Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2023 at 5:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default House with basement appears as a grassy pit in map view
I built a house with a basement and tuck-under garage. I used the TS2 method of building basements vs the TS3 basement tool. While in build/buy on the lot, everything appears fine, and functions fine. However, in map view, the roof and walls are missing, and the center of the house looks like a grassy pit where the basement is. All other buildings on other lots appear as they should. Has anyone encountered this before? It took me forever to figure out how to make the tuck-under garage, but if it looks this way from the map view, I won't use the lot in game. I attached a (poor quality) screen shot of what it looks like in map view. Please assist if able.

TIA!
Screenshots

goderguy
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Apr 2023 at 5:36 PM
Update - I saved the lot and added it in the same location in a test save, and it appeared fine in map view. I went back to my original save, bulldozed the lot, added the saved copy, and now it appears as it should in map view. How odd! Never happened to me before.

goderguy