Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 5:16 AM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 4th Sep 2017 at 4:49 PM. Reason: re-categorizing

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default What happens when an active sim graduates before another active sim?
Hi, I'm back.

So, I am wanting to send my sim and her girlfriend to university, although one of them allready has a couple credits from the aptitude test and one doesn't. I'm just worried they would get separated or something. If one can go back to the regular world and freeze in time that's okay, but I don't want my other sim to get stuck at university. Sorry if this is a bit jambled, I've never played sims 3 uni before.

Thanks for all your help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 8:09 AM
In other words, nothing awful happens. A sim who is part of the traveling party who returns home "early" for any reason will be waiting for you back home, frozen in suspended animation like the others you've left behind. I once had a party of six at Uni and two of them were sent home early in disgrace for cheating on their finals. No one was ready to graduate, but the other four continued on like nothing had happened. You only need one active sim to keep playing in a foreign world, the game's world focus changes only when the last one returns home.

On the graduation though, if one graduates and the other doesn't, they should still both leave Uni World at the same time. That would be late in the day on the Saturday after finals (that would be the second Saturday if playing a 2-week term). The one with not enough credits to graduate yet would have to return for another term to earn more and graduate themselves, sims can't just stay through in Uni World from one term to the next until they are finished with a degree program.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 2:25 PM
Okay thanks! That makes a lot of sense.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 4:49 PM