Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 4:49 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE won't detect subhoods
When I load a neighborhood in SimPE, it won't detect any sims from anywhere other than the main neighborhood. I'm trying to edit a specific sim in university, but the package details say there are zero universities? I used Sim Browser to search for it and I've found nothing. I've reset the entire neighborhood and cleared my cache from both SimPE and the game, but the program is not detecting anything at all. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by potato.head
When I load a neighborhood in SimPE, it won't detect any sims from anywhere other than the main neighborhood. I'm trying to edit a specific sim in university, but the package details say there are zero universities? I used Sim Browser to search for it and I've found nothing. I've reset the entire neighborhood and cleared my cache from both SimPE and the game, but the program is not detecting anything at all. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

All the characters files should be stored in the characters folder for the hood and that's what SimPE looks at. Sounds like it's not seeing a link to a properly installed university hood in the neighbourhood file. Let's see if SimPE can actually see the sub-hood. When you load SimPE and go to the Neighbourhood Browser (Tools>Neighbourhood>Neighbourhood Browser) go to your hood and click on it BUT before you load it, check the drop down options box on the right-hand side. Are your sub-hoods showing there? Here's Little Carping showing what it should look like with a full load of sub-hoods.

Other questions: did you make the hood with empty templates or with the standard templates? Have the townie sims generated or did they come with the installation of the sub-hood? Have you checked you can see them in game - using a transporter like Inge's cat? Which neighbourhood are you talking about - one of the pre-mades or a custom one? Are you certain you added a university sub-hood to it (dumb question but always worth asking)?
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 5:09 AM
I apologize for not replying to this thread in months. My computer had some issues and needed to be repaired.
Today, I've reinstalled the entire game, loaded up Belladonna Cove, added all three universities and quit the game. I loaded up SimPE and the program still will not detect a single university or subhood. I'm really puzzled on what to do.
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:34 PM
All sims and their data is stored only in the primary neighbourhood.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 7:15 PM
I was about to ask...are you trying to access your uni sims via the uni 'Hood? It is the main 'Hood you must load. You'll find everyone there.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 7:47 PM
Yes. I've tried accessing the sims from the main neighborhood but since it won't detect my subhoods, it won't detect my sims. It'll only see the sims living in Belladonna Cove.