Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 12:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is it possible to see LN metals or gems in Consignment Store?
For some reasons, I always acquire metals and gems from local Consignment Store or Elixir Consignment Store. However, I didn't ever see a single Carbon Steel, Tungsten Carbide or such thing in Consignment Store, and the chance to get Platinum and Titanium is close to zero, even lower than Palladium.
I'd like someone to clarify if it is a bug, a feature that can be modified, or just designed by EA to be so.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 2:38 PM
It's random. But I've bought Tungsten Carbide and other EP metals and gems at the consignment register before. So it does sell all possible and available gems and metals.
The elixir consignment register doesn't sell them though. That one only sells things that can serve as ingredients for elixirs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
It's random. But I've bought Tungsten Carbide and other EP metals and gems at the consignment register before. So it does sell all possible and available gems and metals.
The elixir consignment register doesn't sell them though. That one only sells things that can serve as ingredients for elixirs.

I see.
I'm using a custom world(not official worlds or store worlds). So I'd like to know if it's the reason why I can't buy LN metals from store.
Site Helper
#4 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 3:52 PM
If there are no spawners for a metal, it will not be "possible and available." You can rectify this by finding (or if necessary, placing) a lot somewhere and using Buy Debug to put a few metal spawners for those metals on it. Or, if you have the files and ability to edit that world in CAW, you can edit it and add those spawners yourself.

(Be careful about placing lots in Edit Neighborhood. It can break routing.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 4:50 PM
Are you sure this is correct? Just recently I bought Citrine, Tiberium, Iridium and Amethyst in Sunset Valley and I am pretty sure that I haven't placed any WA spawners there.
I think the trick is rather to buy the metals and gems and hope that once the register restocks that the ones you want are among them then.
(I needed the Tiberium for an opportunity and it took me two or three weeks of continuously buying the metals and gems to have the register finally stock Tiberium.)
Site Helper
#6 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 8:14 PM
That was a guess based on the fact that I have never seen them in the shop until there was a spawner for them somewhere, or at least an example of them sitting on my lot. But I haven't really looked too hard in the Consignment shop when I want to buy metals or gems. It's easier to add a Relics register and shop there. It has a better chance of having metals and gems, along with the occasional piece of a collection or the odd sarcophagus, dive well, or statue fragment so the shopping trip isn't completely wasted buying stuff I don't need. And gems are often even easier: just break a lot of Space Rock blocks.

But I've also got a tendency to add a spawner somewhere if I'm waiting far too long for a specific metal or gem, so this could be simply a combination of coincidence and impatience.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook