Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#10951 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 2:34 AM
So simple, can't believe I never considered this but, PRESERVES that my sim can make for free and by the dozen quickly v. a bunch of dried food and regular food that costs money, is always miles away, and rots as soon as you go anywhere or do anything in the travel destinations
Advertisement
Scholar
#10952 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
There is a gnome costume?! "Also the mascot change is heritable and transferable to spouses" oh great that wouldn't get old fast like the WA songs

If it's any consolation, it's not something they seem to do of their own volition. However, I've been pretty tempted to have them all suit up when the mascot shows up on the teen birthday. Imagine how confused the new mascot would be!
Field Researcher
#10953 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 2:07 PM
Haha, I'm having this mental image of a Llama mascot being surrounded with people wearing hot dog costumes and looking at him in anger every time he does the pony dance.
Lab Assistant
#10954 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:28 PM
Sims will clean up after detonations at the junkyard. Bit of a Wtf moment :D
Screenshots

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#10955 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 4:45 AM
Dogs are more interested in Irresistible sims than Animal Lover or Dog People.

Dogs can find tiberium or supernovium hunting

Large tiberium spires can be grown from gem dust, but not if it is in the same room as another tiberium spire.

You can own the graveyard.

If you left click a negative moodlet the sim will solve the problem. Best not to do this if you have autonomous "risky" enabled. (glares at sims expecting a baby when there's 7 teenagers in the house)

I'm done playing with my founder and her husband. I've bought them a little house and I'll plant her a little garden and they can raise their second family there. I'm still feeling traumatized from their endless babies and toddlers.
Scholar
#10956 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Dogs can find tiberium or supernovium hunting

...Tiberium came with WA? Or is it a basegame gem?
Scholar
#10957 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 3:46 PM
I think it came with WA
Mad Poster
#10958 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 4:18 PM Last edited by igazor : 24th Jan 2018 at 4:44 PM.
If it's any consolation, it's not something they seem to do of their own volition. However, I've been pretty tempted to have them all suit up when the mascot shows up on the teen birthday. Imagine how confused the new mascot would be!

Number One, what is your name please?
(normal voice) I am the Uni Llama Mascot. Go Gerbitz!

Number Two, what is your name please?
(deep, booming voice) I am the Uni Llama Mascot. Go Gerbitz!

Number Three, what is your name please?
(high pitched, squeaky voice) I am the Uni Llama Mascot. Go Gerbitz!

Two of these mascots are imposters, only one of them is telling the truth. Stay tuned and watch our celebrity panel ask them questions as they try to figure out which one it is on tonight's episode of "To Tell the Truth!" (we'll be right back after these commercial messages)
Top Secret Researcher
#10959 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
...Tiberium came with WA? Or is it a basegame gem?

Tiberium and supernovium (I'd rather have supernvium) come with WA.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#10960 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:30 PM
I never noticed this, but now that I have it bothers me: Sims rock their chest back and forth while breathing, instead of it expanding and impanding like with real people.
Maybe it's just my compulsive nitpicking, but you'd think they could've animated it properly. Makes you wonder why we get back pains and they don't.
Not to mention the huge knockers on some premades. Now THERE'S potential for backpain.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#10961 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 7:22 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 29th Jan 2018 at 6:14 PM. Reason: fix the spellcheck correction I just noticed.
Don't ever have two sims who are getting romantic with each other hold hands if the way they are breathing bothers you...
The reading books backward doesn't bother me as much. Not all languages run from left to right. Simlish is obviously one of the right to left languages.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#10962 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 12:27 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 29th Jan 2018 at 9:19 PM.
My sim who came to sit at the fire pit was originally going to sit 2 seats away from another sim, who was a friend and in the same household, but decided to move seats and sit right next to him. At first I thought it was a routing error until I noticed the thought bubble. Really cute - u -
Lab Assistant
#10963 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 3:34 PM
Two sims viewing the same object can chat with each other :D

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#10964 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 12:22 AM
My nurturing sim seems to autonomously do nice things more often, like cooking for the rest of them and thanking others for doing stuff around the house. I let him free-roam more than the others because he's less likely to do stupid things. He also autonomously cleans more than the rest.
Scholar
#10965 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 4:12 AM
Thought: Paparazzi in an unpopulated world are really just nature photographers. Unless there's a magazine called Wild Horse Monthly about all the drama of herd life...
Mad Poster
#10966 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 4:48 AM
Thought: Paparazzi in an unpopulated world are really just nature photographers. Unless there's a magazine called Wild Horse Monthly about all the drama of herd life...

I once saw a wild tomato plant who didn't know it, but it was very famous. Actually, I would expect the Paparazzi to end up gaining celeb stars themselves and chase each other around after a while even if that doesn't really happen in-game.
Top Secret Researcher
#10967 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 11:32 PM
Today I learned that:
1) When you use edit town to save a household with a plumbot, and then put that household in a new town, that plumbot loses all it's trait chips.
2) Even if a plumbot loses it's Learning trait chip, re-installing another trait chip brings all the skills it had learned back.
3) Sims can die without a headstone when returning from the future. Not sure if that was a glitch or what, but my sims back in the present got the grief moodlet and everything.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#10968 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:07 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 6th Feb 2018 at 11:42 PM.
ummmmm.. so idk what this all applies to but when you fish, you have those two little blue bars on the interaction icon you can pull that over. First pull tells you the level you need to be to fish in that particular area (?), second pull gives you "fish until skill improves" ; o;

I had no idea about this.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10969 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 11:39 AM Last edited by Don Babilon : 7th Feb 2018 at 11:50 AM.
Two things I learned today:

1) The Fixer-Upper car from the Store doesn't like to be moved around in Edit Town, regardless of whether it's in a sim's inventory or placed on a lot. This will break the car, render it unusable and likely to be whisked off into Limbo by ErrorTrap.
(I remember that people were accused of piracy when they reported that their Store car had turned into a broken object with a strange name - well, they are vindicated now because the reason for it to break was probably this.)

2) Any ice sculpture portrait of a Sim will be saved into TravelDB, and even if you sold the sculpture, the data will still be in there. I guess this could have *some* use, because the data is saved as a MODL, so one savvy enough could perhaps extract that mesh and use it as a base for a permanent sculpture object. For anyone else it's just another way to bloat your save files, and as it is neither an _IMG nor SNAP resource Save Cleaner will not touch it either.

Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
ummmmm.. so idk what this all applies to but when you fish, you have those two little blue bars on the interaction icon you can pull that over. First pull tells you the level you need to be to fish in that particular area (?), second pull gives you "fish until skill improves" ; o;

I had no idea about this.
I think the first pull tells a Sim to stop after catching 5 fish.
Scholar
#10970 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 4:25 PM Last edited by tunafishfish : 8th Feb 2018 at 4:25 PM.
Took the two eldest in my Nothing is Free file off for Uni since they'd earned their lots (big park and bookstore) and I noticed something strange. First Yasmin seems to automatically have a higher friendship level with acquaintances than Samir even though neither of them have the charisma skill. Her traits are Athletic, Loves the Outdoors, Brave, Party Animal, and Heavy Sleeper. He is Friendly, Nurturing, Loves the Outdoors, Good, and Dog Person. Of course the one sim he vibes with has the Insane trait just like his ex, I guess everyone has a type.

edit for spelling, freaking homophones.
Forum Resident
#10971 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:51 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the best place to Play for Tips is always the bistro, Imo. Sims flock there like crazy and just wait around debating on getting food or not. Always more crowded than any other Lot in my experience. If you're in Sunset Valley, Lisa Bunch and Holly Alto seem to fight over who gets to chuck money at you.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Theorist
#10972 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:46 PM
I found out I like Sims 3 the best of any computer game I have ever played. Nothing else is like it.
Mad Poster
#10973 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 2:55 PM
I'm forced to agree, even if I did not find out about it today.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#10974 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I'm forced to agree, even if I did not find out about it today.

Yeah, after a day or two on "Second Life" I just got bored (not bashing, it's just not for me) I want to go back to Sims 3.
Site Helper
#10975 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:49 AM
I've heard Second Life described as a chat room with scenery. IMHO that is about right.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 439 of 490