Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Self-Configurable Autonomy Mod (SCAMv6)

by scumbumbo Posted 11th Nov 2017 at 1:22 AM - Updated 16th Apr 2019 at 7:47 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Game Patch 1.51.75

216 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 147 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 9
Scholar
THANKS POST
#26 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 11:59 AM
This. Is. EPIC!!! A warm and welcome return, scumbumbo - you have been greatly missed! And what a return - this is an awesome mod, and I can't wait to play around with it. I have so many autonomous actions to turn off, so no time like the present (downloads like a fool!)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 12:48 PM
Thanks. Nice!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:18 PM
Wow.. You are GENIUS! I have a slew of no auto mods in my folder. THANK YOU!
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:31 PM
Nevermind I am silly!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:55 PM
BRILLIANT return debut :-) and welcome back!

Thanks for creating and sharing!!

So glad it lives happily with MCC as I couldn't Sim without it :-)
Instructor
#31 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:59 PM
You did it again
This is the best "scam" I've ever seen
Happy to see you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 3:22 PM
I've been hoping for something similar like since release. Thank you so much for your mod. If its functionality could be integrated into mccc it would be lovely. Again: Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:07 PM
This mod is simply wonderful, thank you so much!! I love how much control it gives and how easy it and quick is to use.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:39 PM
Well this is an unexpected surprise. May have to poke around what kind of options are available (curious if it has more toggles than MCCC), though the acronym for it was an interesting choice, wasn't sure what to make of it (until I actually read the full name of the mod), but I just woke up so... brain not work good XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 6:01 PM
Oooh, this has so much potential. Can it be used to disable sims from using specific sinks (like bathroom sinks) to wash dishes?
Deceased
Original Poster
#36 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by penguinsane
Oooh, this has so much potential. Can it be used to disable sims from using specific sinks (like bathroom sinks) to wash dishes?

No, that would require a complete new set of tuning specifically for bathroom sinks. If you use this mod to turn off washing dishes at a bathroom sink it will affect all sinks in the game, as the game itself doesn't differentiate one type of sink from another (shared tuning).
Test Subject
#37 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
No, that would require a complete new set of tuning specifically for bathroom sinks. If you use this mod to turn off washing dishes at a bathroom sink it will affect all sinks in the game, as the game itself doesn't differentiate one type of sink from another (shared tuning).

This is a bummer. I wish it were possible to set per-item, but I understand. Thanks for the quick response!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 1:20 AM
Aaah this is awesome!!! I can't wait to try this mod out!! Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#39 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:22 AM
Your welcome, hope you find it useful. It should be able to disable anything that is autonomous, but if memory serves the welcome wagon is somewhat different - it's a situation, which would not be able to be disabled by this mod.

Turning off the get a glass of water and troll the forums were the first two things I turned off, so far it seems to be working great. Forgot about the smashing dollhouse I'll have to add that, won't even need to exit the game to do so. I'm loving this mod myself, lol

The configuration is saved and loaded for all households, and affects NPC sims as well as played sims. So if you turn off letting children play on a piece of park equipment, all children will stop playing on it, not just the ones in your current household. Like I said, pretty much like any other no autonomy mod, just a simple switch only done in a script and a saved configuration file rather than having to edit and override every XML file (which is very prone to producing a mod conflict).

Okay, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 12:19 PM
When I'm playing the game I sometimes see autonomous actions that bug me, but do I remember to do something about it the next time I exit the game? Of course not, I forget about it. This will prevent that. You have removed a source of extreme frustration from my game. For that I sincerely thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:15 PM
What a wonderful, happy surprise to find this...I don't have to spend days or weeks chasing down no-auto mods now. You are a Godsend! Thank you so Very much for sharing this. Welcome back!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 10:08 PM
You're a God amongst men. This mod is everything I ever wanted.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#43 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 10:14 PM
How do I use this to prevent sims from reacting to the talking toilets? I've tried to figure out the action...

Every god damn time I try to bathe a toddler or dog the parent will stop bathing to react "awesome thing is awesome" Yeah no sh!t you've had that toilet in your spaceship for years and still reacting to it. I cannot get them to stop doing this.

I've basically taken the toilets out (I like them for spaceships and futuristic houses, crazy I know since everyone is supposed to hate them) because they will not stop reacting every. damn. time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:43 AM
Epic isn't a fantastic enough word for this mod! You, Sir, are a Sim God. ***Bows before scumbumbo's greatness***

Seriously, this mod is PERFECT! My sims suddenly started autonomously eating ALL THE FREAKING TIME! They would finish a plate, sit on the chair for several sim minutes and then get another one! I had to constantly micromanage their day. The game was becoming unplayable, very quickly. I went on a search for a no autonomous eating mod and this is what I found. It is so much better than I could have imagined! I was on the verge of quitting...now, I'll be simming away into the wee hours of every morning.

In one of my tests I turned off all the food-related autonomy on the lot and let a sim get near to starvation. Finally turned the get snack action on the fridge back on and a few moments later they were off to get some peas, like "Oh yeah, that's what that cold box is for!"

So...If I were to turn off all autonomous food-related options on the fridge in my active household, would all of the other sims in the world starve?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 2:56 AM Last edited by Valdesca : 13th Nov 2017 at 3:18 AM.
Hehe, yeah, maybe an unfortunate acronym. I went back on forth on changing the name so it wasn't SCAM and finally decided what the heck.

Important thing to remember is that the mod is not A scam, it just plain is SCAM.

Maybe it would help to put periods into the name, like S.C.A.M. ?

YES please your work is so amazing to put on observation. i mean change name even Complete Autonomy Mod CAM lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 3:35 PM
Great mod... Ditto's on all the welcome back
Field Researcher
#47 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 3:47 PM Last edited by egureh : 14th Nov 2017 at 6:07 AM.
Good Lord, this will save me from tons of autonomy modding work. Really thank you!
And Chinese translations for strings:
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4_220557DA_80000000_020000007CD3965E%%+STBL.zip (587 Bytes, 21 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 7:51 PM
Thank you so much for this brilliant mod. This solves so many problems I have with my sims. I finally feel like I've taken back control and they are no longer pushing me over the edge!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 8:26 PM
Omg you’re the best. No more auto push ups. No more auto checking the toddlers. No more autonomous joining conversations that aren’t relevant to the sim I’m playing! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:10 PM
Thank you so much for this! The only thing I'm missing is "no auto get water from sink", I don't seem to find that option. Am I overlooking it or is that not included?
Page 2 of 9