Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 11:03 AM
Well that's good, then you know what you need to stop doing.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 12:51 PM
I saw that video for TS3 and noticed it wasn't exacly like my games with all of the collection installed and the empty towns as I use custom worlds that get populated slowly over time.I'm also playing very heavily Modded and can play it rotationally like TS2.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 2:17 PM
Well this isn't about sims 3 beta but I remember seeing TS2 sims having separate fingers in the trailer. Actually, it was this moment precisely: https://youtu.be/NkxO2hrQFWA?t=10

And when I got the game, no separate fingers! But then years later when I got a laptop, they finally got their fingers which I think was due to a better graphics card.

Hhm, someone has made a vid of all the trailers starting from sims 1 base game till sims 4. It is nearly 1,5h long. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCJfst8H4b0

Can't say I have played all of them cos I never cared for stuff packs. Maybe we have a few true fans here :D
Mad Poster
#29 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
A couple more-

The second image was actually rendered in Maya, so it wasn't really a screenshot- but more like a piece of concept art.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:50 PM
Of course, it wouldn't have made much sense for that to have been an in-engine screenshot. Especially for an unfinished game engine, and especially in 2008. If it walks and talks like a render, it's probably a render.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#31 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:14 AM
For some reason I ended up on the official sims 3 webpage.

Anyone recognise that screenshot? https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-3 (scroll down)

By now you would think they had enough actual game footage to put on their page.

edit: Oh god how did I end up on their Instagram? You will cringe
Mad Poster
#32 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:26 PM
The page header is a promotional render, I think they outsource their promo material so it was probably done by another studio. The first "screenshot" on the picture slider is a pre-release render depicting an early version of Sunset Valley.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#33 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:28 AM
Fun fact: Clothing stores were planned, but didn't manage to end up in the final release.
Site Helper
#34 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:12 AM
But remember the clothing stores in Sims2 where you click to go to the clothing store, wait through the (non-interactive) loading screen for 10 minutes while the lot loads, send your sim to the lot to buy the clothing (oh, don't forget another loading screen if the clothing store is not in the same sub-hood or base neighborhood as the lot you are living in.) then go back home where despite your sim's motives all having been dropped by the trip they arrive back home with no time having passed at home. (And remember: more loading screens to go back home.) This means that you basically spend about half an hour or more of real time to essentially render your sim useless for the rest of the day just to get a change of clothes. This was not popular. I can easily understand why they left them out.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#35 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
But remember the clothing stores in Sims2 where you click to go to the clothing store, wait through the (non-interactive) loading screen for 10 minutes while the lot loads, send your sim to the lot to buy the clothing (oh, don't forget another loading screen if the clothing store is not in the same sub-hood or base neighborhood as the lot you are living in.) then go back home where despite your sim's motives all having been dropped by the trip they arrive back home with no time having passed at home. (And remember: more loading screens to go back home.) This means that you basically spend about half an hour or more of real time to essentially render your sim useless for the rest of the day just to get a change of clothes. This was not popular. I can easily understand why they left them out.

Yes, but.....none of that would happen in TS3. Clothing stores or not.

insert signature here
Site Helper
#36 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:34 PM
"Didn't make the final cut"

As in "Why are you wasting time adding clothing stores when you know that nobody likes them? " I can still think of at least 3 mods that allowed a sim to get new clothes without having to go shopping, which means that back then there was probably more than that. EA does pay attention. They may learn the wrong lesson from it, but they do notice.

I also remember that there was a video of someone running around the open neighborhood before breakfast that had a few people (including me) commenting that they hoped this was not just an example of weird routing... Even then we had learned that EA is really good at making something sound much more promising than it turns out to be. Open neighborhoods still had to prove themselves.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#37 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:51 PM
Nobody likes them? I don't know about that. It added a lot to TS2 in my opinion, and it's a thing that I really miss in TS3. I don't like the idea of free clothes for everyone and being able to switch between outfits anytime, anywhere.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#38 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 5:10 PM
Or do you just miss the questionable dressing booths?

I didn't care for clothes shopping other than having H&M store to run for my sims. It was good fun.
Instructor
#39 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls

I noticed that camera instantly the very first time I ventured onto a community lot in TS2.
I immediately set about editing all of the clothing stores and switched that booth out for the more expensive (but camera-free) one. Kill that booth with fire!

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#40 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 5:10 PM

Hahaha what the fuck?

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 10:54 PM

I didn't care for clothes shopping other than having H&M store to run for my sims. It was good fun.

At the time I didn't think nothing of those booths, but now
Field Researcher
#43 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 10:01 PM
Returning to the topic...
Sims 3 beta UI.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=606816
Test Subject
#44 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 2:30 PM
Aah! The memories! <3 I'm with everyone, I LOVE that lighting
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Fun fact: Clothing stores were planned, but didn't manage to end up in the final release.

I kinda like that idea... buy everything at a store. I like to start out my sims with no money at all and I used the SN wolfman rags and torn up tennis shoes.
Why is it that I can buy a jet pack in the present? Should only be available in the future, for example.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:59 PM
Agreed, that was one of the big disappointments of TNG for me. Why can you buy all the future stuff in the present? I'd have liked to see them either ridiculously overpriced when in the present or locked behind a cheat like buyDebug. Which reminds me, why can you only have department stores in the future? I like the Galleria thing or whatever it's called but there's too many damn holograms.

Maybe all the gameplay-related thingies from the Store can be used to put together some sort of department store that isn't futuristic-looking as hell. AroundTheSims probably has me beat to the idea of reskinning those rugs and whatnot. I could have one of those big busy 80s malls if I really wanted.

....you know what, I think that's the best goddamn idea I've had all month. Will post results.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#47 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Why is it that I can buy a jet pack in the present? Should only be available in the future, for example.

Because Jet pack's aren't a "future tech". They've existed since 1919.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#48 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:25 PM
These ones haven't. You get that, right?

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#49 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:30 PM
Not sure what you mean. The concept and technologies utilized in jet packs have existed for a long time? Unless Sims have managed to create a jet pack out of cotton candy and farts.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#50 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 9:29 AM
Not sure what YOU mean. Just because some scientists managed to put together a jetpack in 1919 doesn't mean that you can buy one from a catalog, let alone fly around with it in public.

And clearly they HAVE managed to make it run on cotton candy and farts because I'm not hearing the deafening screech of a turbine. Turbines also don't produce goofy-looking blue bubbles.

insert signature here
Page 2 of 4