Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 3:56 PM
It was back in 2002 when I was first introduced to The Sims series. I was over my cousins' house with my mom and sister (Technically, they were my second cousins since my dad and their dad were cousins, but who cares?).

As usual, we were playing with our cousins as both of our moms were talking. At one point, she mentions to my mom about this new game on the PC, The Sims, and said that my mom would enjoy. So, my mom tried it out as we watch a bit.

The experience of that first playthrough was hilarious. My mom made herself, my father, me, and my younger sister and we lived in the Newbie's house. The first few days went by fine, the dad had a job to make money, the kids went to school and what not. One day, the stove catches on fire and chaos erupted. Since we didn't have a fire alarm, we had to call the fire department on the phone (which was accidentally placed outside for whatever reason) and the mom ended up dying in the fire.

It was such an enjoyable time for us that my my mom ended up buying the Deluxe edition (with the base game and Livin' Large). Since than, we owned every EP and SP for the first two Sims games, a few of The Sims 3, as well as Bustin' Out (Gamecube), and The Sims console version (Playstation). Even though we rarely play the series much anymore, my mom, sister, and myself still love the franchise.
Page 4 of 4