Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:18 PM
Default Consignment Store Empty?
Last night when I was playing my game, I sent my sim to the consignment shop since I hadn't had a chance to check it out yet. But when she got there, there was no one there. There was no clerk, no other customers, no one. I had her wait there almost a full day (I had to use cheats to keep her alive) but no one else showed up. Why isn't there someone working there and why aren't there other customers? Is there a cheat or something I can use to make it generate a cashier?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:29 PM
Sometimes I have someone working there and other times I go in (at a decent hour when it SHOULD be operating, let it be noted) and there's no one, which leaves no options to buy anything. I'm not sure what the deal is but I have issues with it sometimes as well.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:51 PM
Opening times are from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Outside of these there will be no clerk and if you click on the cashier the option to "browse" will be greyed out. From what I read what you wrote on MATY your shop does not seem to have any cashier, so you will have to add one first, obviously. You can find these when you edit the lot in Edit Town under ... damn I forgot ... I think community lot objects in build mode.
Inventor
#4 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 5:12 PM
Yesterday when I played it was 10 a.m. in the game and there was no clerk. I tried to send someone again later and this time I didn't pay attention to the time but someone was there.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 7:23 PM
Try swapping out the cash register? Use testingcheatsenabled, shift-click the ground and then build here. Cash registers are in community lot objects under build mode. Delete the old one and put in a new one, and then wait a bit for the new register sim to show up.

Works in WA when a shop attendant disappears.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 7:44 PM
You can also go into edit town mode and just turn the building around a couple of times. Not sure why, but that boots whoever is working there and chooses a new Sim to be cashier. I had a bugged consignment store and after I moved it around suddenly it worked fine. Maybe because it was dropped in by the game facing backwards away from the road.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 10:18 PM
I tried resetting with deleting and re-adding the cash register, but it wouldn't work. I ended up using one of Twallan's mods to fix it (don't remember which one now).
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 1:00 AM
I went to the consignment shop for the first time and nothing was for sale. All I could do was "view" things. ????
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 1:48 AM
You use the "buy" interaction on the cash register. And you can't buy the actual stuff in the store.
Instructor
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 4:15 AM
@edejan: your joking right? lol the items on display can't be bought (i wish they could, it would be more realistic) there just deco stuff.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 7:34 PM
You can't "buy" the stuff in the stores in WA either, so why are you surprised?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 7:41 PM
Twallan register mod helps a clerk to be selected for the position at the store.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 7:06 PM
Well, it seems dumb that you can't actually "buy" anything, but you're all right...you can't buy any of the display items in WA locations either. So thanks for the hint. I'll try toe cash register!
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 1:06 PM
Forum Resident
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 1:41 AM
I find that if there is no cashier there, if I hang around for (about) half a Sim hour, the game decides to allocate one and someone turns up. Of course this only happens if the store is actually open.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 8:08 PM
The only consignment store that will work in my game is the one in Twinbrook. I've tried deleting, moving, rebuilding, reinstalling - none of these work. The option to buy is always cancelled. I do, however, always have a clerk. Just no buy/sell option.

Suggestions?
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 12:46 PM
I also have a problem with the consignment store in Sunset Valley, it will work fine in Twinbrook. When I visit the store, the clerk is there. When I try to click on the register, nothing happens, I just have the loading 'gear' thing constantly, when I click on the clerk and select buy items, it sends me home.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 1:19 PM
This reminds me of a funny thing that happened to me recently. I had downloaded a new empty world and spent days building new rabbit holes, all different types of houses for different parts of the town and making a selection of new families to inhabit it.
I carefully put all the new families into the nice new houses I's built for them and started playing my new main family. After a few days I needed to go to the Consignment Store to sell some artwork but when I went there it was empty. Not being sure of the 'opening hours' I decided to go back the next day at a different time. Still empty. I tried several times over the next few days and there was NEVER as cashier at the till. I began to mutter rude things about EA and how they couldn't do anything right etc etc..
I decided to try to replace the till to see if it was faulty but when I tried a message came up saying it was 'in use' by another of my sims. As she was obviously meant to be working there I decided to track her down and find out why she was skipping her duties.
I found where she lived and she was at home standing talking to her husband. I noticed her two sons were there too and it struck me that the house should be empty - the wife at the Consignment Store, the husband at his workplace and the two boys at school..so what was this? a mass strike?

Answer: Nope. A dippy town builder (ME!!!) who had carefully plopped all her families into their houses and then accidentally removed some custom content which included GATES. So my families were stuck inside their lots with no gate to go through to get to work/school etc!

At least I will never make that mistake again.

But its worth checking who is meant to be working their because if they die or leave town or have a baby sometimes it seems the game doesnt realise and allocate a new worker.

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? ~ Milton Berle
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 11:43 AM
Default Consignment Shop
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
@edejan: your joking right? lol the items on display can't be bought (i wish they could, it would be more realistic) there just deco stuff.

I think main reason why you can't buy items in store, because like a consignment shop in real life, the list of items for purchase changes day to day or every couple days. There is no furniture to buy on the list, but one day you can find a Miner (great tool to make extra money), other day Miner won't be available, but Time Machine may be (also great).
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 11:48 AM
Default Store empty-no register!
Had my sim go into the consignment store in Sunset Valley yesterday, most of the decor is missing, and most importantly so is the cash register & cashier.

Via Edit Town, I tried deleting the consignment shop then putting a new one on same lot, didn't work. Tried deleting it again & putting another consignment shop (Penny's instead of Landgrab) and more decor, but still register is missing.

I can't just add a register, because there are no registers for Consignment Shops, only general store, books, relics, etc.

I'm at a loss & really like sending my sims to consignment shops, any tips?
Mad Poster
#21 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 3:07 PM
If you edit the lot in Build/Buy mode, go to Build mode and there's a building shaped thing on the top right hand corner of the menu in Build Mode - it's called Community Objects. If you click on this, and then select the Miscellaneous tab (second one along) there is a consignment register that you can place. I don't know if it's the same in every game, but in mine it's the 6th thing from the left in the top row of objects.

I hope that this helps! :-)
Field Researcher
#22 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 9:43 PM
Default No Cashier at Consignment Shop - used to work fine
Okay, this is in Lucky Palms. It is the consignment shop that came with the game. There is a register and I know to look at the time of day.

I have an Inventor sim and he went to the Consignment store and sold some items. I sent him back and he was able to sell them again. I then noticed there wasn't a Cashier so I bought the shop. No Cashier came. I upgraded to level 3 and it said the shop could open but, again, the Cashier never came. I sold the store. The Cashier never came. I bought the store again. Nothing. I sold the store again. Nothing. I moved the store to another lot. Nothing. I deleted the register and replaced it. Nothing.

I've seen that there are problem with selling inventions and that you need to go in and cancel items in order to jumpstart it but, without a Cashier, I can't do ANYTHING! Any thoughts!
Instructor
#23 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 12:11 AM
My only thought is why would you post on a 6 years old thread?

I need a cigarette
dodgy builder
#24 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 5:31 PM
You can probably just assign soneone with Mastercontroller or something.

... but yes, there has been a lot of patches after 2010.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 9:56 PM Last edited by kslibra : 21st Apr 2016 at 11:14 PM.
Default Seriously?
Quote: Originally posted by MeltingMagnetz
My only thought is why would you post on a 6 years old thread?

What difference does it make when the problem I'm having is the same as what someone else had? That way you can see what other people have offered as help so you don't repeat yourself. It wasn't my post and I wasn't simply bumping. And if you can do the math, it is only 4 years old. Hah!

But I guess you'd rather take the time to post a silly photo than to offer assistance. Ridiculous.
Page 1 of 2