Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7701 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WaytoomanyUIDs
It appears that the upstanding sims of Sunset Valley have decided to run the gypsies out of town.

There's no way that this isn't going to escalate. Today it's the gypsies, tomorrow they're invading Poland.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Instructor
#7702 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 5:17 AM
New Strangetown file and of course I'm immediately having a ton of fun. Fav town ever. ANYWAY we start off the first day with Tycho, and have to call a babysitter since all the Curious brothers have work. Tycho's babysitter just so happened to be a formal gnome man. At least he's good with kids.

Pascal gets home with an opportunity to do research on the computer for his job. And for some reason when I click on the baby the option shows up, too??? I guess that makes sense since he's an alien?

Boi this is Strangetown we are in Strangetown right now and there are like 4 kids in this whole world, none of em are starving
And of all the Sims in all the world, the aliens chose Dusty Hogg to impregnate. Hot headed, mean spirited, rebellious Dusty Hogg. I was gonna give the baby to Pascal, but as soon as she was born I got super attached to the two of them.
Test Subject
#7703 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eronel

Boi this is Strangetown we are in Strangetown right now and there are like 4 kids in this whole world, none of em are starving

Well, since they're actually in Strangetown, this message makes even more sense, I guess - there can be homeless (and starving) kids somewhere nearby.
Mad Poster
#7704 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 8:19 PM
Sooooo I had a sim couple try for baby. The father died a few hours after a successful conception (due to...totally unrelated causes...). The three sims days pass and the pregnancy goes about as normal as a three day pregnancy can be.

Here's where the weird shit happened. The mom gave birth to a relatively normal baby girl...and then a few seconds later, it's revealed that she was not only pregnant with twins, but the second child (a boy) is a ghost! The babies were conceived BEFORE the father died. How the hell did she end up with a ghost child!?

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#7705 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 8:54 PM Last edited by Elynda : 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:56 PM.
So my sim just finished university and as soon as she got back I had her invite one of her uni friends to visit because I'm planning to have them move in together. Well she was out by the gate, ready for her friend to arrive, and the phone rings. Turns out it's the friend calling, and at first I thought she was going to say 'sorry - can't make it' (story of my life). But no, because whilst she's on the phone her friend actually walks into the gate. So she's talking to her friend on the phone, and her friend is standing right in front of her. Honestly, this game!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Top Secret Researcher
#7706 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Sooooo I had a sim couple try for baby. The father died a few hours after a successful conception (due to...totally unrelated causes...). The three sims days pass and the pregnancy goes about as normal as a three day pregnancy can be.

Here's where the weird shit happened. The mom gave birth to a relatively normal baby girl...and then a few seconds later, it's revealed that she was not only pregnant with twins, but the second child (a boy) is a ghost! The babies were conceived BEFORE the father died. How the hell did she end up with a ghost child!?

Add note to resource and tactics book: Murder father sim before baby is born to try for ghost baby fun!
Mad Poster
#7707 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 5:27 AM Last edited by lil bag2 : 26th Oct 2017 at 5:44 AM.
Welp. My Evil Vampire/Witch hybrid Sim officially sucks at what he was made to do. His job is to spread death and destruction across the town, and he can't even do that right. It started out simple enough. After a...particularly bad break-up, he finds out that his mistress has moved onto a new boyfriend. Being the possessive and evil bastard that he is, he couldn't take solace in the fact that his affair was officially over and he could go back to being faithful to his wife (who's honestly a lot prettier than the piece of trailer trash he was cheating on her with). Nope. While out at the Library, he ran into the mistress' new boyfriend and picked a fight with him. One thing led to another aaaaaand....

Site Helper
#7708 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 2:28 PM
He's hoping to set the school on fire to get out of class early?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#7709 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
He's hoping to set the school on fire to get out of class early?
I'll bet his thoughts are more mundane, like "Wouldn't it suck if I get grounded on top of being set aflame?" A Sim, especially a young one and especially one in distress, will often think tactically rather than strategically. Then too, very few Sims know about Alice Cooper.

EDIT: OK, some of my Sims and (at a wild guess) PandaQueen's probably do know, and there could be others. But I don't think that invalidates my overall point.
Instructor
#7710 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 9:23 PM
Let me begin the tale of the Best Worst experience I have ever had playing TS3.
Mad Poster
#7711 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:33 PM
Sim genetics are weird. Remember this couple from my last post? Well they just had a baby....with blonde hair. At first I thought that maybe the wife cheated and I just didn't notice (would have been totally out of character for her but I don't put anything past my sims anymore). But I checked the family tree, and the only illegitimate child was the one I already knew about (long story). I went into CAS to see what the baby would look like when she's older, and sure enough, she had aspects of both parents. Most of the mother's facial features, the father's eyes and skin tone. She's actually gonna grow up to be quite pretty (which is more than I can say about the child that the father had during his affair). She's just...blonde for some reason XD

Scholar
#7712 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Sim genetics are weird. Remember this couple from my last post? Well they just had a baby....with blonde hair. At first I thought that maybe the wife cheated and I just didn't notice (would have been totally out of character for her but I don't put anything past my sims anymore). But I checked the family tree, and the only illegitimate child was the one I already knew about (long story). I went into CAS to see what the baby would look like when she's older, and sure enough, she had aspects of both parents. Most of the mother's facial features, the father's eyes and skin tone. She's actually gonna grow up to be quite pretty (which is more than I can say about the child that the father had during his affair). She's just...blonde for some reason XD

Reminds me of that time one of my sims had a kid with an eye colour that couldn't be traced to her parents OR any of her four grandparents.

I think I remember reading something around that time about there being a small chance of a mutation occurring in the hair or eyes when determining a sims genetics at birth? I think it was something like 5%

I might be totally making that up, and I can't remember how reliable the source was, but I think I read something like that somewhere at some time?

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
#7713 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:06 PM
Both parents are witches so I'll just chalk it up to those good ole magic genes. Jeez. Now I feel like should have named her Nymphadora XD

Scholar
#7714 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 10:32 AM
One of my Sims has gone swimming. The town I'm playing has beaches all over the place, but for some reason she's chosen to go swimming in a really remote part of the map. x( She's surrounded by high cliffs and small islands, against which the waves are crashing to their deaths. We may never see her again.

I'm not sure HOW she managed to phone in and cancel her stylist appointment, but it was nice of her to take the time to do so. O.o
Instructor
#7715 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 12:07 PM
just....y'know...out for a swim...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7716 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ribbonista
just....y'know...out for a swim...

Quicksand!
Instructor
#7717 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 5:27 PM
I'M DROWNING PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME

yeah im totally going as fast as i can honey dont worry

i'll be there
just a moment
Scholar
#7718 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:44 PM
Been awhile since I been on this site; probably no one remembers me that long.

But one of my Sims has a mad addiction to scolding teenagers. This has gotten him fired in the past because he spent all day scolding the teen. Then felt need to leave work to scold the teen who just got off of work. Well one day his grandson had enough and my one sim went to scold him but the teen made a B-line to grab the cake from the cowplant. RIP to the tormented teen. Your grandpa pushed you to cowplant suicide.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Instructor
#7719 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 3:52 PM
he...HE'S IN THE FUCKING HOUSE

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

(he took the tub AND the sink. they need those)
Mad Poster
#7720 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 10:11 PM
That's been issue for me lately too. I always have to kill the burglars because the cops are freakin' useless. Hell, half the time, the cops don't even show up in uniform

Instructor
#7721 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 1:38 AM
Keep it classy random paparazzo lady

Field Researcher
#7722 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Poisi
Keep it classy random paparazzo lady

To find the Lady Gaga, you must BECOME the Lady Gaga!
Instructor
#7723 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
To find the Lady Gaga, you must BECOME the Lady Gaga!

That's one way of lookin at it...
Mad Poster
#7724 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 10:44 PM

Because this is what all aspiring basketball stars should wear to work. Go home custom careers, you're drunk.

Test Subject
#7725 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 8:01 AM
My sims have a bad habit of picking up a baby, getting distracted by something, and just leaving the baby in the middle of the floor. I have to go and tell them to pick up the poor kid.

These are babies in the "burrito stage" so they can't crawl to safety.
Page 309 of 321