Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 2:37 PM
I don'y play Romance and Pleasure Sims often, now i have an even better reason.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 5:19 PM
Kind of an OT question, but how do some of you, decide if a married couple divorces or not? I usually have a couple divorce, if they fight a lot after an affair. However, I had couples who don't fight, and want to fall back in love. For those couples I keep together, despite knowing another affair is bound to happen.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Theorist
#28 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Kind of an OT question, but how do some of you, decide if a married couple divorces or not? I usually have a couple divorce, if they fight a lot after an affair. However, I had couples who don't fight, and want to fall back in love. For those couples I keep together, despite knowing another affair is bound to happen.

Depending on many factors; the character, aspiration and wishes of the Sims involved, the reason(s) for a possible divorce, the nature of their relationship until then, economic and social factors, roleplay and story aspects, presence of children, age of children, nature of family life...
It's pretty much a case-by-case basis depending on what's "in-character" and makes sense for the Sims involved.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 7:10 PM
Rosebine, do you not have any romance or pleasure sims? Three first dates? Three woohoos? Yeah, some of my sims roll wants to interact romantically with non-spouses specifically as well, even those who don't have those aspirations. Maybe they haven't been interacting positively with their spouse, maybe they just met a 3-bolter . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#30 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 7:36 PM
No Sunbee, I do not. I am one of those weird simmers who do not like the personality of Romance sims, or Pleasure ones. Much too typically exaggerated for my taste. Pleasure sims, I'll have a few at times, but Romance, never. Now I know which wants you were refering too though, and if ever one of my married/in couple sim roll one, I ignore it, as I do not agree with this

Theorist
#31 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
No Sunbee, I do not. I am one of those weird simmers who do not like the personality of Romance sims, or Pleasure ones. Much too typically exaggerated for my taste. Pleasure sims, I'll have a few at times, but Romance, never. Now I know which wants you were refering too though, and if ever one of my married/in couple sim roll one, I ignore it, as I do not agree with this

I agree as far as Pleasure Sims are concerned, I never have them. I don't like going on community lots too much (a lot of the time my Sims even have their dates at home) so their wants and LTW tend to be annoying.useless. And even those that aren't related to outings; "Why do you want to juggle again?" "What would you gain from randomly changing into your pajamas(or is it underwear)?"
At least Romance Sims can be useful, to me, by introducing drama, but Pleasure Sims....eh.... they useless and no fun (to me)
Scholar
#32 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 8:25 PM

With Ajay and Bella Loner, it was the first Sims2 household I ever played, and I just wanted to see how break-up worked. With Chloe Singles and her husband, he was so heart-broken when he got home from work and caught her with another man that I just couldn't imagine him wanting to continue the relationship, especially as there were no children to consider. With the other couple, the husband just kept bringing Michelle Tse home from work, day after day after day, until I got sick of it and decided he might as well go live with her (although technically he never divorced Nathalie, as the neighbourhood rules didn't allow it; he just lived in sin with Michelle).
Forum Resident
#33 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 2:56 PM

I allow my Sims to decide how they want to live; there is so much in playing with freewill on. There is a couple in my game who have decided that an open relationship works for them. In one of my other legacy neighborhoods there was a couple who fought so much it was necessary for one of them to move out. The separation actually gave them the space they needed to mend their relationship and fall back in love.

No Sunbee, I do not. I am one of those weird simmers who do not like the personality of Romance Sims, or Pleasure ones. Much too typically exaggerated for my taste. Pleasure Sims, I'll have a few at times, but Romance, never. Now I know which wants you were referring too though, and if ever one of my married/in couple Sim roll one, I ignore it, as I do not agree with this

I’ve never played any of the games characters; personally I find them to be almost predisposed to behave in a certain way. I enjoy creating my own Sims (playable and townies). CAS is limited in how much you can tweak a Sims personality, so I use Sim Blender or Merola’s Multi-Painting to further tweak their personality traits. I create characters against type like Romance/Family Sims who are shy, serious and a bit grumpy. I love Sims with varying degrees of contrast. I think Pleasure/Popular Sims because make the best friends and business owners; and depending on their astrological sign and personality traits they are loyal after they get married. I enjoy mixing things up against type so I get a good mix of unique characters.

I love that some of my Sims just want to chill at home in their PJ’s. When they roll wants to buy new clothes I have them buy pajamas or lingerie. Soft music in the bathroom, candle lit bubble bath (I drain their hygiene so they stay in the bath longer). If it’s a couple have a champagne toast … there is so much that can be done to play to their wants.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 2:59 PM
By that I meant, I never give these Aspirations to any of my sims. I too create my own playables and townies.
Maybe one day I'll try again to have romance or pleasure sims more...maybe after I train them good, they'd behave better.

Theorist
#35 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 10:53 PM
I am wondering if all of you who have/had cheating sims use ACR? or maybe you just let them do it?

I use ACR as a way of allowing my sims full autonomy over their lives more than I use it so my sims can cheat on one another.

Honestly, the fact that I can do personalized settings per sim and on the overall neighborhood should I choose to, really is a big selling point for using it. In my game, ACR has produced just as many faithful sims as it has cheaters, and very few unplanned pregnancies...unlike some of the baby mania horror stories other players mention periodically.

My sims get to decide. They all have full autonomy all the time. So, when they start to show signs of constantly arguing, poking at one another, fighting, rolling romantic wants for other sims often, serial cheating and/or ignoring their spouse...it is usually time for them to move on from one another.

A big positive I have found in miserable sim couples splitting up, is that sometimes at least one of them goes on to have a more fulfilling life, whether alone or with someone else.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#36 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Monique has a child support hack. I got it and haven't used it yet, because no one has divorced. XD
I love your reason for never using your child support hack! :lovestruc I've got a Life Insurance hack that pays out when an adult or younger Sim dies, but of course I've never used it because no-one has ever died!

Florentzina, I love your threads. They are invariably thought provoking. When I don't reply it's usually because I feel my playstyle is so different from yours that I feel my ideas would be of little use to you. However in this case you've asked what I would do if my Sims did get divorced. So I'll try to answer.

My game has a bit of a utopian tinge. Life for my Sims is far from perfect, but I like to think it's a little better than Real Life. No one has yet got divorced in my game, The nearest was Hermia Capp breaking up with Puck, but (1) they're both still teenagers, and (2) they're back together again. But if divorce ever does happen. . .

If there are no children then it's really up to the couple. If they really think they don't belong together, them they can divorce and come to whatever arrangements suit them. One will probably just move out, and they will go their separate ways.

But if there are children, then the wellbeing of the children must be paramount. I would prefer, if possible, that they try to stay together at least until the youngest child is a teenager. (With my Aging-off playstyle, that could be a long time.) If, however, family life has really become intolerable (and by that I probably mean intolerable for the children), then I suppose divorce (or at least separation) becomes the least bad option. Child custody will be decided on what I consider the best interests of the child. The child's own preference will be an important consideration, but not the only one. I would normally allow both parents access, unless such access could be seen as a danger to the child.

Child Support: I would normally expect the richer of the couple to pay the lion's share of the cost of keeping the child, even if he/she does not have primary custody. However I am not really a fan of the "no fault" divorce. Sometimes it is clear that one party is very much at fault (Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant?), and in such a case I feel its just wrong if the innocent party is penalised financially when they have already suffered the loss of a relationship that was important to them. Again the interest of the children has to come first, but I'd be tempted to award custody to the innocent party, unless the children have a very strong preference the other way.

In my experience Sim teens are just as capable of running a household as adults, save for their inability to earn adult salaries. In a divorce I would allow teens to leave home and set up on their own, especially if the relationship with their parents appeared irretrievably broken, and I would expect these parents to continue to support these teens financially. I could also envisage a situation where custody of younger children might be awarded to an older teenage sibling, if that really seemed in the best interest of the children.

All told, I think divorce tends to be messy and unpleasant and I hope my Sims can continue to avoid it. On the other hand, no spouse should be forced to remain in an abusive relationship, and, come to think of it, neither should any child.

I suppose I see the matter in The Sims much as I see it in Real Life, and maybe I see the game as a sort of "safe place" where we might feel our way towards something slightly better.

[EDIT] Well, I got a disagree on this post when it had been up for less than a minute. Not enough time to read it I would have thought! Please tell me what you disagree with.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 3:49 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 7th Feb 2018 at 4:20 PM.
Andrew Gloria.
(Not the one disliked btw). Well, I wouldn't call my play-style for the opposite such Dystopian, I just have never never been a big fan of where everything in game is perfect, an ever happy ending or better than reality, So I often favor realism to the extent the game allows it. Some of these real life inspired scenarios I'm not so familiar with in real life, so that's one reason why I often make threads related to.

For some reason, It feels like people don't like these threads because they think the player support in real life such as abuse, abortion, deaths, slavery etc, but I don't really get any pleasure of it, Just the type of stories it can give eachs family's life.

Two of my divorced families hooked up and has both SIX children each (all are now teens so I don't think I need to bother the child custudy as they are techically treated as young adults in my hood due to it's historical theme), but big families like these always make me puzzled with the decision. IRONICALLY, the random fates had its turn again, killing some of of the divorced sims (one were a sim who found a new lover ), so the teen children would probably take care of their younger siblings instead of child custody.

BTW, the randomness I use is inspired by a ROS challenge and one of the rolls looks like this (which I've modified), using random.org and roll once per rotation, then I edit their relationships with Simblender:

EDIT: It was the Medieval Charter Challenge I found this ROS on, which I've modified and added more rolls to.

2) Family 1-8
1 Share the love - adopt a child
(Use a child from the other families who are an orphan, illegitimate or simply unwanted, ie too poor/big family to take care of. Use Sim-blender to flag this child as cousin/aunt/uncle with the new family.)
2 A distant impoverished relative moves in. Make a new Sim in CAS and move in to household. Make new Sim a relative using Sim Blender.
3 Wedding - Pick a Sim in the household who is not married already and have he or she invite over the Sim they know
with highest LT relationship, and marry on the spot. Re-roll if no single Sims in the household. Use Sim Blender and ACR to enact scenario.
4 Broken Betrothal - an Sim in the household gets dumped/divorced by the fiance. The fiance must pay up 50% of the intended dowry or bride price to the dumped Sims family (goes to the inventory of the dumped fiance).
(Lower their relationship to zero and use the hacked break up anytime to make them divorced).
5 Abandonment - Wife or husband abandons family permanently. Send to war if husband, send to convent if wife.
Reroll survival 1-6, for War/Military: 3,6 Death (on Duty) 1,2 - Survive 4,5 Injured (Accidents/Disability)
6 Meet Someone New - pick someone the Sim has not yet met or make a new Sim in CAS.
7 Festivities - host a party: birthday, harvest, planting, solstice, etc.
8 Inner Peace - Sim must move to Convent or Monastery for (d6) days and spend 6 consecutive hours in prayer (meditation) each day.
Roll to determine if Sim: Stays in convent or monastery and takes orders (Roll an even number)
Returns home (Roll an odd number)

Roll 4 and 5 ended up rather "popular" roll so in a way I don't really decide who divorce with who, the random.org do it instead. Though... When a sim cheat another spouse, I often have them divorce or separate as well.
Scholar
#38 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:22 PM
How would you deal the money the sims who get kicked out get?

I let the spouse who is leaving take some items. How many and which ones depend on what makes sense for them and the circumstances under which they leave. Usually, they go and live with a friend with a spare bed, or rent a flat, while deciding on a longer-term solution.

How do you decide which kids remain at which parent's house?

The leaving parent takes any child who is under teenage, unless I think it would make sense to do otherwise. For example, when one Sim got a divorce in order to enter a monastery, the children stayed with his ex-wife because the monastery did not consider itself an appropriate place for three mildly rowdy children. (They still visited a lot, and the couple would probably have stayed married had the ex-husband thought that fair on the rest of the family). Also, I don't expect children who dislike one another to stay with the same parent, or any child to stay with a parent they dislike if they like the other one. On one occasion, one child neither parent wanted ended up staying with a different relative altogether, achieved by the leaving parent briefly merging with the relative's family on the way to the flat they were going to rent.

I have yet to have a child dislike both of their parents at the same time, perhaps oddly. If both parents are unsuitable for raising a child due to the effect of the divorce, then the child would enter the orphanage.

Is it worth the hassle of having them (the kids) switch houses?

I don't have the kids switch houses after the initial divorce is done. Then again, I'm not used to playing with teleporters.
Test Subject
#39 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 8:35 PM
Default joint custody mod, and mccommand center
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
Now, I did create a thread regarding historical hoods a year ago, where the women were not allowed to live alone in my game, but I wanted this thread to more GENERAL. The thread: LINK and before making this thread, I didn't saw any general threads regarding this matter (at least not on MTS2), beside very specific ones like the ones linked, so sorry if the thread feels a bit repeated.

In my game, where I use many romance related mods and ACR2, it's very difficult for them to cheat themself when being in a relationship as they keep refusing the other sims interactions, so whether a sim divorce another sim or not usually depends on the random occurrences I added to spice up the scenarios. (Divorce or Abandoning are just one, sometimes its adoptions, sometimes death, debt, lottery etc...) and ended up with a couple of sims.

Some "general" topics:
How would you deal the money the sims who get kicked out get?
Playing with No20Khandouts, I can find its rather annoying as I haven't established personal family funds for my sims such as banks. Their household funds are simply shared, but some families doesn't have any on hands due to various payments I use for my hood (Tuition, Taxes, Penalties, Dowry for weed daughters etc), So I'm not sure how to play this out. Just because you broke up with someone, doesn't mean you end up on the street. Loans feels a bit odd as they need a house first and I don't usually play with apartments. Now, I just have them dumped at a local "temple", technically, it just empty lots with the essentials and hacked objects but I plan to create an actual lots later on - kind of like an Abby/Almshouse/Charity-based lots where sims with problems live temporary and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with them. For people who had read my previous threads, I'm not a big fan of "empty nesters/single sims" as my current hood has 70 households right now.

How do you decide which kids remain at which parent's house?
Since a sim leave the lot when being broken up with, I was more thinking of mods that allow you teleport them to the other sims house. Simmers who play more vanilla, I'm not sure there is a way for the kicked out parent to have custody of a/some of the kids without having him/her move back in again.

Is it worth the hassle of having them (the kids) switch houses?
Where I live, this seems rather common and there was a thread related to this, four years ago : http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ghlight=Divorce

Also, I added "would" in brackets, because some simmers doesn't have this happening very often, but wanted the thread to be more strategic topic regarding this matter..

For finance you can use mc command center, and get a child support payment every Monday. And for custody the kids can go to the other parents house for the weekend or when ever you want to send them. https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...s-away-to-visit
Mad Poster
#40 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 1:07 PM
In Elsewhere the Council moves people about willy nilly and frequently breaks up families just because it can. I try to have the parent who has moved keep up with his children and spouse by calling them frequently. If the parent has the weekends off, he usually will invite one of the children over early in the morning and have him stay all day.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:20 PM
The "offender" leaves the house, kids stay with the "offended" parent in their home. Depending on aspiration and wants, the leaving Sim will call often to talk to the kids, invite them over, give gifts etc, and he/she will also send a check every day. The amount depends on their wealth/finance and career job. If the kids happen to have closer relation with the "offender", and if they often roll wishes related to that parent, when they become teens they move to his/her house.

However, a lot of times, when two Sims who have been together for a very long time break up they then roll wishes to fall in love again with their ex, so in the end they re-marry the same Sim. In other words, much ado about nothing.
Alchemist
#42 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:34 PM
I don't spend a lot of time on realistic drama and have almost no fighting in my game so I rarely bother with marriage or divorce, but relationships end, usually because my ladies are very independent and feel like moving on. Typically children stay with their fathers because the men are less interesting to me as singles and my women need their freedom. Bruce Rauscher, who has had many romantic relationships, ended up raising 7 kids that way, some not his, but left with him when the mom moved on. I don't pay attention to the money at all.
Page 2 of 2