Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 11:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can't Travel Home from Vacation
i had my sims vacation to the MS Plumbob to get married and i had families vacation there with them.

I sent the families home and just had the newly weds there for another day, but when it was time for my main sims to leave, my game sent them home but "I" was still in the vacation world. I had paid for them to stay 5 days so i thought let me let it run its course and then it'll send me back to sunset valley. It never did.

What sucks is that i already tested their vacation like 6 times because my game kept crashing because of a lot I made and when i found out what was the problem, i finally tested it one last time and actually played the game. but now i cant even get back home. So i quit the game, I started it back up and now their still at the vacation place but another sim was added to the family. I have no idea who he is lol.

I would have posted this on the nraas website but I was trying for 20 mins on how to make a post yet alone a comment lol

is this a glitch or may i have done something wrong by sending the families back home before my main sims? It would suck to hear that i have to start my game over due to this but it is what it is. Any ideas why is isn't letting "ME" get back home? Thanks :lovestruc
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I don't know the reason, but I do know that issues like this is why I stopped trying to be creative with the traveling program. Go as 1 family to 1 vacation spot, then all leave together. In the past I also do things like sending part of my family home or even travel to a different vacation spot one after another before going home. Those led to massive issues that end up eventually I have to refresh my game b/c it is so corrupted.

Specifically in your case, the best solution is to have a backup save before you send part of your family home. If you do not and you wish to risk it, try using the phone to travel to a 2nd vacation destination. If that works then from there you can go home.

However, as I've explained, I do not recommend this.

thank you, I wish I would have asked something like this before doing the split up travel, guess I gotta restart my whole game again since I didn't back up it. (kick self in the head lol)
Thank you! i'll make a copy next time :lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Do you save in rotations? I use to save in a 5 game rotation and I always save a copy before I travel. Later I got lazy, so I just use the "save" or "save and quit" which always make a backup. However, in that case, sometimes it is too late after you find a glitch.

I didn't but I will now, I found out the problem. For some reason, the vacation world gave me a roommate and that's why I couldn't leave

no idea how that happened, tried to see if I could cut off roommate services in vacation world, but I couldn't so i'll just delete him when I get home. I'll start saving in rotation now since this game is one of the longest I've played.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 10:58 PM
Glad you have found a solution, I hope. I have had sims travel a lot and so far just one sim never made it to a destination and was totally nuked by the game. Thank goodness she was not a fave sim and so I just added it to the storyline.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 5:46 AM
I think I did use that! LOL Crash in the desert of Egypt.