Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 6:03 PM
Default Game freezes after a large, screen-blocking (nonsensical) error message appears and will not respond
I've gotten back to the Sims 3 after buying a new laptop, and was seriously excited to start playing again. So, I reinstalled Origin and all my cc/mods, then launched it up.
After about 2 hours, a massive popup appeared upon half my screen, which I can tell is an error message, but I can't understand it (except vaguely realising that some kind of animation or action must be missing, I think?). I cannot exit it, and in the pic you will see that the end of it is cut off from the screen - I have no way of seeing it, as my game is frozen and only showed that much.
Since then, I'd tested my mod with Sims 3 Dashboard, and after seeing them all come up clear, I manually separated them, to find that it happened even without my mods, after 2-2.5 hours.
I've also tried deleting my cache files, and even resorted to moving my documents folder so a new one would be reloaded. No luck
I also checked my DEP settings and added all the sims launchers and .exe s to the exceptions.
I usually bypass the launcher anyway, but had tried to open the game through the launcher. I've also experimented with launching as admin, in different compatibility modes, and making sure the game could use >2GB of RAM, as suggested in various forums I read.
I also went through and changed my Options.ini as suggested in the game help, but to no avail. And I've tried playing offline, just in case.
It happens on other saves in other worlds, always around a time when riding a horse.
Specifically, I was following my sim riding a horse back home after having adopted it from the wild, if that could be relevant to know.
I'm patched up to the newest version, also.

My specsĀ¬
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/4/2018, 17:35:31
Machine name: WINDOWS-NR8TC6N
Machine Id: {63AE7F08-FE92-409C-95FF-E4AA70E6F835}
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Latitude E6430
BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/08/17 11:09:23 Ver: A21.00
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3340M CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8098MB RAM
Page File: 5151MB used, 4225MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.16299.0015 64bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_05341028&REV_09
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 1792 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 1792 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
HDR Support: Not Supported
Display Topology: Internal
Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
Color Primaries: Red(0.592297,0.347180), Green(0.328625,0.570813), Blue(0.150891,0.114758), White Point(0.313000,0.328625)
Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: BOE05B0
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.011Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Monitor Advanced Color Capabilities: None
Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
Driver Name: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll
Driver File Version: 10.18.0010.4425 (English)
Driver Version: 10.18.10.4425
DDI Version: 11.2
Feature Levels: 11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
Graphics Preemption: DMA
Compute Preemption: Thread group
Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated
Power P-states: Not Supported
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 04/04/2016 00:00:00, 11051456 bytes
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76DF&SUBSYS_10280534&REV_1002
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 65535
Type: WDM
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 10.00.16299.0015 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 28/09/2017 00:00:00, 441344 bytes
------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 775.7 GB
Total Space: 952.5 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100

I have also done a driver scan and updated through Intel + Dell sites to make sure everything on my system is up-to-date (it was, apart from my I/O controller(though that probably wouldn't even affect the game anyway!), which I updated before trying to launch the game again).

I am very reluctant to do a reinstall as it takes a very long time, but I fear it will be necessary due to these problems.
Here is a pic of my game, so you can see the message I got.
Thanks for reading
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 7:01 PM
That's an awesomemod error- do you have your game fully patched and the latest Awesomemod installed?

I think you can disable the Awesome debugging, but as I don't use that mod I can't give you instructions. Check on MATY- perhaps someone with awesome experience will post here!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 7:11 PM
Thanks for the info.
My game is fully patched, and I do have the latest version of Awesomemod.
I'll look into disabling the debugging, but what confuses me is that I still seem to get the same error when I've moved away the mod (not deleted because I don't want to re download and install it).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 1:44 AM
I'm on the 167 patch and am also using awsomemod to disable the automated school assignments inlarger worlds where it was known to be very glitchy at best and I've never had errors like that with awsomemod and the only time I had issues was when I added Buzzler's Moar Interactions Mod in the place of the Carpool DIsabler and had to switch back because Moar Interactions won't work well if you have awsomemod installed.It might be that you're trying to use that MI Mod with awsome and are having issues from that.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:41 AM
Just in case this is relevant, we've also had (rare) reports of the Flagrant Errors like these being thrown when NRaas GoHere is in play alongside of Awesome. Given that much of the error concerns itself with the dream manager, I would also suspect NRaas Dreamer in case that one is in play. And (looking at the error again, what we can see of it) perhaps anything concerning sims' walk-styles like locomotion mods.

The most annoying looking thing though is that there is a checkmark at the end of that error pop-up that can't be reached because it extends off the screen. If there were also an "X" selection, then mashing the Esc-key would likely get it to dismiss itself and one could probably continue on. There is no combination of key strokes (Enter, Return, Esc, Down-Arrow, with or without modifier keys) that will make it go away otherwise?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by theblueloner
My game is fully patched, and I do have the latest version of Awesomemod.

Check that you don't have anything conflicting with Awesomemod. I would do a search on MATY to see if that error is significant or if it can be safely ignored.

As for why this is still occurring when you remove awesomemod- are you sure you are removing the mod correctly? Again, check on the MATY forums for help with that.
#7 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:58 AM
Well, I know "Flagrant System Error" comes from Homestar Runner in the episode where a computer virus infects reality ("Did you get a computer virus!?" "No!" "Did you get four hundred thousand viruses?!" "Yes! Very yes!") so that explains the title.
That may be as far as I know but I hope that helps just a bit since you said it was nonsensical.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Well, I know "Flagrant System Error" comes from Homestar Runner in the episode where a computer virus infects reality

Yes, there are a lot of Homestar Runner and Trogdor references on MATY.