Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 3:45 AM
Default Graphics mod
Can anyone recommend any mods to improve graphics without having to increase the graphics settings in the game?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 1:20 PM
You can try a lighting mod, but if you're not able to run the game at max graphics already, you're not going to find anything that's going to work for you. All these mods have a certain footprint on your performance. What kind of system do you have, if you don't mind me asking, that can't run TS3 maxed anno 2018?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 1:53 PM
As above; besides - it won't do any good, if you select low resolution for textures no mod or filter make them better, and so on. You just waste resources you alredy do not have. In case you just want pretty images but the machine cannot play on "highest", just pause the game on desired moment, rise setting, make screenshots, put the settings down afterwards.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Forum Resident
#4 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
As above; besides - it won't do any good, if you select low resolution for textures no mod or filter make them better, and so on. You just waste resources you alredy do not have. In case you just want pretty images but the machine cannot play on "highest", just pause the game on desired moment, rise setting, make screenshots, put the settings down afterwards.

I'm sure you are supposed to restart the game after applying certain settings and from experience have had graphical issues because I did not restart even though there is a pop-up warning stating so as well.

If a computer is under powered and cannot handle TS3, the last thing you want to do is overcompensate, as that will only make it worse. The only options I can think of that would be a logical workaround is to use an image manipulation software for better looking screenshots. Or if you buy a higher resolution monitor according to your max resolution of your integrated or standalone graphics card can handle would make what you see more clear. However, not sure if going beyond 1920 x 1080 is better as TS3 does not adjust the UI and the higher the resolution the smaller the UI. Unless, someone has great vision then yeah that probably wouldn't bother them too much up to a certain point.

What is your current resolution/screen size in TS3 options and is there any more higher than that? If there are some higher resolutions try that and then restart the game.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 3:26 PM
Like I said, if you have a machine that cannot run TS3 maxed anno 2018, I'd say that's your biggest and foremost problem.
Going past 1080p is not a very big problem if you have (a) half decent monitor(s) on which small text can be read clearly. I play in 1440p even though my monitors have a native resolution of 1080p and everything's still easy to read thanks to anti-aliasing introduced by the supersampling. I've now gotten so used to it that I won't realistically be able to go back to 1080p again. 1080p makes the UI massive and clunky, it introduces very bad jaggies and it greatly reduces overall scene quality.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )