Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 10:07 AM
Default Fading Question
So I'm building a house I plan on uploading to the site for Sims 3 and I noticed something when I was zomming out checking placment and such

When I'm up on the second floor I cant see the shutters on the first floor

I've used the fadeObjects on/off cheat and checked out all the options to try to get these to show, specially when I start to take pictures to show the house on the site when I upload. I guess my question is, is there an option or a cheat I'm missing to show all the details or do I have to have a Sim move into the lot to take pictures then move the Sim out before I package the lot? At least to get all the details to show.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 10:26 AM
I believe that the fadeObjects on/off is for objects that fade when you zoom in on them!
What you're looking for is probably a graphics setting that raises the lot details in the option panel

Even though my computer is capeable of playing the game with all graphic settings on maximum, the game initially sets them on low or medium - So try adjusting the graphics settings and see how well your game performs!

Life's a game, so let's play!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 11:19 AM
Well I went through all the options they were set at around medium, so I maxed them all and still no change, either I'm really missing something or thats hows its intended. But thanks for the help. I think after a good nights sleep it might be a little clearer.. hehe all nighters on Sims are catching up with me :P
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 6:23 PM
Did you turn hideobjects on in options? That hides things that aren't on the current level of play...