Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 8:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Issue with traces of deleted cc in my game?
Sorry for the awkwardly-worded title, but I wasn't really sure how to phrase my issue in a concise and precise way. So, yeah, I have a bit of an unusual problem (or at least I think it's unusual I'll feel foolish if it isn't.) See, I kinda accidentally deleted my dcbackup (or was it dccache? Whichever one has the custom content in it) and couldn't recover it so I was forced to redownload all of my old cc (or at least, what I could find of it.) Now though, some of the things I downloaded (like clothes, furniture, etc.) show up blank in my game because I guess I'm missing the relevant pattern files? Like, they're pure white. But I can't uninstall them, because they don't show up under Installed Content in the launcher. And I can't just delete the saved styles from Create-A-Style because they're considered downloaded cc and you can't delete downloaded cc (you can only uninstall it or delete your own custom cc.) So... yeah... it's a bit of an issue because it's cluttering up my game. I'd rather not have to reinstall if I can help it because reinstalling is a pain and would take forever to do. If there's any other options I can try or if anyone else has ever had a similar issue, help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 1:43 PM
I had a similar problem with a castle of mine, but it's so many years ago, and I use package files. Have you tried package files?

I'm 100% sure I never reinstalled the game, because I never do. Apparently we have limited reinstallasjons available, and it would be a real pickle if you suddenly didn't have a usable licence.

I had problems with white fences on top of the building. I pretty sure I just ended up just remaking the patterns in cast put up new fences to apply them to.

You have the added launcher problem though. I would figure out the packagefile installation if I were you. Much easier to handle, and you might be able to force the files in that way. It can be found under help in the menu at the top. Basic CC installation or something I think it's called.

Perhaps others have a different solution though.
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 7:04 PM
Usually to avoid problems when i unistal cc i delete all cache files (CASPartCache, compositorCache, simCompositorCache, WorldCaches) and all files in DCBackup exept for CCMerged if u have. DCBackup files are copies of your installed cc and they remain even after u unistall them from the launcher.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I had a similar problem with a castle of mine, but it's so many years ago, and I use package files. Have you tried package files?

I'm 100% sure I never reinstalled the game, because I never do. Apparently we have limited reinstallasjons available, and it would be a real pickle if you suddenly didn't have a usable licence.

I had problems with white fences on top of the building. I pretty sure I just ended up just remaking the patterns in cast put up new fences to apply them to.

You have the added launcher problem though. I would figure out the packagefile installation if I were you. Much easier to handle, and you might be able to force the files in that way. It can be found under help in the menu at the top. Basic CC installation or something I think it's called.

Perhaps others have a different solution though.

Hmm, I see. Yes, I have read others say the same, haha, that package files are easier to deal with. Unfortunately I have both package and sims3pack files installed so... yeah. I mean, it's a good suggestion for the future but I'm not certain how I would convert already installed content into package files plus I have so much CC it would be, suffice to say, difficult. XD I do appreciate the answer though, sorry that it isn't of much help to me... Btw, when you say "limited reinstallations" what do you mean exactly? I have the game for Origin so idk if that has any bearing on that limited reinstallations thing you mentioned but then this is the first I've heard of that. It seems to me rather unreasonable to limit the number of times one can reinstall their games, after all if you paid for it you should be free to reinstall it as many times as you want.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by reira_chan
Usually to avoid problems when i unistal cc i delete all cache files (CASPartCache, compositorCache, simCompositorCache, WorldCaches) and all files in DCBackup exept for CCMerged if u have. DCBackup files are copies of your installed cc and they remain even after u unistall them from the launcher.

Yes, well, I'm aware of that now. The problem, I think, isn't that the CC itself is still there but the preset is. For example, say I downloaded a couch with a custom pattern. After my massive blunder, that preset would still be there but the couch would show up blank/completely white where the pattern used to be if I tried to place it. I can't delete the preset, either, because it isn't one that I made. I'd have to uninstall it, but I do not know if I can. I don't think it is in my installed content any longer though strangely it persists in my game. I'm going to have another look at my installed content though and see if maybe it is there and I'm just an idiot, lol. If it is, then problem solved I guess, I can just uninstall it.