Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 3:17 AM
Default something wrong with the textures
Lately I wonder what is causing this quite odd result with textures when importing them into CTU.

It looks fine as saved in correct format of DXT1 (specular)

But when imported to CTU it becomes this:

I have not done textures in any different way than before (when it used to look all normal) and CTU is also the same as before, the only difference is that instead of using to make textures with photoshop 32bit I started using 64bit version since the DDS plugin was finally made for this photoshop version.

~Perfectionist, Workaholic, Friendly, Artistic, Good sense of humor~
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 10:42 AM
Hmm, how strange. Do both images - the texture within CTU and the texture within PS - show the image with the same channels visible?

Do the red areas actually show up on the model in CTU or ingame? It looks like they don't, but I can't be sure.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 11:07 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 28th Sep 2011 at 11:20 AM.
Think this is related to your computer.
I had this on my old P4 with crappy videocard and not enough memory.
You could try to close as many programs as you can before editing the texture files(and saving them)
If its computer related this often already happens on the Ps texture itself while working on it.

edit,
But there is also a error causing this(caused by the plugin)
Save the file as png(or bmp) then open either one of them with DXTbmp.
Save you specular as DDS with DXTbmp.
This happens when you create a specular from the Multiplier(or overlay) wich originally had a alpha layer
By deleting the alpha layer(doesn't need one) the file somehow gets corrupt when saving it as DXT1noalpha.

You could save it as bmp first, then import it back and try to save as DDSspecular(didn't work for me tho)
I needed DXTbmp untill i switched computers.

Only install the 64bit version when your Ps version is also 64bit.
Do not install when having a 32bit ps version on windows 64bit
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 3:31 AM
Hmm I haven't noticed the textures showing anything wrong on the model in the game even if in CTU it does show the red, so that's plus so far. But as usual, I'm just trying to find out causes so I can have everything perfectly fine.

My Pc is 64bits, but before I was kind of forced to use 32 bit photoshop when there was no DDS plugin for photoshop 64bit. However I believe this problem can't be my related to my PC as the graphic card is Ati radeon HD 5670 which supposedly is pretty good but eh who knows so I'll try out the way you mentioned Bloom, perhaps It'll work.

~Perfectionist, Workaholic, Friendly, Artistic, Good sense of humor~
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 1:53 PM
Then its due the plugin.
But you can save your texture without any problem with DXTbmp