Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 3:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sounds problems
I have an issue and I would like your guys input if what I'm experiencing is a "normal" occurring glitch that I should just learn to live with or if there is an actual solution.
Sometimes sound lags, as in the sound disappears and couple of minutes later it starts to slowly catch up, but of course its sounds from those 2 minutes ago. Restarting the game fixes it, but its something that occurs sometimes.
Another thing is also sound related. Sometimes random music/sounds that are unrelated to lot start playing. Sounds like of something that sounds like a haunted house or concert music that belongs with coliseum rabbit hole. Restarting the game helps with it, until it happens again.
Are those issues something that is normal occurring, or is there a fix?

PS: I have CC, but I don't know if CC can bug sound in game?
Patch 1.67, i7, 970 gtx graphic card, pc 3 years old.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 12:55 PM
I'm not sure as to what I was doing when it happened. I think it did happen during/end of my new town setup(importing nraas settings, porting families, switching between families to give them essentials they need. I did this in 2 sessions.). So it could be that I reached too much ram doing it and got the glitch.
I have 8gb ram. I might need more info first as to when it happens exactly as I cant remember with 100% certainty.
I also might have had 1 youtube tab playing while it happened.
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 11:27 PM
It could be the bicycle sound, that is a bug that hangs up sounds in the game and I don't believe it was ever fixed. TFM over at the asylum has a bunch of shut the flock up tuning mods including one for the bicycles (that one is on this post http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...d-june-9-2012/). The are two other posts to get rid of sounds like the music in build/buy mode and the dang computer sounds that always seem to be at super loud volume.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
It could be the bicycle sound, that is a bug that hangs up sounds in the game and I don't believe it was ever fixed. TFM over at the asylum has a bunch of shut the flock up tuning mods including one for the bicycles (that one is on this post http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...d-june-9-2012/). The are two other posts to get rid of sounds like the music in build/buy mode and the dang computer sounds that always seem to be at super loud volume.

But my sound glitch didnt sound like bicycles? Sorry if I sound like a total noob haha. Does the bicycle one fix more than bicycles sounds?