Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2017 at 10:45 PM
Default Signing into Origin
I had to re-sign into Origin. I thought I was using the same password as usual, but it wouldn't accept it. I tried using the "Problem forgetting password" option, and that didn't work. I'm at a loss. It told me that address or password had "expired." Expired?! I tried starting a whole new e-mail account and EA account, but of course that didn't work because the Sims code was "assigned" (or whatever) to a different e-mail address. How in the world do I access my own game??!! My frustration is off the charts!!!

If you need my system specs, here they are:

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2017 at 11:45 PM
I would, but I've gotten the impression that they're notoriously unhelpful.

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2017 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Macaroodle
I would, but I've gotten the impression that they're notoriously unhelpful.

EA/Origin is notoriously unhelpful with tech support issues. With general customer support, they are actually pretty good. But regardless, they are the only ones on the planet with access to your customer records.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2017 at 3:13 AM
Thanks for the advice. I spent several hours waiting for them to get back to me, but gave up and bought a new copy of the base game. My big worry was that I'd need new codes for all my expansion packs, but thankfully that turned out not to be the case!