Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I did not even know you can die by shark! Time for me to visit IP.

I still don't know why you can't use kungfu skill to beat up mummies.

You can use that skill, in fact it's necessary. My fully athletically skilled sim loses her fights against them so I think being a skilled martial artist is a necessity to beat them. They just don't use martial arts when they fight them, which I think comes down to laziness in development.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jo-Anne
You can use that skill, in fact it's necessary. My fully athletically skilled sim loses her fights against them so I think being a skilled martial artist is a necessity to beat them. They just don't use martial arts when they fight them, which I think comes down to laziness in development.

Yeah, I've always hated how they use the regular "Fight" animations. But the martial arts skill is supposed to increase your chances of winning the battle--which is why I brought up AwesomeMod previously, since it fixes the skills to actually work.

I think the reason the developers chose the lazy route was because they didn't want to animate fights where one sim knows martial arts and their opponent doesn't.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Page 2 of 2