Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
just a girl
#576 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 9:25 AM
May be a problem associated with the region? As for me, I can open the page, even though I already have a Town Staff, so I do not need it. But no problem with spinning ball =)
Advertisement
Site Helper
#577 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 4:10 PM
I got it, although it says it can take up to 72 hours before it appears in my Origin library. If it makes a difference, I'm in Virginia.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#578 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 4:51 PM
Well it should be available until Feb 10th I believe. I've not been trying as I already own the pack.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Inventor
#579 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 6:10 PM
Sometimes when Origin does an entitlement it takes a while to show up. They gave me Supernatural and it took several hours to show up in my launcher. By the time it showed up I was starting to think they were just yanking me around, and I felt stupid after it started to load. When I called them they said no to my request, then they called me back an hour later and said yes and then it took several hours to show up. I had asked for store credit and was surprised when it was Supernatural too Those guys on the phone can only sit there and blame slow systems. They tried to pull information and there has been so many records changes from Maxis to EA to Origin that everything takes hours to update.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Inventor
#580 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Well it should be available until Feb 10th I believe. I've not been trying as I already own the pack.

I just looked in My Games at the Maxis site where you register a game and it shows as one of my games already so I am not gonna stress this at all.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Test Subject
#581 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 8:01 PM
I've been having the same problem as well, the page wont stop loading and loading and then a message stating 'The server has taken too long to respond' or something of the sort. Really, I have no clue what is going on and it's making me mad because I've tried doing numerous things - restarting my computer and using different internet browsers - and all to no avail.
Top Secret Researcher
#582 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 7:15 AM
I am just wondering, since they are having some sales right now... Can I buy Stuff packs from Origin and install onto Steam Sims 3?

I am playing the basegame (and EP) from Steam. I know we can't get EP from anywhere else but Steam (Please tell me that I am wrong, because I really want to get WA and Ambition back in without having to pay for Steam version). But Stuff pack? I know DLC/Store content is purchasable (for Steam) because I am able to download all my past purchases (way back in the time I still played DVD version of TS3).

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Field Researcher
#583 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 8:24 AM
Finally today the page loaded for me, so i completed the procedure and now i have to wait for the game to show up in Origin library (it could take awhile as advertised) The problem with the web page could be caused by lot of connections.
But i have a question: everything i have of the Sims 3 is from dvd's, but installing this stuff pack means that i have to play sims3 trough origin now? I hope not!
Instructor
#584 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Baiaana
Finally today the page loaded for me, so i completed the procedure and now i have to wait for the game to show up in Origin library (it could take awhile as advertised) The problem with the web page could be caused by lot of connections.
But i have a question: everything i have of the Sims 3 is from dvd's, but installing this stuff pack means that i have to play sims3 trough origin now? I hope not!

My Sims 3 base game is a download from origin and I have never had a problem, plus most of my Sims 2 games or from origin as well and I never had a problem playing them.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Field Researcher
#585 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 9:02 AM
I can't get it to open the page either - just sits there and spins and spins and spins. Apparently EA has invested NO resources towards their servers - which explains the SC5 debacle ...

If I don't answer a direct question on the technical forums, I didn't see it. Feel free to PM me.
Lab Assistant
#586 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 11:16 AM
For a change it wasn't EA's fault, in my case there was a hardware failure in a server between my ISP and EA's server, my signal got all the way from Scotland to Washington, but couldn't get any further as a result of the borked server.

Happy to say the server has either been fixed or switched off as I can now get to the site, but I think I'll wait a few days before downloading, as apparently it needs a serial to install and EA aren't supplying any for it.
Instructor
#587 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 5:47 PM
Has anyone received the Town Life SP yet ?

Test Subject
#588 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 6:59 PM
Mine appeared on Origin today
Inventor
#589 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 7:46 PM
I am at 24 hours but mine has not yet appeared. I can go to MY Page and see its registered but it doesn't show in Origin yet.

Instructor
#590 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 10:15 PM
I wish mine would hurry I feel like a little kid at Christmas

Inventor
#591 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 11:47 PM
Mine just started, but Origin had to update first

Top Secret Researcher
#592 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 6:11 AM
Oh now Town Life is priced at $0. I just bought it and checked out.

Instructor
#593 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922

I did the same after waiting for it to show up in origin I just downloaded it from the EA store.

Field Researcher
#594 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 7:58 PM
Did the same as you guys^^
Alchemist
#595 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 9:13 PM
Just tried out Town Life Stuff - I like it! (Maybe because it was free..)
Test Subject
#596 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 1:07 AM
I was able to claim it by clicking directly to Origin and purchasing, as the price is 0.00 if you TS3 registered, if that helps out.
Top Secret Researcher
#597 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeadMareGal
I was able to claim it by clicking directly to Origin and purchasing, as the price is 0.00 if you TS3 registered, if that helps out.

I got to say EA gets a praise on this one. I believe the process was harder at the beginning. I was waiting for this page to load ... forever, and fiddling with the $20 Town Life in Origin Store. And one day it became $0. EA just streamlined it. I am glad they realized their mistake and gave a simpler solution. This way is not hurting EA at all: you still have to buy (or already own) TS3 to even be able to use this supposedly $20 Stuff pack anyway.

Btw, not sure if this is new, TS3 base game is now $4.99. And (I believe) it gives 1000 simpoints. I registered my TS3 basegame (bought 1 month ago from Steam) and it gave me 1000 simpoints (originally I already registered TS3 basegame back in 2009 and got 1000 simpoints back then). So if my speculation is right, you are able to get 1000 simpoints for $5.

Field Researcher
#598 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922

Thank you for the heads up - I had finally got through on the other page but it never showed up on my account - I'm pretty sure it's been 3 days by now. No sign of it. But I went and clicked on it on the Origin site and it says I own it now that way. I've not seen anything I bought (got some EPs since they were on sale for like $10) show up yet but I guess I trust the actual store interface better than whatever klugy thing they were using before.

EDIT: BTW tomorrow is the last day of the 50% off (or more) anniversary sale. I got Sims 3 for $5 as a gift for my brother by creating a new origins account with a new e-mail address and buying it on that account. Now he can just sign into that account and change the e-mail to his own and download The Sims 3, the Town Life freeby, and the Pets EP. If I had tried to do it on my own account it wouldn't let me gift it but this worked just fine.

If I don't answer a direct question on the technical forums, I didn't see it. Feel free to PM me.
Inventor
#599 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 6:02 PM
Field Researcher
#600 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enriquebell
Valentines gift:
http://simsvip.com/2014/02/13/sims-...-day-2014-free/

Or if, like me, you have adware and ad sites blocked and that link takes you nowhere - just go directly to the Origins page, pick the Sims 3 products you want and put them in your cart. When you are done go to the cart page and enter the code "Love" in the promo box (which won't appear until you click the tiny arrow next to the word "Promo" on the cart page).

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/...n/sims-ANW.html

Page 24 of 25