Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#7926 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:48 PM
I have a stupid question. I could probably figure this out myself by just going into CAS and trying it but I have to share a computer and I can't get on it right now. It's kind of weird because I've been playing this game since it came out and I hadn't thought of doing this till now. My question is, can I create step families in CAS? Like say a woman who already has two kids, but has married someone else and had more kids with them? Will the family tree thingy in CAS allow me to do that? Or would it be better to try and change their family tree in game with mods or whatnot?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7927 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 16th Oct 2018 at 4:28 PM.
Making step families In CAS? Not really. See pictures of my Flynn-Fletcher blended family

Easily done with NRAAS MC+Cheats tho'. Okay, not that easy... Click Sim->NRAAS->MC->Advanced->Family->Add Parent or child, whatever->Choose filter (or not). Scroll down and add the relationship.

In EA CAS, you can make two separate child parent relationships, but if you marry the parents, all the children become children of both parents. It's just too damned wholesome. I mean Disney has a thing for blended families, and EA whimps out on it?
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#7928 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 4:47 PM
On the other hand, this is the same EA that makes existing adult romantic couples unable to touch each other if a parent of one gets romantically involved with (or is it marries?) a parent of the other because eww, we are stepsiblings now. The levels of breakage of step-relations in this game are pretty horrifying if we allow ourselves to dwell on them for too long.
Mad Poster
#7929 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 5:43 PM
Gargoyle, just to clarify, I never meant to imply that you should give up on the entire game if that part was directed at me. Or on that world even, it was just that instance of it that sounded broken. But if things have fixed themselves or the revert to a prior save did so, then perhaps all is well.

Still not sure what to say about Milo without more information. When sims are and remain proper residents, SP does not push them out of the world unless emigration (not immigration, they are different) is somehow enabled or a social worker is involved, but he didn't sound like a child or younger to me. There is a Run Out of Town scenario that can engage if Milo were to have no friends and a town full of enemies, but you should be notified if that one is ever about to fire and it should be pretty rare. I wonder if for whatever reason he was evicted, booted out of his own house, or ran away from home so to speak, quit his job, and became homeless thus potentially subject to SP's Manage the Homeless function if that is activated.

Sometimes the sims listed in ErrorTrap logs have become corrupt beyond the point of being usable for anything and ET is just cleaning up the debris, and sometimes they are duplicate sims or those who really belong in another world and it's really their tourist or mini-sim data that is being cleaned out.

Will be standing by (well, sitting down really) looking for updates and error logs, but hopefully none of that will really be necessary.
Forum Resident
#7930 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
As for the world itself, I love this world that I'm playing. It is the first world that I've played where I didn't get bored a few weeks in. Sans my 3 week break from playing sims entirely, I've played almost daily since I installed it on Aug 15. I'm inclined to think that something was causing these issues rather than the a problem with the world itself. Only time will tell.

If these problems persist, I'll be over at NRAAS with script errors in hand. As always, thanks for the help.

Which world is this?
Test Subject
#7931 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Making step families In CAS? Not really. See pictures of my Flynn-Fletcher blended family

Easily done with NRAAS MC+Cheats tho'. Okay, not that easy... Click Sim->NRAAS->MC->Advanced->Family->Add Parent or child, whatever->Choose filter (or not). Scroll down and add the relationship.

In EA CAS, you can make two separate child parent relationships, but if you marry the parents, all the children become children of both parents. It's just too damned wholesome. I mean Disney has a thing for blended families, and EA whimps out on it?

Thanks! I thought that would be the case, that if you married the adults then the children would belong to both of them. It's a pity there aren't more options with the family tree in CAS. Thankfully there's Mastercontroller!
Top Secret Researcher
#7932 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 7:51 PM
Default The Hunt for EA Bugs and my Stupid question
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
On the other hand, this is the same EA that makes existing adult romantic couples unable to touch each other if a parent of one gets romantically involved with (or is it marries?) a parent of the other because eww, we are stepsiblings now. The levels of breakage of step-relations in this game are pretty horrifying if we allow ourselves to dwell on them for too long.

I'm gonna try that without Woohooer, which may have fixed it. Marry off two sims, and then have their parents marry.

My Stupid Question of the Day
Anyone know of a good tutorial on making movies with Sims 3?
Particularly, the "look at" feature. Seems I saw a video of that being demonstrated a few years ago. I tried it, got nothing.
Is there any way to add animations besides those in the EA list when using the moving making cheat?

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#7933 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 3:58 PM
Difference between "No Jealousy" and "Above Reproach" LT rewards?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#7934 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Difference between "No Jealousy" and "Above Reproach" LT rewards?

I would say No Jealousy makes your Sim no longer feel jealous when their partner cheats. And Above Reproach is for people to stop gossiping or not notice when your Sim cheats. However these rewards don't really work very well. I think they'e bugged.

There's one thing I liked about Sims 4 is that polyamourous relationships could easily be modded in.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#7935 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 4:24 PM
Maybe I'm not playing the game right, but I've seen neither "No Jealousy" nor "Above Reproach" work. Maybe my sim's behavior are so outrageous, that even the LTR can't save them from their crass acts.

Sims are better than us.
Site Helper
#7936 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 4:28 PM
I may be wrong, but my understanding that No Jealousy means that if someone spots you making moves on their friend's or their own Romantic Interest/Significant Other/Spouse, it's the other sim who can get in trouble rather than you. So making out with your best friend's wife can harm the relationship between the friend and the wife while your relationship with your best friend is unharmed.
Above Reproach means that a Public Display of Affection is more likely to be ignored and thus have no effect on reputation. But it has no effect on jealousy, so if you get caught you can be the one who is slapped and your relationship with the offended sim is harmed.
ETA
Both are a lot more effective if everyone has them. I think it only affects an interaction that is initiated by the one who has it, but if the other sim initiates a romantic interaction your sim's rewards are no longer a factor.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#7937 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 7:36 PM
Is there a faster uni mod for TS3? Either give more starting credits from the aptitude test, or more credits per term?
Mad Poster
#7938 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 4:20 PM
Somebody was asking how to lock door except for a current and maid sim.

I heard Ultimate Career can make any assign activity increase job performance as the sim doing is. My question is, would be somewhat possible to make a sim working in a culinary career earn performance when utilizing ani's business as usual set oven?

Instructor
#7939 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by featherkeys
Is there a faster uni mod for TS3? Either give more starting credits from the aptitude test, or more credits per term?

Here you go! http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=500507
Mad Poster
#7940 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 5:57 PM
How do I make the dress code for visiting sims (inactive ones) to underwear in community lots? Also how can I lock a door in community lots for all sims except a few define ones?

Scholar
#7941 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 7:16 PM
Maybe I'm not playing the game right, but I've seen neither "No Jealousy" nor "Above Reproach" work. Maybe my sim's behavior are so outrageous, that even the LTR can't save them from their crass acts.

I've tested these two rewards quite a bit when trying to make a polyamorous relationships. I even used the stone hearted reward and it didn't work. Finally I used Nraas Woohooer to turn off jealousy to make it work although this turns it off for everyone, even monogamous relationships. They still get an LTR hit when witnessing their partners flirt The weird thing is that even when all the sims in the "relationship" are officially best friends they still get an LTR hit. Why are best friends getting jealous to see their other best friends flirt anyway ugh. I guess the AI is deeper than I thought.

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Top Secret Researcher
#7942 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 10:01 PM
How do I make the dress code for visiting sims (inactive ones) to underwear in community lots?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=477049
You'll have to make sleepwear be underwear.

Also how can I lock a door in community lots for all sims except a few define ones?

The only way I know to do that requires premium content.
https://store.thesims3.com/productD...ategoryId=13177
I don't have it and never used it, so I'm not sure if that is what you want.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#7943 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 10:17 PM

Woah that's are cool mod. Also I think Nraas Go here has door locking @igazor will have to answer that though.

Mad Poster
#7944 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 4:04 AM Last edited by igazor : 23rd Oct 2018 at 4:53 AM.
Yes, the current version of NRaas GoHere includes extensive door/gate locking and filtering features. It's much more customizable than the EA store set ticket machine, although I occasionally find uses for that one as well.

But let's get this out of the way right now. The mod provides the options of one-way doors/gates and of charging for entrance, although the default is always off or §0. But repeat after me, if you use this feature you will accidentally have at least one door or gate turned the wrong way around and end up blocking sims from leaving or charging sims to leave a room/lot rather than to enter it. It cannot be avoided, this mistake has hit all users of the mod by now I think. We couldn't all be that careless, the game just likes to mess with us and flip objects around as we carefully place them, sometimes a millisecond too late for us to see it in Build/Buy. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. (It's a great mod enhancement though, and of course backwards doors/gates are easy to fix).
Mad Poster
#7945 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 4:02 PM

I meant trunks/bikini, but thanks.

Mad Poster
#7946 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
@igazor Can you tell me what these mean, please?

Looks perfectly clear to me. Your game's framistat is kerblunjid and its gobluts have developed a severe case of the creeping crud.

That's a routine Correction Log, Error Trap is reacting to shards of already unusable data left in your game and cleaning out the remnants. Most of us get around one of those per game session or sim day. It's not really an error and it's nothing to worry about.
Inventor
#7947 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 2:27 PM
Can a masterpiece painting only be big size? Or also medium and small?
Lab Assistant
#7948 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
Can a masterpiece painting only be big size? Or also medium and small?

They can be of any size.
Scholar
#7949 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 8:42 PM
OK, a stupid question (and I'm usure if this is the correct section...).

I do not have The Sims 3 at the moment but I plan to get it in the future (i'm sure it will be christmas by then or so ). But while I wait I get some inspiration to house builds on Youtube. But the problem is that ALL simmers on the tube are the same: THey speed up a build to make it into a 20 mins video so I can not see and keeps waffeling on about everything whitout thinking. So I want to know if you know about any GOOD Youtubers out there who do Sims 3 builds.
Mad Poster
#7950 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 10:20 PM
You can alter youtube video speed. Just to let you know.

Anyone know of a mod or way of entering build/buy mode and modify a lot that doesn't belong to the active sims? I know there's a way to do it through testingcheats, but that method uses up the funds of the active family.

Page 318 of 385