Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 6:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Simlogical Prison Mod - Help with making it successful!
Hey all!

I've built and established a prison in my game. All doors, controllers, etc. work just fine. Prisoners and guards go where they should, and don't go where they shouldn't, etc.

So I have no issue with the CC at all.

However! I've scoured the interwebs for more information on how to make it successful!

At the end of everyday around 3 a.m., in game, a Report and Budget window pops up, and I'm apparently running the prison terribly because I get money taken from my budget, rather than added. Inge only mentions a few things in passing, i.e. the warden/ governor needs to have high Charisma, the prison needs to have family friends etc.

I'm wondering if any of you have this CC, and if you've been able to run it successfully to the point where you actually get money from the "state" at the end of every night. If so, can you share your pointers and tips?

Thank you!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzannemariema
Hey all!

I've built and established a prison in my game. All doors, controllers, etc. work just fine. Prisoners and guards go where they should, and don't go where they shouldn't, etc.

So I have no issue with the CC at all.

However! I've scoured the interwebs for more information on how to make it successful!

At the end of everyday around 3 a.m., in game, a Report and Budget window pops up, and I'm apparently running the prison terribly because I get money taken from my budget, rather than added. Inge only mentions a few things in passing, i.e. the warden/ governor needs to have high Charisma, the prison needs to have family friends etc.

I'm wondering if any of you have this CC, and if you've been able to run it successfully to the point where you actually get money from the "state" at the end of every night. If so, can you share your pointers and tips?

Thank you!

I just downloaded that whole Simlogical prison system too, and you're right: the instructions are pretty vague! I plan to futz around with it till I've figured it out. If I find out anything amazing I'll write back!
Instructor
#3 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 11:41 AM
I made a quick research (never used the hack myself) and all the guides/tutorial are gone since they were hosted at Simslogical forum.
However, I found a thread here on MTS it might be helpful:
http://modthesims.info/t/433662
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 7:15 PM
The instructions are still there where they always were (http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...0your%20prison). As mentioned above though, it is rather vague.

What would be helpful in addition to good tutorials/guides would be downloadable starter prison or school lots deliberately designed to be used with Simlogical's institutional mods. A simple layout that can help new players get started until they learn how the mods work and can build their own lots.