Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 1:24 PM Last edited by biscuit-the-great : 31st Jul 2009 at 1:40 PM.
Default Custom hair randomly goes flat & ugly.
I need help with sims 3 custom content please! Heres the story:

I download custom hair from here, Rose, Pegy etc. and put it in my game, and it works just fine. And for days its been just fine.

I shut the game off last night normally, then today I start up, and my custom hair looks... rather strange...

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/...icture1-130.png

As you can see on the control panel it shows what the hair should look like. Its not just this hair that does it either, every single custom hair I have looks like this, even HP's cherub hair! Maxis hair and hair downloaded from the store looks ok but its just custom ones.

I have not changed anything, moved any files, anything. Its just randomly done that today as I turned it on.

I've tried deleting and re downloading the resource.cfg, to no avail.

I've tried deleting the caches, too, but its still the same. hmmm quite a puzzler!

Ah a Biscuit! It all makes sense
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 2:02 PM
I believe you're playing on a Mac and have patched the game to 1.3.4. This is a known bug for that combination. I regret that I haven't seen any solutions for the problem, but could you post your computer's specs for reference?

A moderator will eventually move this thread. When you have game problems, you should post to the Mac subforum for game help. Mac players will see your post and be able to respond knowledgeably, and people will be able to identify any platform-specific problems.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
I believe you're playing on a Mac and have patched the game to 1.3.4. This is a known bug for that combination. I regret that I haven't seen any solutions for the problem, but could you post your computer's specs for reference?

A moderator will eventually move this thread. When you have game problems, you should post to the Mac subforum for game help. Mac players will see your post and be able to respond knowledgeably, and people will be able to identify any platform-specific problems.

Thanks, i didn't know this specific issue was confined to mac users. We just keep getting knocks don't we?

My specs are as follows:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93GHZ.
Graphics: NVidia Geforce GT 130 with 512 MB VRAM.
RAM: 4GB
I also have 518 GB available on my Hard drive

I have fixed the bug for now by simply restarting my computer, not something i often do. However, its likely to come back if its a known bug.

Ah a Biscuit! It all makes sense
shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 5:55 PM
Moving to Mac forum..

As Managroo said, EA borked a lot of content with the new patch. It will be up to the individual creators to fix their content. Until then, there's no much you can do but remove anything that causes problems and wait for a fix.
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 11:35 PM
I've had the same problem. I found out that my problem was either a .sims3pack file that I download via the launcher ... also SLAMv2 made my CC hairs not show!