Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 12:13 AM
Default Conflicting body parts, broken Morphs
I have been making a big set for a sim that includes lot of parts, such as top, bottom, boots, and morphed accessories. I am finally done with morphs for all the parts and the parts work fine alone, but once together they are not fine anymore.
Here are details for at least the main tree parts that have this issue:

Shoes:
I created custom boots and made fully new morphs for them. (I use Milk shape, CTU and Morphmaker) I used 30 000 as the starting ID for the boots for LOD1-2. I left LOD3 without morphs but changed the FVFItems to 6.

Bottom(skirt):
I used expansion pack skirt, changed the FVFItems to 6, then exported it out of MS to kill the vertext data then imported it back, and grouped it with a custom belt mesh. Then I duplicated it and made new morphs for it. Then I changed FVFItems back to 7.

LOD2: I did this a bit differently to avoid making full new morphs. So I left the skirt as LOD2 without changes to the mesh while I put the belt as LOD2 and duplicated and modified new morphs for it.

LOD3: this one I left fully Ea's own skirt with it's morphs with no changes.

Once done with all the morphs and LODs for this skirt I used autonum to make new vertext ID. For LOD1 I used 15 000.
For LOD2 I used also 15000 but for LOD2_1 I used the continuing ID which was 15215.
Lastly for LOD3 I used the same 15000.

Top:
I made this the same way as the skirt but this is a frankenstein mesh of 4 pieces and LOD1_1 is a custom mesh. Then I duplicated and modified new morphs for both LOD1 and LOD1_1.
Autonum starting ID: 5000 for LOD1 and continuing LOD1_1 with number 7217

LOD2 and 3 are yet missing since I have not done them yet.

So all these packages work fine with their morphs in the game. Alone that is. once I put all 3 packages in the game together (or even two together) the whole body gets messed up and morphs stop working. Perhaps the ID numbers are conflict with each other... I have done similar thing before with other sets for sims 3 which have worked all together just perfectly but this set does not seem to have a bright future.

I attached a file that has the 3 main packages and MS files. I truly appreciate help to solve this if it is even possible.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Set_of_meshes.rar (1.66 MB, 11 downloads) - View custom content

~Perfectionist, Workaholic, Friendly, Artistic, Good sense of humor~
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 12:20 AM
Do any of your morphs have the same TGI? Sounds like they're conflicting with each other since they work separately.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
Do any of your morphs have the same TGI? Sounds like they're conflicting with each other since they work separately.

The TGI references of the meshes's morphs is this and I use it for all morphs:

FVFItems: 3
TableType: 0
References: 1
TGIRef00: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 12:06 PM
I believe omega meant TGI as in Type, Group, and Instance of the actual BGEO resource. However, I suspect the problem is actually the vertex numbering.

I can never remember which clothing types should have which number ranges off the top of my head. However, you can check by extracting or exporting an EA mesh of the same type (top, bottom, shoes, whatever), and usng the GEOM information(?) option in MorphMaker.
It's also worth noting down a full list of all the starting numbers, and comparing it with your meshes' vertex counts to make sure they don't overlap. For example, if (and this is a ridiculously extreme example, but it illustrates the point), the normal starting number for shoes is 0, and the starting number for shirts is 2000, but your shoes have 2500 vertices - then there will be overlap and the morphs won't work properly.

You can also use the MorphMaker option to check which starting numbers are beng used by your own meshes which you didn't renumber. Basically, just make sure that no vertex number/ID is used in multiple meshes.
I would check that myself, but I'm not on my modding computer.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 1:04 PM
Omegastarr had the answer. The fat BGEOs (and BBLNs) in the three packages all have the same TGIs, the fit all have the same TGIs, etc. When you used MorphMaker, did you give a general name for the outfit as your project name for all three parts, instead of separate names for the top, bottom, and shoes? Since the TGIs are generated from the project name, that would explain this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 5:03 PM
Yes I realized that I had named every single mesh and morph with the same name. I Suppose it became a habit after using TSRW a lot. Should have thought about that before, after all names and numbers, they always matter with technical stuff.
Thank god it was such a simple, stupid problem. Thank you guys, you are a life savers.