine.

Have a read through these guides:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...nboard_Graphics
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...em_Requirements
The onboard guide was written for TS2 but most everything also applies to TS3. Go through the suggestions under the "Optimize Your Windows OS" and your computer will run better overall, but it won't address the weak graphics problem.

I also want to check for overheating. Download and run this program: http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php Leave it running –while- you play the game, and it will automatically record the maximum temperatures. Ideally you want to play a minimum of 20minutes. I'd say since you don't have problems for close to an hour, play that long. If your game is crashing then you can play until it crashes. If your whole computer is crashing you'd need to exit out before it shuts down or you'll lose the info. Screencap the results (print screen and paste into photo program) and post them here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 9:14 AM
Awww
I've always loved Sony's.
I have a desktop with a REALLY NICE graphics card, and it has some things that's not even in the stores yet. Guess I have to get my mom to upgrade it to Vista, then transfer downloads, install custom content via launcher, and smash my head against the wall about 5 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 9:50 AM

I think it's obvious. It's overheating
shiny!
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:09 AM
Hotter than I'd be comfortable with long term, but still well within parameters. Just make sure whenever you use it that you're leaving it on a hard flat surface, not something squishy like padded furniture or directly on your lap. You can end up blocking vents. If you'd like to drop temps beyond that you could try raising it on a wire rack, like what's in the above guide. I don't have anything to suggest other than what's already in the above guides..

You don't need Vista to run the game. It works fine on XP, and obviously if your desktop is running anything earlier than that it's not up for running the game either. If you already have a strong desktop, I suggest sticking to that and laying off the laptop.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:13 AM
Did the game run well before the patch? If so, did you follow HP's guide in the patch sticky? The info is cleverly disguised in a sticky about patches. Please run through that and tell us what happens.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:45 AM
But I like Vista much, much, MUCH, better. :]
I guess my desktop is my gaming computer now.

@Canoodle: I tried it on my desktop with XP (mods, hacks, hair, and everything that I have on the laptop.) and it worked fine. It was just my laptop.