Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 7:43 PM
Default Triggering the right animation with RequestState
I'm trying to make an interaction that would allow my sims to pray on an urnstone, and I found a pretty good animation to use for that : when a Sim dies and he kneels and prays the Reaper to let him live.
Although I think I found the class responsible for this behavior (being Sims3.Gameplay.Services.GrimReaperSituation.ReapSoul, by the end of the Run(), where there is an if (RandomUtil.CoinFlip()) else if (RandomUtil.CoinFlip()) else), I just can't get the RequestState to work.
I admit, my interaction being with an object, and ReapSoul being a SocialInteraction, things are a little bit different, but no matter how I manipulate the parameters, my Sim escapes the Interaction before any movement is made.
Any solution ? My dream would be if someone knew how to make a sim perform any interaction from a (supposably massive) list...
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 6:35 PM
You might be missing the actual JAZZ information that the script needs to actually play the animation. There's an entire thread about it right here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments
Scholar
#3 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Armise
I'm trying to make an interaction that would allow my sims to pray on an urnstone, and I found a pretty good animation to use for that : when a Sim dies and he kneels and prays the Reaper to let him live.
Although I think I found the class responsible for this behavior (being Sims3.Gameplay.Services.GrimReaperSituation.ReapSoul, by the end of the Run(), where there is an if (RandomUtil.CoinFlip()) else if (RandomUtil.CoinFlip()) else), I just can't get the RequestState to work.
I admit, my interaction being with an object, and ReapSoul being a SocialInteraction, things are a little bit different, but no matter how I manipulate the parameters, my Sim escapes the Interaction before any movement is made.
Any solution ? My dream would be if someone knew how to make a sim perform any interaction from a (supposably massive) list...

That's actually not that hard to do. Forget about Sims3.Gameplay.Services.GrimReaperSituation.ReapSoul
Do this similar to how you would make a custom animation to an object. Just go to your game install folder and extract the animation for when the sim prays to the grim reaper. It's probably going to be an a2a interaction. Go to blender and make it a2o(import the animation as it is and export it with everything same except a2o)
After that close blender and open it again this time import the a2o animation then import the urnstone object in Blender. Make an animation for the urnstone(it doesn't actually have to animate/move around or anything. This is similar to any object related interaction. There are youtube tutorials on this. Also you might not even have to import the urnstone to be honest or make an animations for it.
After that you need to make a jazz script that utilizes these two animations.
Then make a C# script which adds the interaction to urnstone called pray and then in the interaction class make sure it's calling the jazz.
I know I may have sounded unnecessarily complicated but it's not. You can probably make this mod in a day. You'll just need to know how to make jazz script and how to create custom interactions using C# script mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 6:14 PM
Ok I don't have neither Blender nor Nraas's Returner, and I don't know how any of them work ^^
I never heard of jazz scripts, what is it ?

Lyralei I don't know what they are talking about in that thread, but I don't want an object to do an animation that was not meant for it, I just want a sim to do a sim's animation. I did it before by taking an animation from the Urinal and putting it on the Urnstone, are you sure I need something else this time to put a Reaper animation on the Urnstone ?

Skydome I don't know what animation I need (I don't even know how to find an animation or what an .a2a is supposed to be. How do I find the right animation ? How do I create the jazz script ? Do I have to import the urnstone model in Blender if the only thing moving will be the sim ?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 6:54 PM
The thread basically shows what Jazz scripts are and what they do And how to create them, so to study this carefully could be quite helpful for making an animation yourself. I don't think however that there's a way to do this without skipping the blender part. There's quite a lot of tutorials on how to make poses out there, but in this case it's even easier since you don't need to know Blender's shortcuts or anything at all besides importing and exporting things (Which there are tons of tutorials for too) I'd recommend checking out this series of pose making so you understand what Skydome actually means

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdb...RX75fz5T6Rxm-KT

Nraas is actually not a requirement to have in game though As Skydome mentioned, as long as you know how to make basic interactions for objects, and how to link the jazz script in your C# script basically, you're good to go! We have tutorials on that here if you're not familiar with it: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Object_Modding

Hope that clears it!
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 8:08 PM
Ok I don't have neither Blender nor Nraas's Returner, and I don't know how any of them work ^^
I never heard of jazz scripts, what is it ?

Lyralei I don't know what they are talking about in that thread, but I don't want an object to do an animation that was not meant for it, I just want a sim to do a sim's animation. I did it before by taking an animation from the Urinal and putting it on the Urnstone, are you sure I need something else this time to put a Reaper animation on the Urnstone ?

Skydome I don't know what animation I need (I don't even know how to find an animation or what an .a2a is supposed to be. How do I find the right animation ? How do I create the jazz script ? Do I have to import the urnstone model in Blender if the only thing moving will be the sim ?

Ok don't worry it's fine. How much do you know as of right now? Cause animations and Jazz are quite easy compared to script modding. Quality animations do require a lot of skill but you're not actually going to make an animation but simply reusing an already made one so it's fine. The Jazz will also be a really simple one in this case.
1) First thing you need to learn is how to create a custom interaction with a script mod. Use this tutorial to learn that http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=491875
2)Finding the animation part.
i) The animations are located in the fullbuild packages. There's several of these packages from different expansions. In S3PE they'll appear with the clip tag. I think the beg grim reaper one is a base game animation. Not sure about that. Please make a backup of fullbuild packages or you might lose essential data.
ii)a2a (not .a2a) is the prefix used in adult to adult animation. Similarly c2a means child to adult. a2o means adult to object etc.
iii)Animations usually have a very clear name like a2a_magicWand_castSpellSolo_highSkill_success_x (Which is the animation for casting a successful spell on yourself)

3)Check out the tutorials for Jazz that Lyralei has provided. Jazz Scripts are used for animation, it's like giving the actor of a movie his part of the dialogue and the other actor his and plays them together to make it an animated interaction/Scene.
You should check out some mods that use their own jazz like my adults can pinch cheek mod or Einrei's Vampire mod or Sauzaer's Vampire powers mod.

Since you're new at this take it slow. Don't get overwhelmed. Take it one step at a time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 12:08 AM
I know how to make an interaction between a sim and an urnstone, I know bases of C# and coding, and I know how to browse .dlls with .net Reflector.
I installed Blender, two versions of it, to get all the compatibilities, and I istalled the plugin to import new animations, and imported said animation (which I successfully extracted from fullbuild0.package) into Blender, which successfully play. I turned (renamed ?) it from "a2a_death_refuse_y" to "a2o_urnstone_pray_y".
Now, as a [experienced coder]==[lazyperson], it would be a great pleasure for me to re-use the jazz code already existing for that animation (a famous technique). The only problem is, I can't manage to find the one.
I looked in the original game's JazzData.package, but I can't find the good one. I believe it's between "ingame\sims\soloanims\death\deathdebug", "...\deathreaction", "...\deathrelief", "\deathscythe" and "...\deathtypes.jazz", but I have no idea how to find the good one.
I tried exporting those 5 files from the .package, and opening them in Smooth Jazz Studio, but it doesn't work, because "Invalid character sequence at 20 in (file directory)".
Should I try to recover the original jazz file ? If so, how ? What am I supposed to use to edit my jazz files ?
Scholar
#8 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 5:35 PM
I know how to make an interaction between a sim and an urnstone, I know bases of C# and coding, and I know how to browse .dlls with .net Reflector.
I installed Blender, two versions of it, to get all the compatibilities, and I istalled the plugin to import new animations, and imported said animation (which I successfully extracted from fullbuild0.package) into Blender, which successfully play. I turned (renamed ?) it from "a2a_death_refuse_y" to "a2o_urnstone_pray_y".
Now, as a [experienced coder]==[lazyperson], it would be a great pleasure for me to re-use the jazz code already existing for that animation (a famous technique). The only problem is, I can't manage to find the one.
I looked in the original game's JazzData.package, but I can't find the good one. I believe it's between "ingame\sims\soloanims\death\deathdebug", "...\deathreaction", "...\deathrelief", "\deathscythe" and "...\deathtypes.jazz", but I have no idea how to find the good one.
I tried exporting those 5 files from the .package, and opening them in Smooth Jazz Studio, but it doesn't work, because "Invalid character sequence at 20 in (file directory)".
Should I try to recover the original jazz file ? If so, how ? What am I supposed to use to edit my jazz files ?

Oh very good. You're almost there. You'll have to make a new Jazz for this one since the original one was between two sims. Some animations don't even have a Jazz file. Making a Jazz is easy enough though. Making a Jazz is actually pretty easy , much less complex than Scripting. Oh and Smooth Jazz has a problem where it can't compile characters like ':'. So only keep the last part like this 0x6F790AFD1456923F and not 0x6b20c4f3:0x70000000:0x6F790AFD1456923F You can also directly use the animation name like a2a_slap__x but this is only for adult to adult as a2c or a2o becomes a2a after compiling in smooth Jazz. a_pinch will work but c_bepinched becomes a_bepinched after compiling. I don't why. If this is a problem with Smooth Jazz or the Jazz files themselves.

This is a simple Jazz script from my pinch cheek mod
State Machine "CheekSqueeze"
{
Actor "x"
Actor "y"
Parameter "x:Age" = "adult"
Parameter "y:Age" = "child"
Assign Actor "a_Pinch"."x" as "x"
Assign Actor "c_BePinched"."y" as "y"
State "Enter"
{
Properties Public, Entry
Transitions to "Join"
}
State "Join"
{
Properties Join
Transitions to "Squeeze"
}
State "Squeeze"
{
Properties Public, Synchronized
Transitions to "Exit"
Play "a_Pinch" for "x"
{
Flags AtEnd, BaseClipIsSocial
}
Play 0x8F672E760D9ECCBD for "y"
{
Flags AtEnd, BaseClipIsSocial
}
}
State "Exit"
{
Properties Public, Exit, Explicit
}
}
In your animation you will replace either x or y with Urnstone(Go with x imo and change the suffix in your animation to). And don't use Age parameters.
Another thing you can try(not sure if it'll work) But make a Jazz with only one actor x and no urnstone. In your script mod just make your Sim route near the Urnstone and play their Jazz. I think this might be quicker. If it were me I'd try this first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 6:07 PM Last edited by Armise : 8th Jan 2018 at 7:28 PM.
Here is my code (with damn lines being skipped) :
Code:
State Machine "PrayOnUrnstone"
{
	Actor "x"
	Actor "y"
	Assign Actor "a2o_urnstone_pray_y"."y" as "y"
	State "Enter"
	{
		Properties Public, Entry
		Transitions to "Join"
	}
	State "Join"
	{
		Properties Join
		Transitions to "Pray"
	}
	State "Pray"
	{
		Properties Public
		Transitions to "Exit"
		Play 0x517B7D14366B0CB1 for "y"
		{
			Flags AtEnd
		}
	}
	State "Exit"
	{
	}
}

As I don't know how to try this code, and the name of my animation file being :
S3_6B20C4F3_00000000_517B7D14366B0CB1_a2o_urnstone_pray_y%%+CLIP.animation
, do you think I invoked the animation correctly ?
If so, how do I go to the next part, calling my Jazz from my C# ? I tried this :
Code:
StateMachineClient clien = StateMachineClient.Acquire(base.Actor, "a2o_urnstone_pray_y");
clien.SetActor("y", base.Actor);
clien.EnterState("y", "Enter");
clien.RequestState("y", "Pray");
clien.RequestState("y", "Exit");

...but the interaction crashes and exit on the second line
Scholar
#10 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 7:00 PM
Looks good but remove the actor x. To invoke the Jazz from C# try this

Code:

base.mCurrentStateMachine = StateMachineClient.Acquire(base.Actor, "PrayOnUrnstone", AnimationPriority.kAPDefault);
                    base.StandardEntry();
                    base.BeginCommodityUpdates();

base.mCurrentStateMachine.SetActor("y", base.Actor);

base.mCurrentStateMachine.EnterState("y", "Enter");
                    base.AnimateSim("Pray");
                    base.mCurrentStateMachine.RequestState("y", "Exit");

base.EndCommodityUpdates(true);
                    base.StandardExit();

Or this

Code:
public override bool Run()
    {
        bool succeeded = true;
        base.StandardEntry();
        SocialJigOnePerson jig = null;
        succeeded = UniversityMascot.CreateAndRouteToPerformanceJig(out jig, base.Actor, UniversityMascot.kMascotJigName, UniversityMascot.kMascotJigProdVersion, SocialJigOnePerson.RoutingSlots.SimA);
        this.mPerformerJig = jig;
        if (succeeded)
        {
            base.EnterStateMachine("UniversityMascot", "Enter", "x");
            base.StartStages();
            this.SwitchDancingState();
            succeeded = this.DoLoop(~(ExitReason.Replan | ExitReason.MidRoutePushRequested | ExitReason.ObjectStateChanged | ExitReason.PlayIdle | ExitReason.MaxSkillPointsReached), new InteractionInstance.InsideLoopFunction(this.MascotDanceLoop), base.mCurrentStateMachine, kTimeBetweenDanceMoves);
            base.AnimateSim("Exit");
        }
        base.EndCommodityUpdates(succeeded);
        base.StandardExit();
        return succeeded;
    }

This is from the University Mascot dance

Check out some of the EA interactions to get a better idea on how to do that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:36 PM Last edited by Armise : 8th Jan 2018 at 10:43 PM.
I tried your code and the interaction crashed, so I used my magic technique to test which line was not working :
Code:
StyledNotification.Show(new StyledNotification.Format("Checkpoint 1", StyledNotification.NotificationStyle.kGameMessagePositive));
                base.mCurrentStateMachine = StateMachineClient.Acquire(base.Actor, "PrayOnUrnstone", AnimationPriority.kAPDefault);
                StyledNotification.Show(new StyledNotification.Format("Checkpoint 2", StyledNotification.NotificationStyle.kGameMessagePositive));
                base.StandardEntry();
                StyledNotification.Show(new StyledNotification.Format("Checkpoint 3", StyledNotification.NotificationStyle.kGameMessagePositive));
                StyledNotification.Show(new StyledNotification.Format("Checkpoint 4", StyledNotification.NotificationStyle.kGameMessagePositive));
                base.mCurrentStateMachine.SetActor("y", base.Actor);
                StyledNotification.Show(new StyledNotification.Format("Checkpoint 5", StyledNotification.NotificationStyle.kGameMessagePositive));
                base.mCurrentStateMachine.EnterState("y", "Enter");
                StyledNotification.Show(new StyledNotification.Format("Checkpoint 6", StyledNotification.NotificationStyle.kGameMessagePositive));
...and so on

...and as usual it was the SetActor line that was crashing the interaction. I believe there is a problem in my Jazz, but as I can't open vanilla Jazz with Smooth Jazz Studio, I can't take example on EA :'( . I have two guesses :
- either the "a2o_" is a wrong idea cause the object here, the urnstone, is not supposed to move, then use a simple "a_" using Blender, but I guess some of the .jazz will be modified and I don't know how
- or using "y" with no "x" is a heresy, better use only "x" (one of your advice), which is more simple to test/solve.
- or the links between the files inside my .package are not correctly set, especially links to the .animation and the .jazz, but if you say it's correct I don't know what to change :'(
Going to test then report here. My guess is that the two first options are true, but if you have any idea...

EDIT :
I used blender to convert the animation from a2o_urnstone_pray_y to a_urnstone_pray_x, and changed all the "x" to "y" in the jazz file, also changed the 0x reference and the name of the animation. Changed "x" to "y" in the C# code. Not working, the error is at the same point.
I looked for any existing object that would make the sim walk towards it and do an animation not involving the geometry of teh object itself, and I found 3 : the Mirror, the Sculptures, and the Aromainator (a lifetime reward). The first one, ans very generic, were a horrible coding to decypher. I took the third one in Reflector and looked at the Meditate interaction : the code used is exactly the one you advised me (except they put the three first lines in another method : exacltly the same), undermining my guess that the issue comes either from the Jazz or from the animation.
Scholar
#12 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:14 PM
Yea I think a_ would do the trick. At first I thought you would make an animation for the urn as well like an empty animation that won't really animate but would have the time length = to the animation of the human. So there would be a pray actor x and an urnstone actor. But the way you're attempting it also seems correct imo.

But why are you not able to open the vanilla Jazz files. Open Smooth Jazz and then directly open the Jazz file from the Jazzdata.package. Don't extract it as file. Directly open from the package.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 3:35 PM
Thank you, I never would have the idea to do that ! I found the Jazz matching the Aromainator animation/interaction, and I have the corresponding C# code (from Reflector), I'm trying to rewrite both my C# and my Jazz based on what I see, and there is something I can't figure : my interaction file is called :
"S3_6B20C4F3_00000000_3885EB5F1743985D_a_urnstone_pray_x%%+CLIP.animation"
Are you positive that I should write
Code:
Assign Actor "a_urnstone_pray_x"."x" as "x"

in the beginning of my Jazz, then
Code:
Play 0x3885EB5F1743985D for "x"

in one of the States ? I mean, as I don't understand it, could you confirm it's the correct syntax ?
Scholar
#14 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 4:02 PM
Thank you, I never would have the idea to do that ! I found the Jazz matching the Aromainator animation/interaction, and I have the corresponding C# code (from Reflector), I'm trying to rewrite both my C# and my Jazz based on what I see, and there is something I can't figure : my interaction file is called :
"S3_6B20C4F3_00000000_3885EB5F1743985D_a_urnstone_pray_x%%+CLIP.animation"
Are you positive that I should write
Code:

in the beginning of my Jazz, then
Code:

in one of the States ? I mean, as I don't understand it, could you confirm it's the correct syntax ?

Code:

This is correct!
Code:

This is also correct
Code:
Play "a_urnstone_pray_x" for "x"

And this is also correct. But this can be done only for adult animation.
If your animation was a child one c_urnstone_x for x would become a_urnstone_x for x whenever you save it to package but for adult either method works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 4:25 PM
That doesn't work, and the error is still on the same place > .
The interaction crashes whenever I try to set an actor. See :
Code:
                base.StandardEntry();
                StyledNotification.Show(new StyledNotification.Format("Checkpoint 2", StyledNotification.NotificationStyle.kGameMessagePositive));
                StyledNotification.Show(new StyledNotification.Format("Checkpoint 3", StyledNotification.NotificationStyle.kGameMessagePositive));
                StyledNotification.Show(new StyledNotification.Format("Checkpoint 4", StyledNotification.NotificationStyle.kGameMessagePositive));
                base.mCurrentStateMachine.SetActor("x", base.Actor);
                StyledNotification.Show(new StyledNotification.Format("Checkpoint 5", StyledNotification.NotificationStyle.kGameMessagePositive));
                base.mCurrentStateMachine.EnterState("x", "Enter");

The sim (obviously) doesn't make a move, the interaction disappears, and the last thing the top-righ corner returns me is "Checkpoint 4". I don't understand.
Scholar
#16 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 4:58 PM
Hmm ok try this, Create a solo interaction for the sim and see if this Jazz is working. The sim should just play their animation. Try this and see if it works. If this works then I'll know what the problem is. I feel like not making an animation for the urnstone is the problem since the interaction is between the sim and the object both of them need to be involved. I may be wrong. But I think you should check and see if the Jazz is working or not with a solo interaction.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 6:04 PM
I don't think that's the issue, cause Aromainator, however using an object interaction, uses "a_aromainator_meditate.ma" for animation. But I'll try that.
Scholar
#18 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 6:13 PM
I don't think that's the issue, cause Aromainator, however using an object interaction, uses "a_aromainator_meditate.ma" for animation. But I'll try that.

Then maybe it is the Jazz :/ I'll check the arominator interaction and Jazz.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 7:33 PM
Tried the solo interaction, still crashes at the same point (checkpoint 3)
http://prntscr.com/hy6s5z
Scholar
#20 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 8:31 PM
Tried the solo interaction, still crashes at the same point (checkpoint 3)
http://prntscr.com/hy6s5z

Ok can you upload your Jazz and animation? I'll see if I can get it to work. Tomorrow, it's 2 am here right now!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Ok can you upload your Jazz and animation? I'll see if I can get it to work. Tomorrow, it's 2 am here right now!!

Zip File Mediafire
Here are my files, from 5 time zones away x)
It contains the three versions of the animation : the original a2a_, and the converted a2o_ and a_. I added the old version of my Jazz, if it is of any help...
Scholar
#22 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:31 PM
Downloaded them. I'll check it out soon
Scholar
#23 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 1:04 PM
Change your Jazz script to this and see

Code:
State Machine "PrayOnUrnstone"
{
	Properties Default
	Actor "x"
	State "Enter"
	{
		Properties Public, Entry, Explicit
		Transitions to "Pray"
	}
	State "Exit"
	{
	}
	State "Pray"
	{
		Properties Public, Explicit
		Transitions to "Exit"
		Play "a_urnstone_pray_x" for "x"
	}
} 

And change the run() in your solo interaction to this.

Code:
public override bool Run()
            {
                Definition interactionDefinition = base.InteractionDefinition as Definition;
                Sim actor = base.Actor;
                Sim target = base.Target;
                //bool flag = false;

if ((base.mCurrentStateMachine != null))
                {
                    base.StandardEntry();

//base.AnimateSim("Pray");
                    base.mCurrentStateMachine.RequestState("x", "Exit");

base.StandardExit();

}
                if ((base.mCurrentStateMachine != null))
                {
                    base.StandardEntry();

base.AnimateSim("Pray");
                    base.mCurrentStateMachine.RequestState("x", "Exit");

base.StandardExit();

}

base.StandardEntry();

base.StartSocialContext();
                base.AcquireStateMachine("PrayOnUrnstone");

base.SetActor("x", base.Actor);

base.EnterSim("Enter");
                base.AnimateSim("Pray");
                base.AnimateSim("Exit");

base.StandardExit();
                base.WaitForSyncComplete();
                //Simulator.Sleep(50);

return true;
            }

This should play the animation 3 times with 3 different jazz implementation. I did it this way when I was testing out a custom animation I made.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 7:37 PM
In the Run, I changed the "public" flag to "protected", as Visual C# advised me.
The interaction doesn't work more than before I'll try and place some checkpoints to see where the issue is, but I bet it's the SetActor, as usual...
Scholar
#25 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 7:58 PM
In the Run, I changed the "public" flag to "protected", as Visual C# advised me.
The interaction doesn't work more than before I'll try and place some checkpoints to see where the issue is, but I bet it's the SetActor, as usual...

You should use the unprotected DLLs. Visual studio will allow you to use public flag then. I have tried this method before with a custom animation and it was working.
I don't think it's the set actor to be honest. You have placed all the resources right? The jazz and animation in your package file? I once forgot to do that and was getting soo frustrated over it lol.
Use cmomoney's animation player to see if the animation is playing correctly.
Page 1 of 2