Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 4:22 AM
Default No sound problem
Getting an old bug again. All sound stops. No hearing sims talking, no music, no click noises when I click on things... nothing! I've never been able to find a solution to this and end up just uninstalling the game. I don't want to do that. I spent a month looking for a world I like and then afew more weeks placing lots and populating it. I've invested way to much to just uninstall after *2* days of playing.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 6:00 AM
I have something similar, sounds will stop mid game, and then come back in one blast after some time. It's annoying but not life threatening. Only once did the game get stuck due to this bug, because I was just zooming in with the camera when the sounds exploded back on. Too much excitement for my poor computer and the game got stuck.
Scholar
#3 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 6:12 AM
It happens to me when my sims use motorcycles and bikes. The moment my sims pop in, the FPS goes from 25~30 to 1~5 and the sound freezes. After a two minutes or so, the sound comes back and everything comes back to normal.

I don't think there's a explanation to that yet but Nraas Overwatch and ErrorTrap seems to fix it somehow, or at least minimize it.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 7:27 AM
I had the same problem as well. It hasn't happened for a good while, but I am not sure what the "solution" to it was. The only changes I did were having the Nrass Overwatch, FPS Limiter, and merging my .package files to get rid of some of the lag.

I don't know if this changed anything or if it's because I am playing a different world though.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 9:02 AM
I've had this problem for awhile, and I've found that going into Sound Options and changing the channel (e.g. from 2 channel to 5.1 surround sound), playing for a minute, and then changing it back fixes it.

Not sure if that works for everyone, but someone else suggested it online and I was thrilled to find that it worked for me!

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

The Hunger Site - Click once a day for free to give food to developing countries!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 11:09 AM
Two issues have been completely documented as causes of sound hangs or sound disappearing. One is the townie stereos which may be playing all night long, they never get turned off and might play 24/7. Too many of these and poof! your sound disappears. This issue is fixed with the NRaas Overwatch mod which turns off all extra stereos at 3am. http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index..../10-nraas-mods/

The 2nd issue is the bicycle bell sound which rings on bicycles on occasion. For some reason this can hang up other sound functionality. The bicycle bell sound is removed in a STFU mod at Wicked Tweaks at Crazy Town.
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index...d-july-10-2011/

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Two issues have been completely documented as causes of sound hangs or sound disappearing. One is the townie stereos which may be playing all night long, they never get turned off and might play 24/7. Too many of these and poof! your sound disappears. This issue is fixed with the NRaas Overwatch mod which turns off all extra stereos at 3am. http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index..../10-nraas-mods/

The 2nd issue is the bicycle bell sound which rings on bicycles on occasion. For some reason this can hang up other sound functionality. The bicycle bell sound is removed in a STFU mod at Wicked Tweaks at Crazy Town.
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index...d-july-10-2011/

For me, the problem always seems to start when I get too close to a noisy area of the game. I avoid zooming in beside rabbit hole locations when my sims are at work, because the ambient noise from inside stops the sound. I also had it happen yesterday, when I was zoomed in to a bathroom with a broken shower. The sound of the spraying water got stuck and stayed on even after I'd fixed the shower.

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

The Hunger Site - Click once a day for free to give food to developing countries!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 11:33 AM
Thanks to you all, I installed Nraas Overwatch and the sound is working fine now
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 1:22 AM
I have no sound whatsoever...And I don't know what to do.