Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 11:00 AM
Does anyone know whether it's possible to link an underwater cave to anything other than another underwater cave?
Hi there,

I'm creating diving lots in my custom world and decided to experiment with linking the underwater caves to other things, for example the diving wells from WA. This caused my game to crash as soon as a sim with the necessary skill to discover the exit swam into the cave. Does anyone know whether this kind of behaviour can be changed? I mean, all the game would have to do is change the sim's outfit, zoom in on the well, and play the animation for climbing out of it....(?). (Sadly, I've never modded anything before).
Also, does anyone know for certain how the creators of the game linked the underwater caves to the Divers Den (which is a spot on an island, not a cave) in Isla Paradiso? Does that happen automatically when you set the Hidden Island to be discovered by diving skill? (one person sort of confirmed this; maybe it's relevant to my first question somehow)

Happy simming ,
Jojo
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 2:21 PM
For the hidden island part, if I remember correctly, there is a public room marker from IP in buydebug that has a set name function, for example "Diver's Den", and then you link the underwater cave to that marker using the name you set. (I think you should also put the marker close to water because of how the animations work when you discover it like the sim is swimming there but not sure)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kastalia
For the hidden island part, if I remember correctly, there is a public room marker from IP in buydebug that has a set name function, for example "Diver's Den", and then you link the underwater cave to that marker using the name you set. (I think you should also put the marker close to water because of how the animations work when you discover it like the sim is swimming there but not sure)

Thanks! The marker did the trick, you can place it on any lot and link a cave (doesn't work with wells) there. If the marker happens to be on a hidden island set to be discovered by scuba surprise, all caves are automatically linked to it, in addition to wherever else they lead. I didn't actually discover the island when I tried exploring the caves several times with a sim with diving skill at level 10, but I might simply have been unlucky. Anyway, just directly linking a cave to the marker works for discovering the island
And you're right, the public room marker has to be placed in the water, otherwise strange things happen
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 1:02 PM
Glad I could help