Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 6:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default installed items are not showing-up in my game
Hi,

Some of my sims3pack ( clothes, objects ) don’t show-up in my game anymore ( I use to have them), but they are in the launcher

I downloaded some new clothes and it’s the same problem, I have them in the launcher, but not in the game.

They’re listed under “style” instead of “full outfit” or “object”

All these stuff are from the exchange, I don’t have this problem with stuff from others websites.

These files are not corrupted, I tested them and I can’t install corrupted files, I have some error messages like “missing addon” for a thing base game compatible” or “update needed”….I have the lastest version.

My game is an official one, not a cracked one…I’m not like this.

What does it mean ?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 8:37 PM
If they are listed under "style" then they are just a recolor of the original object; you need the full object first and then the downloaded style will show in Create-A-Style as a new preset option.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
If they are listed under "style" then they are just a recolor of the original object; you need the full object first and then the downloaded style will show in Create-A-Style as a new preset option.

I have the original objects.

This item showed-up before

https://68.media.tumblr.com/46e593b...1tgs5py_500.png
#4 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 9:05 AM
Can you post a link to one of these items?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 1:35 PM
#6 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 9:07 PM
I downloaded both and installed the Hello Kitty one. It did show up in CAS as a new style but was missing the Hello Kitty pattern. I'm not familiar at all with downloading styles but maybe you need the Hello Kitty pattern as a separate download?

How did you download, btw? Because at first I also encountered the error that the Launcher refused to install it, but I had downloaded it as "Save File" and not as "Add To Game", which tends to break Exchange downloads and requires fixing with CUSTARD.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 11:08 PM
I downloaded them as "add to game".
#8 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 9:43 AM
Sorry, I am out of any further ideas then, I'm afraid. The downloads themselves looked fine when I looked at them in S3PE, except for the missing Hello Kitty texture. The fact that they show up in the Launcher as "Style" is correct, though, because these two downloads are styles/presets, not objects.