Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#76 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 3:37 PM
Sim's singing is finally bearable! Although Richie Sambora doesn't look impressed.

That pesky bear is so gross!

Servo broke, but he managed to fix himsellf.

Another of those phonecalls:
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 2:55 PM
Show us more pictures SS. I haven't had time for TS1 lately but I love seeing pics. :lovestruc

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#78 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snufflepaws
Show us more pictures SS. I haven't had time for TS1 lately but I love seeing pics. :lovestruc

Okay! Although they are all Superstar I'm afraid, in my quest to make Sim Sample famous.

Finally, some black roses!

Sim is famous enough that the tour bus stops at his home!

It took me a long time to get him this far!

You know how all of the 'Somebody' sims just love to talk about themselves? Well, now Sim Sample is one of those... and his stupid friends just go along with it.

I can manage to get the music tracks recorded right
("Glabe
Vada skijay
Glabe zan
Vada skijay
Glarn")
Because you get three tries at the combination.

(Ozzy the Obsessed Fan nearly wet himself with excitement! )

But you get only two shots at the correct combination in the videos, so Sim lost half a star right after he shot this!

Sim is going to have to pay more attention to his fans, because Ozzy is just getting annoying now!

He even formed a gang with Claire the Bear!

Today's hoax phonecalls:

That last one is kinds sinister....
Mad Poster
#79 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 11:27 AM
Ginia Kat , still dressed in her nightgown, stands in her front yard, painting her garden.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#80 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 12:11 PM
Fortune teller in Magic Town:

Wise advice!
Mad Poster
#81 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 12:16 PM
I love the fortune teller! I love the way every fortune ends on a promise of more information if your Sim inserts more coins!
Mad Poster
#82 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 2:21 PM
I had forgotten how FUNNY SIm1 was! Love the pictures. I'm all about SIm2 now, but miss the original charm.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#83 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 9:58 PM
For a superstar she is bad at magic

That's a pretty chilled Santa

This quest is, hands down, the hardest

This is such a clever Easter egg from the Maxis team! I love it!!

Scary ride in the Magic Town

Who else also remembers the music when the cake happens?

Top Secret Researcher
#84 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 7:51 AM
Sims are more scared on the Clown ride than on the scary one. I would be too, actually.

BTW, this inspired me to reinstall TS1. That and TS2's incompatibility with my laptop's graphics (and I have no more access to my PC). Off to the land of fun!
Mad Poster
#85 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 3:27 PM
That clown ride was freaking terrifying! The way the car popped straight up into the air -! My husband, who doesn't sim at all and finds the whole thing inexplicable, was standing behind me talking about normal life as the active sim rode the clown coaster one day, and when the car popped up he gasped in horror and watched the rest of the ride in terrified fascination.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#86 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 9:30 AM
I once posted this elsewhere ages ago, but it's too good not to share here too.

I threw a party for one of my households...and it accidentally turned into the most kick-ass funeral ever. Everybody ignored all the food and objects I had set up, and went straight to the gravestone in the backyard to mourn my dead celebrity Sim.

Apparently crying their hearts out is damn good fun, since barely a couple minutes into the funeral Drew Carey showed up. For the first time ever, the dreaded mime didn't show up at all. The horde ceased their incessant wailing, and reacted swiftly to absorb Drew into the Borg.
Scholar
#87 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 1:39 PM
Woah, I've never seen so many sims on one lot before. That's awesome.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Forum Resident
#88 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 11:36 AM
You can keep using the "Throw Party" interaction without limit, and more Sims will turn up each time (might stress test this, one day). Funnily enough, inviting tons of Sims does seem to be a guaranteed way to get a high party score.
Forum Resident
#89 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 1:56 PM
So this horror showed up in Studio Town. That'll teach me for installing the TSO heads.

Also, some other Sim turned up wearing a McDonalds uniform, which is really weird since it's not even available in CAS!

Instructor
#90 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 6:23 PM
Thanks everyone for their fantastic pics and info on this thread, I have just ordered sims 1 and am looking forward to giving it a try....
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#91 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 7:01 PM
@sparky1922 I hope you will post some pictures of your game too, as soon as you get it installed!
Instructor
#92 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 11:31 PM
@simsample

I just installed the complete collection today and after remembering to uninstall a Microsoft update that stops the game loading it runs perfectly and I am pleased with that side of things. I made my first Sim without any CC because that will come later when I have tested the game more but the sims look quite jelly and jagged like is the only way I can describe it so the pics I have tried to take to share on this thread just don't look good enough to post so I wondered if you could advise me on what I might need to tweak graphics wise to resolve the problem and be able to take decent pictures? I am using a windows 64 bit PC desktop build with very decent parts and a GeForce Nvidia GTX 770 graphics card that tuns the sims 2, 3 and 4 fine graphics wise so I am assuming there is just something stupid I may be overlooking? I love taking in game pics so would really like to resolve this...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#93 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 7:14 AM
@sparky1922 Can you send me a picture or better still post it here so that I can see? Sims 1 looks jaggedy anyway (no antialiasing or advanced effects) so you might just be expecting too much.
Instructor
#94 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 9:53 AM
@simsample

I am basing what I would like my sims to look like as posted by Dorsal Axe above. I also apologize as my pics are small I did not realize when taking shots that I must have had picture taking on small-) In neighborhood view and around home/community lots graphics look crisp and clear ( sorry I did not think to take a pic) however I wondered if I change the screen size while playing if it would help with sims and how they look but I don't know how to tweak it to change the screen size while playing to try it out ...any advice on how to make my sims look a little better would be appreciated as I am really enjoying exploring this series...

Forum Resident
#95 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 12:35 PM
Did you change the picture quality setting? It defaults to medium every time you start the game, so you have to keep setting it back to high quality otherwise you end up with blurrovision.

Even the high quality setting for the in-game camera isn't particularly great though, so you could alternatively use print screen and then crop the image, like I did for some pictures I posted earlier in the thread.
Instructor
#96 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 4:58 PM
Hi @Dorsal Axe

Thanks for your reply

I did not realize that stuff defaults when starting the game so just went back into game and put everything on high and took the following pic however I don't think it made that much of a difference.

I fiddled with the pic in paint as well but it did not seem to make much difference..and I am not sure how to use print screen in game but I will find out and have another go..

I cannot understand why its the sims that don't seem to look right but the terrain and lots do?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#97 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 7:28 PM
@sparky1922 Check your in-game graphics settings:
Instructor
#98 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 12:24 AM
@Simsample

Yes my graphics are set exactly as shown in your pic, I have been trying to adjust the pixel size in game to see if that makes a difference but cannot see how/where to do it?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#99 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 9:33 AM
I don't think you can change pixel size as such. What screen resolution are you running it on? Are you full screen, or windowed? You could take a look at your NVidia 3D settings- see if you can make things look better by adjusting antialiasing there.
Instructor
#100 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 10:54 AM
@simsample

I remember when installing I was given a choice of 800x something and a higher screen resolution and I choose the higher one which utilizes the whole of my PC monitor which is 23 inch I think. I thought that even if I chose the highest resolution on install I would have the option to change it down in game if I needed to but cannot find anywhere to do it at all? I think maybe this is the problem but I don't know how to fix it..
Page 4 of 8