Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 6:33 PM Last edited by Kankritty : 7th Sep 2018 at 9:27 PM. Reason: TS3-style title
Default The Sims 3 - Pet Peeves Thread! What makes you "Imply TS3 is a Llama!"
Sorry if this is a duplicate of anything, I've just come on to the TS3 scene (I did search!) and just starting to buy all the expansions.

The biggest peeve I have right now is the difficulty of finding good CC that I want to use in my game. I see myself looking at the same mods, the same hairs, the same sites...but there's nothing I really fancy.

What about you?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 6:41 PM
I have the same pet peeve. So much CC, so little of it useful. How come no one could be bothered to invent the concept of Maxis Match until TS4 came out?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 6:48 PM
I dislike how there are a very limited amount of interactions to choose from compared to 2.
Scholar
#4 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 7:03 PM
Pets routing truly bothers me.
It's so annoying when sim tries to interact with pet but can't cuz... well... there is not enough space!!! I mean, sim can freely interact with each other, but small cat or dog to this game is a big deal that requires a lot of space...and I'm not talking about horses, their routing is worse..what the hell..My sims usually live in small houses or apartments so it's basically impossible for me to have pets. I am tired to see my sims chasing pets all over the house just to.... pet them
Man, if someone make a fix for that, I would be grateful till death.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 9:57 PM
I had that in TS4 once. Ordered a pizza, didn't show up. Then about 10 Sim hours later the little twerp shows up anyway, doesn't bother to ring the doorbell, drops the pizza on the pavement, and runs off. Terrible!
Also, side note, I've always thought it's kind of funny how the pizza delivery guy in TS3 arrives in a car. Who the hell would need an entire car just to deliver pizza?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 11:15 PM
When Sims don't jump out of the way when something small like a book or toy is blocking their way. Just step over it dammit.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 1:03 AM
Routing. It is weird how sims walk through more things in 4, but the routing in 3 would make even Jesus go over the edge.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 1:09 AM
In TS4 I've had Sims walk straight through walls, staircases, foundations, other Sims.....in TS3 I've had plenty of Sims standing around not walking at all. I'm not sure what's worse.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#9 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Pets routing truly bothers me.
It's so annoying when sim tries to interact with pet but can't cuz... well... there is not enough space!!! I mean, sim can freely interact with each other, but small cat or dog to this game is a big deal that requires a lot of space...and I'm not talking about horses, their routing is worse..what the hell..My sims usually live in small houses or apartments so it's basically impossible for me to have pets. I am tired to see my sims chasing pets all over the house just to.... pet them
Man, if someone make a fix for that, I would be grateful till death.

The routing is not that bad but I don't know what anyone would expect when working with a small space and think it will run near perfect. I'm sure certain interactions have a bigger required space and that is not the fault of the game if the player chooses to ignore those necessary requirements.

I used to have a platform in one of my Sim's houses but the dog would get stuck every now and then plus just be in the way. So I removed it and now everything runs as smooth as it's going to without my stubbornness to correct an easy routing fix caused by me. TS3 is not a miracle worker and needs help every now and then because like everything, it has its limitations.
Scholar
#10 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 1:56 AM
Another thing I would like to add is why are all the babies' eyes in this game seem to be brown while Sims 2 matches the parents eyes? That doesn't make any sense to me. Is there a mod or cc around to rectify that issue. I probably would had never noticed if I wasn't reading a Sims 2 vs 3 thread and now that I do I could never unsee it. Then they grow up into toddlers and all of a sudden the toddlers' eyes matches the parents. Why the heck didn't EA catch that problem and fix it?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Also, side note, I've always thought it's kind of funny how the pizza delivery guy in TS3 arrives in a car. Who the hell would need an entire car just to deliver pizza?

Here in the Midwestern US, all the pizza places (and most other deliveries) use cars to deliver. Sometimes places make delivery people use their own cars and pay them back for their gas expenses when they get their paychecks. They may also have people making multiple stops (so they have multiple pizza orders in their car) if it's during a busy part of the day.

One of my main pet peeves is the radical shift in the animations for certain things at a high level. Like at high level cooking- what master chef throws their food up over their shoulders when they are turningit?! That would do horrible things to the food. And drinking wine, er nectar, when you get a high skill (although I think it's a high skill combined with having drunk a lot of bottles)- that swishing and gargling is what some people do at high end wine tasting not when they are having a glass to drink and enjoy.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 2:19 PM
Huh, TIL. That makes sense. Big country, big cities, big roads, big people. Might as well use a car to deliver. Keeps the guy who's delivering them dry, as well.

insert signature here
Scholar
#14 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 5:55 PM Last edited by PuddingFace : 7th Sep 2018 at 11:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I remember in a TS4 discussion with Guru Graham or Grant where he said that pets would be impossible or at least very difficult b/c it is hard to do the locomotion for 4 legged animal than for sims and truly make it look realistic.

At that moment I was thinking, "How ... how is dogs walking backwards out of a tight spot .... realistic in any way?"

That's one of the TS2 features which we eventually forget until we run TS2 again. I completely forgotten sims in TS2 walk over floor lights (not just through it like it wasn't there, but actual animation to step over it), while in TS3 they walk around it.

Totally agree. A lot of these "TS2 vs TS3" comparisons are unrealistic in my opinion. The fact is, TS2 is a dollhouse. The amount of resources to run it is much much less than TS3. What I just mentioned about about TS2 sims walking over floor lights etc.... it was done seamlessly, so it wasn't an interaction. This means that it was "programmed" into the locomotion and loaded on every single sim in the game.

In a dollhouse game, this is irrelevant. However, in an open world game where you have hundreds of sims actively moving around, this uses up resources and the more you have them, the more lag it will create. This is the one aspect a lot of non-technical players seem to be unaware of or simply ignored.

This is why the memory system failed so badly in TS3 but was one of the best features of TS2. TS3 simply cannot do memories b/c you have all your sims active at the same time in the game, hundreds of sims. TS2 you're just playing a household and at most a community lot with a dozen sims or so.

But TS3 could use a memory system that's activated only for Active Sims. For inactive only important memories like getting married/divorce, kids and death will be recorded. And for inactives the memories won't come into play, just be recorded, no behavioural changes.

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 6:23 PM
I usually play in 2 story houses, so if I have the toddler's room on the second floor and send one of the parents to teach them something it's just... ugh
Instead of teaching them in the large space they already have on the 2nd floor, they go downstairs and THERE wait for the toddler to come, as if the toddler could use the stairs :p
Scholar
#16 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 7:37 PM
Routing failures is my main pet peeve in TS3. You learn to build around that issue at some point.Well for the most part anyway, because it will happen. This is why I stopped playing The Pets expansion for TS3.

But sims requiring 1 square meter space to be able to move through. Or having a tantrum when something as tiny as a toy or a book is blocking them. So when trying TS4, I was so happy that sims walked through the same square space. The routing failure tantrums in TS3 annoyed me so much that I didn't even care (at first tbh) about sims passing through each other in TS4.

I would not mind if sims in TS3 suddenly would start to move through each other if there is only one square to pass through. If I had to choose between this and a routing failure anyway. But in TS3 this would probably result in having 20 sims standing on 1 square.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 9:03 PM
I have the same pet peeve. So much CC, so little of it useful. How come no one could be bothered to invent the concept of Maxis Match until TS4 came out?

That's a huge complaint of mine too! I really hate how shiny and high-poly most of the hairs are. Most of the Maxis made hairs are pretty good, but I wish there were more.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 9:26 PM
I'm looking for Harry Potter-style CC and there's like NONE. I refuse to download from T$R and there's a blogspot link which doesn't appeal to me.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#19 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Another thing I would like to add is why are all the babies' eyes in this game seem to be brown while Sims 2 matches the parents eyes? That doesn't make any sense to me. Is there a mod or cc around to rectify that issue. I probably would had never noticed if I wasn't reading a Sims 2 vs 3 thread and now that I do I could never unsee it. Then they grow up into toddlers and all of a sudden the toddlers' eyes matches the parents. Why the heck didn't EA catch that problem and fix it?

Well, IRL babies are born with grey-ey brown or blue eyes, imo I think it's better that way, makes the game more realistic. But that's just my opinion. What I don't like about their eyes, is that they don't move at all. They have no eye bones

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Field Researcher
#20 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:16 PM
Talking about memories, why on earth do we need a memory about the first time we visited the park? That's so unnecessary and boring tbh. It's why I always have it turned off, lots of bloat for nothing. It should be about the big stuff, like ts2: first time woohoo, new romance, marriage, alien abductions, deaths/births.
Scholar
#21 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Well, IRL babies are born with grey-ey brown or blue eyes, imo I think it's better that way, makes the game more realistic. But that's just my opinion. What I don't like about their eyes, is that they don't move at all. They have no eye bones

Ikr if Sims 2 could do it why couldn't Sims 3. And Sims 2 was made at a time when computers weren't that advanced as they are today and yet they still cut a lot of corners. As much as I like this game i'm starting to notice all the shortcuts that they took while making it. They could've at least fixed that easily with a patch at the very least.
Scholar
#22 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
I'm looking for Harry Potter-style CC and there's like NONE. I refuse to download from T$R and there's a blogspot link which doesn't appeal to me.

Have you seen this site https://harrypottersims.wordpress.com/sims-index/ Such an accurate Snape the creator made.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#23 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Ikr if Sims 2 could do it why couldn't Sims 3. And Sims 2 was made at a time when computers weren't that advanced as they are today and yet they still cut a lot of corners. As much as I like this game i'm starting to notice all the shortcuts that they took while making it. They could've at least fixed that easily with a patch at the very least.

Oh, and probably another reason babies's eyes can't move or change color is because babies only have 2 "body parts", their blanket and the actual body, meanwhile the older sims, actually have eyeballs, a face, legs etc. So their eyes are part of the skin...

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 1:22 AM

"Maxis Match" existed for years and years for Sims 2. Long before Sims 4 came around.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 1:30 AM
I haven't seen any evidence of that, and I've been looking.

insert signature here
Page 1 of 4