Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Self-Configurable Autonomy Mod (SCAMv6)

by scumbumbo Posted 11th Nov 2017 at 1:22 AM - Updated 16th Apr 2019 at 7:47 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Game Patch 1.51.75

216 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 147 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 6 of 9
Deceased
Original Poster
#126 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yakfarm
Hi I've attached Korean translation for the mod.

Thanks for the contribution, I've added your translation to the mod's package.

EA's documentation shows that the first two digits of the instance ID should be "0D" for Korean, not "0A" so I updated the file you sent to use the EA numbering. Let me know if that documentation is outdated and the change causes issues!
Instructor
#127 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 3:05 PM
Could you add the interaction "Scratch Favorite Spot" for a cat and dog to be turned off?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 7:47 PM
I can not thank you enough for this. Thank you so very VERY much!
Deceased
Original Poster
#129 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
Could you add the interaction "Scratch Favorite Spot" for a cat and dog to be turned off?

I don't have the pets expansion pack, so I'm not 100% sure what you would cilck to get that interaction to show up. I would think just doing a control autonomy on the pet should work. If not, then it definitely should show up in the current interactions list. The XML name for that interaction is mixerSocial_T_Pets_Friendly_Pet_Carrying_Autonomous and based on some tests that interaction can go as "Pet," "Attempt to Pet," or the "Scratch Favorite Spot" depending on the relationship between the Sim and the pet.
Instructor
#130 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 12:11 AM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 15th Mar 2018 at 2:48 AM.
I was unaware what the XML was called. Thank you. I would have to make my sims adopt a pet and see if I could find the social in the S.C.A.M list. If not then I'll Turn the social off through the XML tuning.

EDIT: The social not in the S.C.A.M and thank you for telling me the name of the XML to that annoying interaction. Now my sims can finally have a pet in their household. (:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#131 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 5:37 AM
I can not stress how much I love this mod.. Thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
#132 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 4:05 PM
Is there a way to disable automatic jogging for all sims?

22 and playing The Sims since 2003!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 8:11 AM
I know this mod is for enable / disaction actions, but is there potential to let you edit the 'chances' of the action being performed?
Scholar
#134 Old 30th May 2018 at 9:14 PM
I can't play without this amazing mod
does it need any update?
Test Subject
#135 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 3:07 AM
Noob question, is this mod on the modules of MCC? Because I don't see it or I didn't understand anything lol xD so I don't know what to do! if install this or what. I use MCC but I don't see such function in MCC Turner.
Test Subject
#136 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkuria
Noob question, is this mod on the modules of MCC? Because I don't see it or I didn't understand anything lol xD so I don't know what to do! if install this or what. I use MCC but I don't see such function in MCC Turner.

Forget it, I was blind. I saw the mod by clicking on the sims through MCC, Ty for this mod. I didn't know about it. I have to check more MCC. So many options.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:25 AM
thanks for update ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:02 AM
2 ISSUES
1. Can't turn off video game consoles. Sims will not leave alone.
2. PC sports game...can't be turned off. Sims addicted to it.
Test Subject
#139 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:35 PM
Does this mod allow us to turn off all autonomy for uncontrolled sims in the player home? I'm playing a family and want to personally control only two sims in the household, and leave the others to their own devices. When I'm trying to make a scene between the two sims, in seconds the uncontrolled sim already has actions queued up and promptly storms off to carry them out ruining special story moments. I have to try and RP why one of the sims rushed off just to come back seconds later... "Sorry, I thought I had to go... But it was just gas."... It's pretty much game breaking for me. We should get at least 8 seconds before autonomy forces our sims into unwanted group socials or activities... Like "Mary, I'm trying to propose here! Do you really need to play Sims Forever right at this moment?!"
Deceased
Original Poster
#140 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mattfires
Does this mod allow us to turn off all autonomy for uncontrolled sims in the player home?

The mod will turn off specific autonomous actions for all sims on a lot, whether they are played or unplayed sims. So if you turn off "computer_PlayGame_Bliicblock" for instance, no sims will autonomously choose to play that game (but you will still be able to choose for a player-controlled sim to play Blicblock by choosing it from the computer pie menu).
Deceased
Original Poster
#141 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brettkeane
2 ISSUES
1. Can't turn off video game consoles. Sims will not leave alone.
2. PC sports game...can't be turned off. Sims addicted to it.

1) I'm not sure which interactions need to be turned off for the video game consoles as I don't have City Living; however, they should be able to be turned off. Sometimes to see a specific interaction it's necessary to wait until a sim chooses such an action autonomously and then select the Currently Running Autonomy from the terrain menu.
2) Turn off computer_PlayGame_IncredibleSports
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 9:43 PM
I wish this was global, I have sims a clubs just standing around doing nothing.
Test Subject
#143 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:32 AM
How to enable by default?
I'm always forgot to enable after I saw my Sim did somethings that I already disabled.
Deceased
Original Poster
#144 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ponghandy
How to enable by default?
I'm always forgot to enable after I saw my Sim did somethings that I already disabled.

Enable/Disable just enables or disables whether the menu appears on all objects in the game. The mod itself is "always on" so if something is occuring autonomously that you have turned off then it means either you turned off something that sounded like the right choice but wasn't, or there are multiple autonomous actions that do the same thing, or another action is "pushing" that action onto the Sim.

Sometimes all you can do is use the terrain menu choice to show Currently Running Autonomy to see what autonomous actions have run recently and try to determine which one is triggering the action you want to stop. Takes a bit of trial and error sometimes, so you have to go back and restore an action if that wasn't the one causing what you want to stop.

You can always ask on here and if I or someone else knows how to stop action "X" we'll let you know.
Test Subject
#145 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 6:35 AM
Thanks, I'm always use terrain menu 'Currently Running', cause many autonomy can't find on objects. such as 'Research Advanced Cooking' on computer. also 'WickedWhims' menstrual pain.
Deceased
Original Poster
#146 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ponghandy
Thanks, I'm always use terrain menu 'Currently Running', cause many autonomy can't find on objects. such as 'Research Advanced Cooking' on computer. also 'WickedWhims' menstrual pain.

Today's update to the mod has added a new search feature on the terrain menu. This will allow you to search for these interactions quite easily (for instance, search for "computer research cook" to find computer_browse_researchcookingtechniques).
Deceased
Original Poster
#147 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 1:22 AM
For those who prefer to use MC Command Center for this mod, the features and bugfixes added in the latest release should be in MCCC 5.0. I don't know what Deaderpool's intended release schedule for that is, so don't ask.
Test Subject
#148 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 9:40 PM
I put the zip file in my Mods folder and when I start up the same it says that the script mod is installed, but when I click on objects Control Autonomy isn't an option. I tried getting rid of my other script mods and just having that one but it still didn't show up? Does anyone know what I did wrong?
Deceased
Original Poster
#149 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HiighFliier
I put the zip file in my Mods folder and when I start up the same it says that the script mod is installed, but when I click on objects Control Autonomy isn't an option. I tried getting rid of my other script mods and just having that one but it still didn't show up? Does anyone know what I did wrong?

To minimize cluttering the pie menus on objects, you will not see the Control Autonomy menu on individual objects until you have enabled that menu. You do this by clicking on the terrain (any spot on the floor or ground) and choose Enable Control Autonomy from it's Control Autonomy pie menu. Once you are done you can go back to that menu and switch that back to Disable Control Autonomy - the mod will continue to operate, but the menu will then be removed from miscellaneous game objects (you can always re-enable it).
Test Subject
#150 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
To minimize cluttering the pie menus on objects, you will not see the Control Autonomy menu on individual objects until you have enabled that menu. You do this by clicking on the terrain (any spot on the floor or ground) and choose Enable Control Autonomy from it's Control Autonomy pie menu. Once you are done you can go back to that menu and switch that back to Disable Control Autonomy - the mod will continue to operate, but the menu will then be removed from miscellaneous game objects (you can always re-enable it).

Thank you for your reply, but when I click on the ground the options wont show up either. I also noticed that when I installed this mod my keep books after publishing mod stopped working. The only thing still working for me is WickedWhims.
Page 6 of 9