Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2015 at 5:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Disappearing Windows, Doors, Furniture... -- Build/Buy Mode
Hi,

I've read the rules and understand them. I've Google searched for the past two hours trying to find something to help me but I'm drawing up empty. It seems like no one has experienced an issue quite like this one. Please note, my game has not crashed. I've saved repeatedly in the process, and I even dumped the lot into the bin. I've restored the backup file (worked once but not again).

For the past three days I've been building a beachfront lot in Sunlit Tides. Everything was working smoothly (I've had issues with the game lagging and crashing in previous worlds and in previous saves so I know what to do and what to expect). As I wrote above, I saved periodically and even quit and reloaded the game after an hour or so. Today, when I turned on the game my lot was not there. There wasn't a blue square (experienced that before)--the lot was just gone. I quit the game and reloaded after loading up the save the backup file. This worked until I quit the game again. Mind, as I worked on the second round of building and decorating, I would return to the town view to save the game and dump the lot in the bin.

So after panicking briefly, I tried to load the back up file but the lot was still not there (during the first round, the lot was there in the backup but I did lose some progress--minimal and not enough to get hackles rising). So I figured, no problem I would just replace the lot but lo and behold, EVERY THING was gone. The windows, the doors, the furniture, the plants. I hadn't gotten to landscaping so no loss there. The only thing remaining in the lot was the walls and floors. Even my stairs were gone. The lot was on stilts and even those are gone. Yes, it was a large lot (60x40) but the house itself took up maybe half of that. I needed the extra length for the pier. ;_;

Please, please, please, keep in mind that my game did not crash. I was periodically saving, dumping the lot in the bin, and quitting the game to avoid that pesky Error Code 12 thing (which, I should add, I've never gotten in the building stage of a house).

I'd like to know if there is anyway to recover the lot. I'm not so much concerned about the save game itself because I have the lot in the bin it's just missing...everything... Please, please, please tell me I don't have to build everything all over again.

Also, I was recording myself building and I still have that to show exactly how much stuff I'm missing. It was such a beautiful lot, I really don't want to have to start over again if I don't have to. Thank you!

P.S. Actually, I just remembered my game did crash when I exited the game. I always, always save and then exit. I never save & exit. So, by that, my save file shouldn't be corrupted.

EDIT: I really should update my profile. I have installed: TS3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, High End Loft, Outdoor Living, Supernatural, and Island Paradise.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2015 at 10:47 AM
Quote:
So you are building a lot and you save periodically.
* you save by actually saving the game
* you save by copying the lot into the lot bin

Correct?

Yes

Quote:
And now you can't recover the lot, both from save files and from your lot bin?

What objects are missing? Are they CC? or game stuff?

Not at all.

EA and custom content. Of course these objects are still in the game they're just not in the lot. I'll upload some screen shots in a few minutes. Please bear with me.

Quote:
This is an odd error, I've never seen this before.

* If you have NRAAS MC, you can try a town reset, hopefully it will reset that lot and fix your problem.
* Have you try creating a new game and then plot the save in your lot bin on the new game?
* last option is if you can upload the one you saved in the bin, I can try to retrieve it. But since I do not have some of your SPs, some items will be missing or replace (if I can retrieve any at all).
(Go to your library folder, sort by date and it should be the newest few lots)

Tell me about it.

I have MC and I'll try to reset but I haven't even put a family in that lot yet. I was building it from the ground up.

Yes, I did that try that before I spent a few hours scouring the internet trying to figure out what to do.

I've never done that before but I'll try. Thanks! Just give me a few minutes and I'll be right back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2015 at 11:19 AM
Okay--screen shots!

EDIT: I uploaded the wrong lots by mistake. 003 and 004 should be the correct ones (003 being the most recent dump of the lot I was working on)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SunlitTidesLot003.rar (1.42 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  SunlitTidesLot004.rar (1.47 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th May 2015 at 12:11 PM
I'll try resetting the lot in the savegame momentarily. Do you know why/how the lot was permanently saved down like that? Note: all of my library files are small like this. Is that normal?!

Yes, I did see x0x0x0.sims.backup. I removed the x0x0x0x.sims and replaced it with that one to try to recover the lot the first time it disappeared. Same thing happened.

Well, I guess the good news is I can kinda rebuild this quickly since I know where everything goes... Let me try resetting the lot and I'll post back here with an update.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th May 2015 at 12:39 PM
So....

I chose a household to play in the savegame and lo and behold--blue lots! Only a few were like this...though. Any ideas?

I experienced this before in Sunset Valley when I was playing a legacy Goth family. I've read it has to do with faulty CC but I clean install my mods, only use stuff I trust (have used before). ran Delphy's Dashboard and couldn't find where the problem was.

I'm not sure exactly what caused the problem and I've never successfully figured out how to prevent it, other than abandoning the game for a few months out of sheer frustration and anger.

But thanks for all of your help. :D
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th May 2015 at 1:15 PM
Lucky! Well, it looks like I have to start from scratch--the very beginning of scratch. This is going to take a while.

Many thanks again for your help, at least I'm not crazy. I'm going to install the Multi-Installer thingy and convert these sims3packs into package files so they're more manageable. If anybody's still reading, and has similar problems (and as much CC as I do) I'd suggest that. And I'd also suggest backing up your saves and save backups too. Would that I had done that....