Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 2:10 AM
holographic plant?!
Hey!!!!
"basically" I have the same question: http://modthesims.info/t/516265
How to create the same effect of holographic plant(into The Future)? I have no idea where to start ...
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 1:53 PM
If it was just the painting, you could just do it the same way like most paintings are made. Just add that holographic effect in it though, else it will be lost.

Plants, it's more difficult to do if you have nooo idea where to start!

First things first, The object that makes the plant holographic isn't combined together like normal plants.

So these are the names that I found through S3OC:

(standards)

holographicPlant1x1
holographicPlant2x2

(holo plants)

holographicPlantBamboo
holographicPlantBamboo2x2
holographicPlantBanana2x2
holographicPlantleaves
holographicPlantpalm
holographicPlantpalm2x2
holographicPlantplanter2x1
holographicPlantVase

(shader)

Shader: 0x5AF16731 (Additive)

The shader I added is basically the shader the holograpic plants are using NOT the standards! It's is possible to make a holographic plant combined to the standard, but I suppose it won't have this 'turn on/off' interaction and other interactions anymore, but a grey plant. If you know how to script, it might be a challenge but I suppose it's possible to somehow link a new plant the way EA linked the others. IF you want to do it the same way EA did, seperated.

So it's not the easiest thing to edit, unlike the holographic paintings. But it is possible.