Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 1:12 AM
Default Island Paradise + Sunset Valley?
Hello!

I wanna play Sunset Valley and add houseboats. Just curious, how restricted are the houseboats in Sunset Valley? Can they get from that beach to the other one?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 5:31 AM
There is an updated version of Sunset Valley that looks promising for that.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...n-available-now

I think I have it (so many worlds, so little time!) but I haven't tried it yet. Not really a fan of Sunset Valley.

This is a tutorial and it does ride away a bit. Can't really say how flexible they would be with the original SV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGKXGDd44A0
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 7:53 AM
I've just tried a water-routing test. I know this isn't precisely what the OP asked, but it doesn't bode well. My Sim-sister Janet can "boat here" from the main (Old Pier) beach to the beach just below the Wolffs' house. But for any action that involves boating at the beach further around the north side of that outcropping, the boat doesn't take her. Rather, for "boat here" she returns by boat from the Wolff's beach to Old Pier beach, hails a taxi to the north end of town, runs down to the north beach, and then gets into a new boat there.

Then, if I ask her to "boat here" back to the Wolffs' place, it's the same in reverse: she lands on the same (north) beach from which she embarked, runs to the road, hails a cab, rides to Old Pier beach, and from there, she boats to the Wolff's beach. So, I suspect that there is some line there across which a boat doesn't route. That's all I've explored of it, though.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
There is an updated version of Sunset Valley that looks promising for that.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...n-available-now

It requires all EP's and he made the town kind of ugly-ish .. idk

Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
I've just tried a water-routing test. I know this isn't precisely what the OP asked, but it doesn't bode well. My Sim-sister Janet can "boat here" from the main (Old Pier) beach to the beach just below the Wolffs' house. But for any action that involves boating at the beach further around the north side of that outcropping, the boat doesn't take her. Rather, for "boat here" she returns by boat from the Wolff's beach to Old Pier beach, hails a taxi to the north end of town, runs down to the north beach, and then gets into a new boat there.

Then, if I ask her to "boat here" back to the Wolffs' place, it's the same in reverse: she lands on the same (north) beach from which she embarked, runs to the road, hails a cab, rides to Old Pier beach, and from there, she boats to the Wolff's beach. So, I suspect that there is some line there across which a boat doesn't route. That's all I've explored of it, though.

Thank you. This was actually info I was looking for