Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Self-Configurable Autonomy Mod (SCAMv6)

by scumbumbo Posted 11th Nov 2017 at 1:22 AM - Updated 16th Apr 2019 at 7:47 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Game Patch 1.51.75

216 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 147 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Deceased
Original Poster
#101 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 6:43 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 9th Dec 2017 at 6:32 PM.
Just FYI everyone I did have one issue where the control autonomy on lot did not come up properly, unfortunately I wasn't logging the script at the time. I've re-enabled logging on my home computer for future use so hopefully I'll see that again and can get a fix for it. Until then, it doesn't cause any game issues, just the dialog to control current autonomy doesn't come up when requested. There's probably one or two autonomous actions that can be occuring which cause it to crash out from the function so I just have to track those down.

In the meantime, if you have this happen, don't worry you can just try and get into that dialog a bit later and hopefully whatever was in the way of it showing up will have cleared up.

ETA - Found the error by visiting the same lot in the same type of situation, so should be able to get a fix for this done tonight, I don't have time this afternoon. The bug will cause the control current autonomy function to not display, but shouldn't cause any other problems with the game. There's just one type of obscure game interaction that the code looks at which isn't formatted like the others and it causes a bit of confusion.
Field Researcher
#102 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 1:30 PM
Here is the updated German translation.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  German.zip (715 Bytes, 11 downloads)
Deceased
Original Poster
#103 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snugglypoo4
Here is the updated German translation.

Thanks again! I've updated the mod with the new translation.
Deceased
Original Poster
#104 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 12:17 AM
Just a quick note, I mentioned earlier that a bugfix was forthcoming, however I've started experimenting with a new feature and as the error doesn't cause any major issues (just prevents you from getting into the Currently Running Autonomy in certain rare instances) it felt like it would be a good idea to wait until I have that finished up and stabilized.

Yes, the new feature will be that good if it works reliably (and I'm pretty sure it will). I'll make it an "Experimental" version if I'm not certain.

Deaderpool is not planning on adding any of the newer features to the SCAM module in MCCC in the immediate future, but again I will share the new feature with him as soon as it's a reality.
Deceased
Original Poster
#105 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 12:57 AM
Version 3 is Out

The new feature is working great, and really allows you to catch those little autonomous actions that bug the heck out of you but that you can't seem to find. You now longer have to catch them as they are happening!

Be sure to remove version 2 (but keep your config file!) if you upgrade to version 3.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Version 3 is Out

The new feature is working great, and really allows you to catch those little autonomous actions that bug the heck out of you but that you can't seem to find. You now longer have to catch them as they are happening!

Be sure to remove version 2 (but keep your config file!) if you upgrade to version 3.

This mod just keeps getting better! Great work and it's great to see you modding again! You and your fantastic mods have been sorely missed!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#107 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 7:06 AM
Thank you for this fabulous job, your mod is fantastic
Test Subject
#108 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 4:57 PM
Deaderpool is not planning on adding any of the newer features to the SCAM module in MCCC in the immediate future, but again I will share the new feature with him as soon as it's a reality.

Hey Scumbumbo,
thanks for that great mod!!!! - Now that I've seen your avatar, I finally understand what the symbol means that shows up when selecting some features (I use your mod with MCCC).
But now for something completely earnest: As I use MCCC and will not stop using that, how can I make your better versions of SCAM included if the two (MCCC and yours) could be in the way of each other? I certainly want to use the better features, but don't get into trouble with "commander-conflicts".
Maybe time will tell and a solution will be found.
Thanks and keep up your great work!!!
Deceased
Original Poster
#109 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nicolino74
As I use MCCC and will not stop using that, how can I make your better versions of SCAM included if the two (MCCC and yours) could be in the way of each other?

The two mods don't get in the way of each other if you only use one or the other. They don't even really conflict, they just don't interoperate with each other by sharing a common configuration. For example:
  1. With MCCC Autonomy Scan enabled, click a Sim and choose the Autonomy Scan. The first item on the list (YMMV) is "Wake Up" (sim_WakeUp).
  2. Disable the Wake Up action and close the Autonomy Scan dialog.
  3. Now enable the control menu for SCAM, click a Sim and choose Control Autonomy.
  4. If you page through the list you will see that that disabled interaction does not appear in the list. SCAM won't bother to show it, as when it sees the sim_WakeUp action SCAM sees it as being a non-autonomous action.
  5. If you now re-enable the Wake Up action in MCCC Autonomy Scan, it will once again show up in SCAM Control Autonomy as it now sees it as an autonomous action that could be switched off.
So basically, if you disable an action in MCCC then SCAM won't see it. The same is true in reverse, disabling an action in SCAM will make it disappear completely from the MCCC mod. The two mod's configurations (and file storage of those configurations) are completely separate from each other.

Finally, since autonomy is only ever turned back on when selected by a user, MCCC will not re-enable something that is turned off by SCAM (and again, vice-versa). In fact, they can't turn it back on as they don't see those actions disabled by the other mod as autonomous. So you can safely turn off something in SCAM and know that MCCC won't turn it back on without your consent.

Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#110 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 3:03 PM
The two mods don't get in the way of each other if you only use one or the other.
----
Hope this helps!

Yeah, of course, I'm very glad you replied!!! If it helps depends on the limits of my understanding... ahem...
Well, your new version sounds way better! ... As there is no special module to deactivate in MCCC (McTuner contains SCAM), if I understand you correctly I've to avoid tuning any autonomy with MCCC, and instead do the whole thing with your SCAM mod?! - It would only get messy if I hop between the two? That means, I still have ALL MCCC modules active plus your mod installed, but manage the autonomy-issues with YOUR mod only. Right?
So I would "empty" my mctuner.cfg and start afresh with your mod in regard to autonomy issues.

I'll try them together now without using both mods (hmmm, sounds like an oxymoron). And sorry for silly questions plus the language, cause I'm really a noob and I'm admiring programmer's abilities (always repairing things that EA patches mess up or cleaning up some of the game's standard weirdness )! :lovestruc

Thank you (also for all your other mods!!!) and see ya later!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 3:35 PM
i will like to know is this mod compatible whit WickedWhims?
Forum Resident
#112 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 4:15 PM
Default French Traduction
Traduction française SCAM

The French translation of SCAM, greetings
Deceased
Original Poster
#113 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 4love10
i will like to know is this mod compatible whit WickedWhims?

Yes, it should be fully compatible with ww
Deceased
Original Poster
#114 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
The French translation of SCAM, greetings

Thank you, I've updated the mod to include your translation.
Forum Resident
#115 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 4:08 PM
Thank you, I've updated the mod to include your translation.

Document png

Thank you, I have a small question, I have attached, a capture, to show you the place. The acronyms remain present as they are on the French translation, is this normal? I did not touch that, they surely have a use. I checked my translation on the game and saw these acronyms on the controls. Please keep me informed. Take good care of yourself.
Deceased
Original Poster
#116 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
Thank you, I have a small question, I have attached, a capture, to show you the place. The acronyms remain present as they are on the French translation, is this normal? I did not touch that, they surely have a use. I checked my translation on the game and saw these acronyms on the controls. Please keep me informed.

Yes, those codes have specific meanings to the game's localization code, they are XML codes for including special characters.
Code:
>    greater than symbol ( > )
&lt;    less than symbol ( < )
&amp;   ampersand symbol ( & )

We want to display the greater/less than symbols, but whichever program you used to edit those strings (I'm assuming Sims4Studio?) is written to be user-friendly and it made the assumption that you actually wanted to display the string as is, so it automatically replaced the ampersand symbol with the code for it. It was a valid assumption, just the wrong one in this case. I've fixed it to put the ampersand back in properly rather than the code for it and the latest upload should show properly in game.
Quote:
Take good care of yourself.

Thanks and you as well, I'm trying to avoid much modding as I'm recovering from a pretty nasty cold, but this was a simple fix so I figured I'd take care of it.
Forum Resident
#117 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 8:28 PM
Yes, those codes have specific meanings to the game's localization code, they are XML codes for including special characters.
Code:
&gt;    greater than symbol ( > )
&lt;    less than symbol ( < )
&amp;   ampersand symbol ( & )

We want to display the greater/less than symbols, but whichever program you used to edit those strings (I'm assuming Sims4Studio?) is written to be user-friendly and it made the assumption that you actually wanted to display the string as is, so it automatically replaced the ampersand symbol with the code for it. It was a valid assumption, just the wrong one in this case. I've fixed it to put the ampersand back in properly rather than the code for it and the latest upload should show properly in game.

Thanks and you as well, I'm trying to avoid much modding as I'm recovering from a pretty nasty cold, but this was a simple fix so I figured I'd take care of it.

Thanks for your reply, I translated with the Deaderpool program, it is very convenient for that. It's nice to have taken the time to explain, I liked to know if I had made a mistake yes or no.Everything is important, we must do things well, I know how much a simple sign can mean many things. Good recovery and take good care of you, the winter is still long, it is necessary to be well taken care of.
Test Subject
#118 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 5:27 PM
It would be amazing if we could turn off autonomous sitting during conversations..
Test Subject
#119 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 11:00 AM
Is it possible to use this to turn off certain social options? Specifically, Alien memory erasing. I just had an unfortunate incident where my in-household alien sim erased the memory of their in-household fiance.... essentially deleting their relationship.
Test Subject
#120 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:23 PM
Does it work for all sims or just the selected one?

22 and playing The Sims since 2003!
Deceased
Original Poster
#121 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Disconnected
It would be amazing if we could turn off autonomous sitting during conversations..

There are some autonomous sit interactions which can be turned off, some of which would have to be turned off via the "Current Actions" menu. I haven't played with them all. Turning off some of them may well break certain interactions and/or cause odd side effects, but it's always safe to test you can re-enable something if it breaks. Wait until a Sim sits down in a conversation and check that Current Actions menu for anything related to sitting and give it a try.
Deceased
Original Poster
#122 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flamesilocks
Is it possible to use this to turn off certain social options? Specifically, Alien memory erasing. I just had an unfortunate incident where my in-household alien sim erased the memory of their in-household fiance.... essentially deleting their relationship.

Try turning off "mixer_social_MemoryErase_Targeted_Mischief_AlwaysOn_Alien". You can do this by:
  1. Enable the control autonomy menu
  2. Start a conversation with an alien Sim
  3. Select control autonomy on the alien
That mixer should then show up and can be switched off.
Deceased
Original Poster
#123 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohmyfluck
Does it work for all sims or just the selected one?

It works on all Sims, on every lot, in every save game, just like any other "no autonomy" mod. Making it selectable for each sim or object in the game would involve many changes to the game that would be excessively complex, error prone, and it would slow the game down (tremendously, I suspect).
Test Subject
#124 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:10 PM Last edited by yakfarm : 11th Feb 2018 at 12:41 PM.
Hi I've attached Korean translation for the mod.
Thanks in advance!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4_220557DA_80000000_0A0000007CD3965E.zip (711 Bytes, 19 downloads)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#125 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:22 PM
A word for advice, if we repair the game, we remove the mods, but we leave the text part of this script, which lists codes that we stopped. Repair removes some things. Just a little advice from friends. Take good care of yourself and your game
Page 5 of 9