Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 9:27 AM
Default Sim's child missing
I made aa family with a child, cheated in some money, moved them to a bigger house and for a while didn't play them. When I looked for that family, there child is missing. She's not included as a member of the household if I play as the family, she can be added as a friend there cheats but has no profile image and can't be invited over threw cheats. I can't otherwise interact with her in any form its like she nolonger exists. What kidns of bugs would do this? Aging is on and sims can do whatever they want. Woundering if she died, got abducted by alens or sent off to a special school if theres a way to tell that vs her just being randomly missing. All my other sims each grew and aged at the correct rate but this one sim just vanished some place between toddler and childhood.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 10:27 AM
Inactive Sims will not get abducted or carried off by social services, so that is ruled out already, unless you use a mod that makes this possible. Death is a possibility or some random glitch or story progression. It depends on how you modded your game, too.
You can try to locate her with MasterController: City Hall or computer then NRaas/MasterController/Sim/Status/Personal and then apply a filter. As you don't know much about her your best bet is to set the filter as wide as possible like "Gender:Female". The pop up window will give a first indication on what and where she is currently. If you found her via that route it would be best to either post a screenshot of that MasterController pop-up window or write everything down and post it here. Depending on what is stated there I could try to determine other filters that might then help finding out what actually happened to her.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Inactive Sims will not get abducted or carried off by social services, so that is ruled out already, unless you use a mod that makes this possible. Death is a possibility or some random glitch or story progression. It depends on how you modded your game, too.
You can try to locate her with MasterController: City Hall or computer then NRaas/MasterController/Sim/Status/Personal and then apply a filter. As you don't know much about her your best bet is to set the filter as wide as possible like "Gender:Female". The pop up window will give a first indication on what and where she is currently. If you found her via that route it would be best to either post a screenshot of that MasterController pop-up window or write everything down and post it here. Depending on what is stated there I could try to determine other filters that might then help finding out what actually happened to her.

I can find her on a Sim's Master Controller (thanks for reminding me of the name of the mod I used to give her family money etc) but I can't find her on her Parent's master controller or on her PC's master controller I either didn't see her on the city hall one or I missed her name.) If I find her on a Master controller menue what command do I use?? Reset? Add to Family? Do I want to be in Advanced, Basic? Househould? other?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 7:01 AM
Please click on City Hall with you currently active Sim and go "NRaas/MasterController/Sim/Status/Personal" and then apply the filter "Gender:Female". She must be in there if she still exists somehow. The list that pops up is sorted alphabetically so maybe try again. We need to know her status first before anything else can be done.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Please click on City Hall with you currently active Sim and go "NRaas/MasterController/Sim/Status/Personal" and then apply the filter "Gender:Female". She must be in there if she still exists somehow. The list that pops up is sorted alphabetically so maybe try again. We need to know her status first before anything else can be done.

I'll try that. BTW when trying to merge a new family to the one I have trouble with it brings up a blue screen with options like delete script etc that I can't click on because the merging logo overlays the error box and it becomes unlockable.