Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 8:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Rabbit holes too attractive. Causing empty lots.
So here is an odd issue.

I noticed about a week ago all the parks and bars in my neighborhood where empty but my city center with seven rabbit holes was full of sims. Well since then I have been trying to find away to stop sims from going to the rabbit holes hoping they would go someplace else. I tried everything I know and found very little information on the Internet and other than deleting the rabbit holes nothing worked.

I have narrowed it down to just a few rabbit holes.
The grocery store, bistro, and bookstore are the worst but can be replaced with the WA registers.
City hall and the hospital I need and can't replace. The rest don't seem to have the problem at least not as bad.

I was hoping someone here would have some ideas for a fix or help me find the cause so that I can make a fix.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 9:02 AM
When you say those rabbit holes are full of sims..are they actually working there? maybe something to consider, maybe assigning different jobs to some?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 9:22 AM
None of them are employed on that lot I used Master Controller to switch to different sims they are ether going shopping, getting drinks, getting food, or just standing around doing nothing. I tried using using no autonomy mods for those actions but didn't work.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:22 AM
Like nitromon said, this is the normal behaviour. And I am not sure whether this can be modified easily. First of all you would need to change the tunings for all possible interactions of inactives with rabbitholes, like GoShopping, AttendShow etc. and make them non-autonomous. But then there's still the chance that while this may prevent them from using the rabbithole object it will still not prevent them from being pulled to the lot by the rabbithole in the first place.
One would also probably have to look into the Lot and Autonomy xmls and possible entries in each individual rabbithole (there are about 50 different ones).

Your best bets are to either look into NRaas StoryProgression for settings that stop the inactives from being pushed to go there, find a mod that changes MetaAutonomy (don't know of any), or reconsider your town layout. Another option is to use the combo rabbitholes, because by default they don't attract visitors. But then you will have to drop the current version of Overwatch if you use that, because that one fixes this, and use an older version instead.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:26 AM
I tried deleting that lot and placing new single rabbit holes on different lots all over the city sims still only go to the rabbit holes now they are just scattered all over town.
I was thinking of looking at the rabbit hole rugs mod in S3PE to see if I can find the code that draws sims to them and disable it in the originals but with my luck sims will just stay home without it.

But nitromon you did give me an idea put the rabbit hole on a lot where I want sims to go that will be easy using the rug mod just put a dinner rug in say a dive bar should draw sims to the bar.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:32 AM
This thread could give you some further ideas and instructions: Multi-Function Lots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 8:34 AM
I believe that the mod everyone is telling you doesn't exist was made by bluegenjutsu and is available from The Naughty Sims Asylum (free registration required to see anything there). It's creatively called "No Autonomous Go to City Hall/Shopping/Out to Eat/Stadium/Hospital." Looks like it can be modified to take out some of its tunings, the Bistro part for example, if you find that it's effective but too far-reaching for your tastes.

I have to agree with the others though that this probably won't by itself redirect your sims to other community lots as that issue has other causes and solutions. But it might at least stop the incessant crowding at City Hall and Hospitals by sims who don't really need to be there and are just hanging out to be annoying if that is what you are facing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 6:07 AM
Thank you igazor bluegenjutsu's mod helps a lot.

As for the rest I think I found away to mod that. I found a game file called Venues_XML from reading it I now know how the tracking system works and possibly how to change it.

There seems to be two systems in play one to make the town look busy and one to make sims look busy.

The town system adds and removes sims from community lots as needed but some lots are set so that sims can only see objects on that lot to keep it looking busy
(The rabbit holes that are giving me trouble all have this setting).

When a sim is looking for something to do they the search all objects on the lot including themselves for something that meets there needs.

If a sim needs fun and the funnest thing to do is to autonomously go shopping from their self menu they will do that and move to a rabbit hole (bluegenjutsu mod stops this) once done the new lot will tell them to only use objects on that lot now they are kind of stuck there until the town scanner tells them to go home or they autonomously use a different rabbit hole.

So it seems the autonomous interaction was too attractive not the rabbit holes themselves.