Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 4:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default ReShade with Sims 3
I'm not good at English
I'm considering using ReShade with Sims 3.

Is it possible to use it even if you introduce a lot of Mod & CC?

I understood the installation method, but I do not know clearly how to uninstall.

It seems to delete the file manually, but does anyone know the detailed method?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 3:18 PM
Default ReShade3.0 or 2.0
Does ReShade 3.x work with Sims3?
Does it work only with ReShade 2.0?

http://modthesims.info/d/584854#infobox
http://alverdinesims.tumblr.com/pos...cts-for-ts3-ts4

According to the explanation, 2.0 is recommended, but is there someone using ReShade 3.x?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 4:19 PM
If you're going to use my shaders, I recommend the better one. It doesn't require any kind of fancy setup, and it doesn't require you to run a dated version of some tool you didn't want to use in the first place. You just drop a bunch of files in your game folder and off it goes.

And for the record, I primarily use 2 but have messed around with 3. 2's more straightforward, but 3's a little more versatile.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
If you're going to use my shaders, I recommend the better one. It doesn't require any kind of fancy setup, and it doesn't require you to run a dated version of some tool you didn't want to use in the first place. You just drop a bunch of files in your game folder and off it goes.

And for the record, I primarily use 2 but have messed around with 3. 2's more straightforward, but 3's a little more versatile.

Thank you for your good advice
Alchemist
#5 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 10:16 PM
To prevent the game from loading Reshade, just remove the d3d9 (.dll, .log, .ini) and d3d11 (.dll) files from your TS3 folder (the Bin one).

I do recommend taking a look at what shaders are actually used (the ones that are ticked), and removing the ones you don't use (delete them from the Shaders folder, but keep a backup of the Reshade install somewhere else as well). It speeds up rendering time a lot. Though I personally don't leave it on all the time, I only turn it on for taking screenshots, otherwise my graphic card heats up too much. And, of course, make sure to switch to Performance Mode when you're done configuring your settings.

Oh, and if you want to use depth of field, make sure you disable TS3's "Edge Smoothing" option (set it to Off); it won't work otherwise

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
To prevent the game from loading Reshade, just remove the d3d9 (.dll, .log, .ini) and d3d11 (.dll) files from your TS3 folder (the Bin one).

I do recommend taking a look at what shaders are actually used (the ones that are ticked), and removing the ones you don't use (delete them from the Shaders folder, but keep a backup of the Reshade install somewhere else as well). It speeds up rendering time a lot. Though I personally don't leave it on all the time, I only turn it on for taking screenshots, otherwise my graphic card heats up too much. And, of course, make sure to switch to Performance Mode when you're done configuring your settings.

Oh, and if you want to use depth of field, make sure you disable TS3's "Edge Smoothing" option (set it to Off); it won't work otherwise

That is very useful information.
Because Sims 3 uses a lot of Mod & CC, I was worried about loading.
Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 6:11 AM
I haven't tried ReShade yet in Sims 3, but I tried it with Sims 4.

ReShade 3.x version.
It works
Screenshots