Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:27 PM
Default Let's-Create-A-City-Together community event/contest sort of deal!
Yesterday, brainstorming at my bed at night, I thought of some sort hypothetical telephone-chain game, where I, for instance, could upload a certain template of a neighborhood and the rest of the community fills it up with one building at a home per person. It can be anything: a residential lot, an occupied one with a family/household, an apartment, a commercial. I revise the people's submitted creation before I resend to another volunteer to fill in the world with a lot, and I rinse and repeat. Participants will have to at least have all the expansion packs. It ends, so to speak unofficially, when there is not enough space remaining the plot down any more lots. The Final product/creation of the world is uploaded for everyone to download and enjoy playing.
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:35 PM
While I really like this idea, I think it would be safer to have all the creators create an empty hood, create a lot only (no families and perhaps share the same SC4 template with everyone creating so that their empty worlds are all the same so no placement issues)

Perhaps the original world could have all the empty lots laid out in it, so you know what goes where, and then person 1 could do lots 1-4 and person 2 could do 5-7 or whatever. Or perhaps the world with all the empty lots could be passed out to begin with, and then the creators could just package them up for placement in the main world to begin with.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:53 PM
This exists, in the form of Hood Building Group. This is a group account so everyone who contributes gets credited when uploaded. With the added bonus of having members who understand the importance of clean hoods/lots.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:23 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
This exists, in the form of Hood Building Group. This is a group account so everyone who contributes gets credited when uploaded. With the added bonus of having members who understand the importance of clean hoods/lots.

How do I join it?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:46 PM
What I did with some friends with Cities Skylines was to play a shared save. We all agreed on a set of mods and CC and each played the save for a set time and passed it on. Was interesting to see how others took advantage of things you didn't even think of! Something like that would be good with Sims 2, especially now as many people have the UC so would be playing the same gameversion.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What I did with some friends with Cities Skylines was to play a shared save. We all agreed on a set of mods and CC and each played the save for a set time and passed it on. Was interesting to see how others took advantage of things you didn't even think of! Something like that would be good with Sims 2, especially now as many people have the UC so would be playing the same game version.

A few of us did this with TS2 quite a while back. We played a shared 'hood where everyone had their own household, as I recall. And each person only played their own household.

I would love to do something where a group of 3-5 simmers, or thereabouts, each created two residential lots, a family for each of their lots and a community lot or two which were then all added to the same 'hood. And then each player would take it in turn to play all of the families for a one-day rotation before passing the 'hood on to the next player. I think that it would be really fun to see how others played all of the families! It would require the group to agree on which EP's/SP's/mods/CC would be used, of course, but with a group of players with similar mod preferences it could work quite well, I think.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
While I really like this idea, I think it would be safer to have all the creators create an empty hood, create a lot only (no families and perhaps share the same SC4 template with everyone creating so that their empty worlds are all the same so no placement issues)

Perhaps the original world could have all the empty lots laid out in it, so you know what goes where, and then person 1 could do lots 1-4 and person 2 could do 5-7 or whatever. Or perhaps the world with all the empty lots could be passed out to begin with, and then the creators could just package them up for placement in the main world to begin with.

If I did something like that, I'd definitively do it that way. Assign each lot a number, and let people decide what they want to build on (maybe with the rule to have a mandatory community lot per creator?)

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Link Ninja
#9 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:34 PM
there's a project like this kinda going on in the Garden of Shadows Discord server. It's a no CC hood called Crystal Springs. More info here

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:36 PM
The problem with the Hood Building Group is that Ultimate Collection players can't build ( or that was the case when I asked to join some time ago).

So if anyone would like to start a similar group for UC users, I am in.
Scholar
#11 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:43 PM
i'd love to do this! so how do we start? or can we not?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Theorist
#12 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
The problem with the Hood Building Group is that Ultimate Collection players can't build ( or that was the case when I asked to join some time ago).

So if anyone would like to start a similar group for UC users, I am in.

HBG mostly builds base game compatible by using AGS .UC players were unable to build base game as AGS didn't work for them.

HOWEVER .....

Thanks to Numenor comin back and fixin AGS UC players should now be able to use it and be able to build base game compatible ....
Scholar
#13 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
HBG mostly builds base game compatible by using AGS .UC players were unable to build base game as AGS didn't work for them.

HOWEVER .....

Thanks to Numenor comin back and fixin AGS UC players should now be able to use it and be able to build base game compatible ....

so UC players could join now?

My Tumblr
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#14 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 8:13 PM
I would suggest a UC hood building group. Even with UC AGS it has mansions and gardens.

We could start one of those.
Scholar
#15 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 8:17 PM
please do i think it'd be fun and a great experience.

My Tumblr
Theorist
#16 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:27 PM
Also you probably wouldn't really want a group of more then say 6 or 8 people as the more people you have the harder it would be to keep things clean and able to move it around in an orderly and timely manner.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:32 PM
@SneakyWingPhoenix You should probably start your own group since these people are already use to working together and may not want more people. Doesn't hurt to ask but just remember you may be told no. I would suggest first you upload a lot to the site so that you are a lot creator than once people can view your work you will have more purchase to ask for membership.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:49 PM
If somebody starts a UC group, I will participate - and I would like to use all of UC personally (as said above, even with AGS, you still have to use Mansion&Gardens)

I believe that there are enough UC players to do this myself.
Scholar
#19 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:52 PM
i'd participate and i know quite a few other probably would too.

so is this group getting started?

My Tumblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat

HOWEVER .....

Unfortunately, because of the way the exe is set up in the UC, you can build in base game, yes, but you have to have M&G as well.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@SneakyWingPhoenix You should probably start your own group since these people are already use to working together and may not want more people. Doesn't hurt to ask but just remember you may be told no. I would suggest first you upload a lot to the site so that you are a lot creator than once people can view your work you will have more purchase to ask for membership.

Good idea. Any ideas how should I call it. "Let's Build A Neighborhood Together" ? Actually I might go with that. Turns out to be a great abbreviation as well.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 11:11 PM
Good name. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#23 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 4:02 AM
A UC hood building group is such a great idea
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:29 AM
Created. You can now join.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:30 PM
Joined Thank you, @SneakyWingPhoenix.
Page 1 of 3