Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 11:44 PM
Is it possible to make an npc-run resort?
Possibly a stupid question, but I don't have much experience with IP's resort system and a quick google search didn't seem to yield any answers. I was wondering if it's possible to make a resort but make it run by an npc instead of a sim? Because I want to make a nice resort for my sims but I don't want to have to go through all the trouble of making a sim, buying a resort, etc. and I don't wanna be constrained by how much money I have or any other limitations. Nor do I want to have to worry about running it, and I'd like to be able to share it on MTS and other sites like you would any other custom lot. Ideally, I'd be able to just build the resort in Build mode and then set the flag to resort so the game generates npcs/sims to run the check-in desk, buffet tables, etc. But I don't know if this is really how it works. So, could someone please tell me? And if so, how do I go about doing it? If it's not possible to make an npc-run resort, then are there any mods/workarounds I could use? Thanks so much to anyone and everyone who provides answers to this question!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Umm... all resorts are NPC run unless you buy it.

Oh... well now I feel dumb. XD So, if I make a resort the game will just generate npcs to run it?
dodgy builder
#4 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 7:53 PM
It's always useful to check if your lot works before uploading, but no you don't have to buy it if you're not going to test it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It's always useful to check if your lot works before uploading, but no you don't have to buy it if you're not going to test it.

Ah, okay, tysm! Can I test it without buying it? (Like, say, have a sim stay there for a few days to test it out?)
Site Helper
#7 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 4:55 AM
(I've never visited a resort in Sims 3 either. I still don't have IP. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
(I've never visited a resort in Sims 3 either. I still don't have IP. )

That makes sense, but for the original poster to have IP and never sent a Sim there does not, IMO.
Scholar
#9 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
That makes sense, but for the original poster to have IP and never sent a Sim there does not, IMO.

Maybe they don't play in isla paradiso.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Maybe they don't play in isla paradiso.

It does not make a lot of sense to want to know how to build a resort when you own IP and have never even sent a Sim to one. Kinda backwards IMO.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 2:39 PM
I have built a few. They are fun to do. I did one where I added an island to IP and built it there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 4:24 PM
Well there's no need to be rude about it... I only bought all of the Sims 3 expansion packs recently, within a few days/weeks of each other. So, I haven't had the time to test every single feature out yet, but I love the idea of building my own resort though I have yet to send a sim on vacation to Isla Paradiso. I probably will soon, but there's so much to do and explore! @.@ But, I suppose it's a good problem to have. Anyway, thanks for the help...
Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 4:42 PM
Nothing was meant to be rude, but more of probably you should research/test a bit more before asking for help? It is simple to send a sim to a resort to find out a little how they work, and there are places like Carls that probably have complete guides about them.
dodgy builder
#15 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 6:41 PM
Some ts3 features can be very complicated, so research might still be needed. You can of course start a thread about it, but don't expect to be told about all the nooks and crannies of a feature that way
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 7:24 PM
Anyone build a resort on a vacation/future camp?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 1:48 AM
Sorry, I know I was just wondering if it was possible. But thanks for the help! Also, lol, so you've built resorts in just about every world? Also also, hi skydome! I love your mods! :D
Mad Poster
#20 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 7:00 AM
WOW! How fun! I think I have done about 6 so am WAY behind you.

Color me impressed.
dodgy builder
#21 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 2:34 PM
I like that wooden hottub. Did you get the guests to use it