2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15551 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:35 AM
You know how I know? It was that bush recolour off that set that I posted about the other day as having deleted and having it all flash blue. I just googled and redownloaded the set just yesterday.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#15552 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 12:12 PM
If you don't want the base object that the others are repositoried from, you can use SimPE to hide it from the catalog.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#15553 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Is there a way for sims to keep their entire wardrobe when they move in and out? Not just the clothes they're wearing but, like, all of the clothes they have?

Ideally, I'd like a mod that allows you to pick and choose, but I'd settle for one that copies everything--I'm a little tired of having sims move out then having to purchase clothes I'd bought for them all over again.

It's not a mod, but if you put a dresser in the sims inventory I think the clothes will move with the sim.
Mad Poster
#15554 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:11 PM
A quick question. When it comes to bed blankets/pillows, do you have to choose between ones repositoried to the Maxis bedding and ones with custom recolours or is there a way to have both (without having to have extra copies of the blankets/pillows)?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15555 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 5:57 PM
I may be being dim but I don't understand that question. Bedding - main bedding anyway, only has one channel (the bed frames have the other) so you can't have different coloured pillows/blankets. TS2 has a maximum of 2 channels on an object (sadly - wish it was more but it isn't). All bedding recolours are repositoried to the whajamacallit bed* so all beds use the same beddings.

The only way round this would be to design a bed that doesn't take the standard beddings but one of its own. Even then, there are still only two channels available and one would still have to be the frame. (Not to mention making sure the coding is in there to make the bed behave like a bed).

Or are you talking about a separate pillow mesh? As the pillow meshes are repositoried to the bedding, you'd have to recolour that (the bedding) to get the colours you want. You can't instruct an object to take a texture from two different sources for the same bit of it. You can tell objects to take a different source for each channel but that's not what you want I think.

*Edit: the Colonial Ironwood bed - had to look that up.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#15556 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 7:03 PM
ok, can I build that in sims 2?
Soo I know the pic is not the best but I kinda suck at Sketchup so let me explain
PIC ->> https://ibb.co/kSaPie
THE BROWN COLOR - is foundations/half floor.
RED - Is ground floor + GARDEN on the same level.

Is there any way to move the terrain and the walls to have like higher stairs to ground floor and then the entrance for cellar stairs + for the ground floors?
Instructor
#15557 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You haven't got the master for the set.

That's odd. I have the whole set in my downloads.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15558 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by krystek774
ok, can I build that in sims 2?
Soo I know the pic is not the best but I kinda suck at Sketchup so let me explain
PIC ->> https://ibb.co/kSaPie
THE BROWN COLOR - is foundations/half floor.
RED - Is ground floor + GARDEN on the same level.

Is there any way to move the terrain and the walls to have like higher stairs to ground floor and then the entrance for cellar stairs + for the ground floors?

In a word - 'Yes' though it's a bit of an advanced build technique. You might find these easier to handle if you've not done that type of building before.
http://modthesims.info/d/313232
and this
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588824
and this
http://modthesims.info/d/453687
Do you know how to build a basement or use the Grid Adjuster?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Inventor
#15559 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 10:09 PM
I may have dreamt it but wasn't there a mod that would let you access Buy/Build mode on community lots? Or your Inventory on community lots?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#15560 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I may have dreamt it but wasn't there a mod that would let you access Buy/Build mode on community lots? Or your Inventory on community lots?

The second one exists, anyway, but I've never tried it and wouldn't know where to find it.
Alchemist
#15561 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:03 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 5th Oct 2018 at 11:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera

Technically, I guess, this is a WCIF, but I use this - couldn't play without it - don't even remember what it was like to play before. It enables both buy/build and inventory. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=204467

EDIT: The updated file is in post #48. http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...00&postcount=48
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15562 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:32 PM
^ And you need to grab the updated file from the comments, I think it's about post 42-48.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15563 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I may be being dim but I don't understand that question. Bedding - main bedding anyway, only has one channel (the bed frames have the other) so you can't have different coloured pillows/blankets. TS2 has a maximum of 2 channels on an object (sadly - wish it was more but it isn't). All bedding recolours are repositoried to the whajamacallit bed* so all beds use the same beddings.

The only way round this would be to design a bed that doesn't take the standard beddings but one of its own. Even then, there are still only two channels available and one would still have to be the frame. (Not to mention making sure the coding is in there to make the bed behave like a bed).

Or are you talking about a separate pillow mesh? As the pillow meshes are repositoried to the bedding, you'd have to recolour that (the bedding) to get the colours you want. You can't instruct an object to take a texture from two different sources for the same bit of it. You can tell objects to take a different source for each channel but that's not what you want I think.

*Edit: the Colonial Ironwood bed - had to look that up.

Sorry, should have specified the Jonesi bed blankets. It looks as if I'll have to have two copies if I want both, thanks.
Inventor
#15564 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Technically, I guess, this is a WCIF, but I use this - couldn't play without it - don't even remember what it was like to play before. It enables both buy/build and inventory. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=204467

EDIT: The updated file is in post #48. http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...00&postcount=48

Yeah I should've posted that in the WCIF section, but this is exactly what I was talking about @Sunrader. Turns out I already downloaded this (though I don't have memory of it ), but I never found out about the updated file. I'm gonna redownload it and test it

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#15565 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 2:00 AM
Is there another way to remove the game version number in the right corner when playing TS2? I play with debug/Testingcheats turned on - and I'm not planning to turn it off - but disabling the cheat is so far the only solution I've seen. I take a lot of pictures, and it's always really annoying having to either crop it out or remove it by Photoshop, but I tend to use Testingcheat so much I have it perma-enabled.
Mad Poster
#15566 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I take a lot of pictures, and it's always really annoying having to either crop it out or remove it by Photoshop

You could do like me and just leave it there! My pics look far from professional, I'll admit
Mad Poster
#15567 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 2:42 AM
One can do wonders with the patch and clone tools in Photoshop

It's just so frustrating to have to edit it nearly every time, plus it messes with composition (I usually make sure to leave some cropping space, but occasionally that's a bit difficult)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15568 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 3:06 AM
I have my Fraps numbers showing, but using Tab Fraps to take a picture does not take a picture of those numbers. So it could be your screenshot program or perhaps Boolprop is always that way, I don't know, I only put that on for testing purposes. Do you need it on all the time?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15569 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
perhaps Boolprop is always that way, I don't know, I only put that on for testing purposes. Do you need it on all the time?

Even after you turn it off, the numbers stay there until you exit the lot and come back in.
Scholar
#15570 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 6:31 AM
Is there another way to remove the game version number in the right corner when playing TS2? I play with debug/Testingcheats turned on - and I'm not planning to turn it off - but disabling the cheat is so far the only solution I've seen. I take a lot of pictures, and it's always really annoying having to either crop it out or remove it by Photoshop, but I tend to use Testingcheat so much I have it perma-enabled.

I wonder if the file Version.sig contains the image we see at the top right of the game? Maybe replacing that with a blank sig would do the trick? I'm probably way off though.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#15571 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 12:22 PM
Quick question: What day do YA's show up at their dorms? Is it Monday, as I suspect?

Mostly asking for the sake of the rotation I'm playing.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#15572 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 12:36 PM

Just curious, what's the advantage of having it on all the time?
Top Secret Researcher
#15573 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 12:45 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 6th Oct 2018 at 1:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
I wonder if the file Version.sig contains the image we see at the top right of the game? Maybe replacing that with a blank sig would do the trick? I'm probably way off though.

@simmer22
I checked the files that I have on my computer named Version.sig and there is one for the base game and one for each EP and one for each SP that I have. When I opened several of them I found that these files have text not an image and I saw that the text is Date and Time information, I think they are the dates that the base game and EP and SP, were released.

So what you could try is first making a backup and then making a blank file with Notepad that is named Version.sig and put that file in place of the one that is in your highest EP or SP {SP, if you have M&G or the UC} and see if that works. I don't know what the file path for the one that you need to replace would be, I figure that if you are going to do it you can figure it out though.

I hope that this is helpful, let me know if it works OK? I am curious.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#15574 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 3:17 PM

I use it to adjust motives, make guests temporarily selectable, occasionally force errors if there's a routing issue or if a sim is about to stupidly kiss his ex in front of his wife and it's too late to cancel the action...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15575 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 4:05 PM

Flexible useful tool access. It's in my userStartup.cheat file.

Page 623 of 1345