Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 12:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Maxis Item causing buy mode to freeze?
My game has been freezing when I click on an item in buy mode. The cursor still moves but everything else is frozen and I have to force close the game. I can't remember what it was I clicked on the first time but the second time it froze when I clicked on a Maxis shovel "The Digs." I went and deleted a bunch of duplicate files in Dashboard in case they were causing issues and I wasn't experiencing freezing after that but just out of curiosity I found "The Digs" shovel again, clicked it, instant freeze. Why would a Maxis item be freezing my game? And what can I do?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 4:32 PM
Are you referring to the Digs shovel that came with Ambitions? I just accessed the shovel and it is working fine in my game.
Where you experienced freezing prior to this last time with the shovel lends towards something in your mods folder is out of date, broken, corrupted, etc. or a problem with the lot.

For starters
If you have Master Controller in try resetting the lot. From City Hall or a computer>NRaas>Master Controller>Household>Reset Lot

Is this happening on other lots? If you haven't tried to access the shovel on other lots, give that a try. It might just be something on your current lot.

If these tips do not work try removing your mods folder (copy and paste it to your desktop), clear caches and see if you still have problems with the shovel. If you have no problems with the mods folder removed you'll need to go through your mods by adding a few back at a time until the problem resurfaces. But before you have to go though all that: If you have Debug Enabler and Error Trap installed check for script errors. Those can be read over at NRaas and might point to what is causing the problem. See How To Upload. Free registration required to upload and post. See Becoming A Member On This Page.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Are you referring to the Digs shovel that came with Ambitions? I just accessed the shovel and it is working fine in my game.
Where you experienced freezing prior to this last time with the shovel lends towards something in your mods folder is out of date, broken, corrupted, etc. or a problem with the lot.

For starters
If you have Master Controller in try resetting the lot. From City Hall or a computer>NRaas>Master Controller>Household>Reset Lot

Is this happening on other lots? If you haven't tried to access the shovel on other lots, give that a try. It might just be something on your current lot.

If these tips do not work try removing your mods folder (copy and paste it to your desktop), clear caches and see if you still have problems with the shovel. If you have no problems with the mods folder removed you'll need to go through your mods by adding a few back at a time until the problem resurfaces. But before you have to go though all that: If you have Debug Enabler and Error Trap installed check for script errors. Those can be read over at NRaas and might point to what is causing the problem. See How To Upload. Free registration required to upload and post. See Becoming A Member On This Page.

Yes, it was the Digs shovel that came with Ambitions. Hadn't tested it on other lots though. I ended up sorting through CC to start with using the 50/50 method since it was a recent occurrence after installing a bunch of CC. I think the issue is resolved for now though it started freezing in game as well that had nothing to do with the shovel. But the file that seems to be causing the freezing with "the Digs" shovel was actually another shovel. It was a shovel sculpture by Armiel. Maybe it conflicted somehow though it didn't show that it did in Dashboard.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 1:40 PM
Glad to hear you have pretty much solved your problem. As good as Delphy's Dashboard is, it is not 100% foolproof. Also there might be reasons other than the shovel involved here. I mentioned installing Overwatch and Error Trap earlier. If you do not have those mods you might want to consider installing them. They not only clean up files they report errors and the cause.

If you continue to have freezing issues you might want to do some general game clean up. There are some tips On This Page that might help you out.