Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 11:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Seasons
Default Is my game considered an Origin or Steam download?
I'm currently looking at Twallan's ErrorTrap mod, and I've no idea which version to use. I bought my game from a 3rd-party retailer, i.e GameFly, from which I downloaded the game. But I needed to install Origin for the actual game installation, but I'm under the impression this should be the same regardless of where I get the game from? Or would Steam downloaders bypass this process and only need Origin for actual gameplay?

Also, if I get my subsequent EPs from elsewhere (I currently have base + LN & Gen) - say, WA from Steam and Supernatural from Origin - would that require me to swap out my mod?

Either way, I'm confused and I'd really appreciate some help clearing things up. Thanks!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 12:47 PM
When it comes to Twallan's mods, it shouldn't matter from where you bought your game. Only thing that matters is that your base game version matches with the mod's version. Also, buying EPs and SPs - no matter where they're bought/how they're mix matched - doesn't affect your mods, only the version of your base game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
When it comes to Twallan's mods, it shouldn't matter from where you bought your game. Only thing that matters is that your base game version matches with the mod's version. Also, buying EPs and SPs - no matter where they're bought/how they're mix matched - doesn't affect your mods, only the version of your base game.

Thanks for the reply!

ErrorTrap in question seems to differ between Steam downloads and Origin/physical copies. My base game was bought from GameFly, so I'm a little confused which one it is - I wonder if it's safe to assume that it's considered an Origin download since I didn't need to launch Steam whatsoever during its download/install?

But it's good to know about the EPs, so thanks
Alchemist
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 1:26 PM
Ah, sorry forgot the steam version on those. I think if the steam version of a mod is also given, then you go by chosing the mod from where you bought the base game, steam or disc/Origin. At least that how I believe it goes.