Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 4:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Why is this mod needed?
Just found out cmomoney has a mod out called "Deletable Mailbox".
Why is this mod necessary and am I missing something by not using it?
I usually just movebjects on, place mailbox I want, then Shift+Click on old mailbox and delete it.
What's teh problem occifer?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 11:22 AM
I think this mod is from the time when it was not possible to delete the mailbox the way you can now. The "Delete" command under testingcheats was not in the game all the time. It was added by a later patch. (I believe it happened around the time when the Store released the Lucky Palms world and also made the new Store mailboxes available in buydebug.)
So, you are right, the mod is not needed anymore.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I think this mod is from the time when it was not possible to delete the mailbox the way you can now. The "Delete" command under testingcheats was not in the game all the time. It was added by a later patch. (I believe it happened around the time when the Store released the Lucky Palms world and also made the new Store mailboxes available in buydebug.)
So, you are right, the mod is not needed anymore.

Thanks so much for the reply - I was worried I was breaking something in my game by deleting it willy-nilly.
Like how I don't like to use Nraas 'Add Sims On Community Lots' because the household therein cannot receive mail; the mailboxes vanish after reload when you place on CL's.
Erm, yeah, sorry for the tangent. Thanks again Don!