Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 8:20 PM Last edited by wrolyat : 15th Feb 2005 at 8:26 PM.
Then how do you have separate sections of the mesh assigned to different material types (in otherwards, how do you make that that kind of clothes shiny)?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 12:34 AM
I am going to go see is I can make some shiny eyes. That will be my new project.
Test Subject
#78 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosco
I've submitted the finished latex suits to the download forums.. here's a sneak preview (note: even BLACK is shining like it's freshly polished..)

i cant find them anywhere in the download section.
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#79 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wrolyat
Then how do you have separate sections of the mesh assigned to different material types (in otherwards, how do you make that that kind of clothes shiny)?

You don't unless you're making a new mesh. Then it would be a matter of grouping in the mesh, and you'd have to make sure the parts that went into the reflective group would never require transparency.

RG

You can't use a bulldozer to study orchids.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 11:50 PM Last edited by wrolyat : 19th Feb 2005 at 11:56 PM.
Then how did Rosco make his shiny clothes? If he made a new mesh then how do you make meshes for clothes and make it shiny usong the technique you told me about in the previous post? Oh yeah, I made my first mirror skin. It look like a giant glow stick, lol. I put it in the Skins/ Genetics section of the downloads.
#81 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 4:12 AM
The type of shiny outfit Rosco made is the ONLY type of shiny clothing you CAN make... the skin can not show through anyplace but the face, since that is a separate mesh. Everything including the hands and feet will be shiny. I think I've made that clear.

RG
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 10:52 PM
Oh, O.K. sorry. I didn't catch that tid bit.

Wrolyat
Test Subject
#83 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 8:57 PM
Default Part reflective part not.
You can make part reflective part not skins.
check this out
http://modthesims2.com/attachment.p...tid=36091&stc=1

I did it by making a new mesh with the teen body with the reflective boots replacing the gmdc with an adult body which I edited with milkshape to have 2 groups(one "body" one "body_reflected") I set the SavedSim file to use the new mesh and then i loaded it into BS(it was put under teen and the mesh got compressed) I exported it again I then opened the SKNPRJ file for the new project in notepad and changed the age value from teen(4) to adult(8).
I uploaded it back into BS and it worked.
Screenshots
Space Pony
#84 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 11:38 PM
You could also use the AFChinaBlue extracted mesh http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...9915#post259915 to make new adult female reflected clothing
Space Pony
#85 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:07 PM
I've been trying to modify the body mesh so it can be used for a top or bottom but it's not possible to do this yet as you have to be able to change part of the GMDC & we don't have the capability yet. Hopefully the new Mesh Tool will be able to do this shortly & then we can have separates.

To make other body clothing reflective you need to follow the direction in How to Unlock the Clothing - replacing the LIFOs & changing the Resource Node & Shape pointers.

I'll play around some today & see if I can make outfits for the elder female as well as the male models.
Test Subject
#86 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 6:34 AM
I made it with a beta milkshape plugin; the model looks wierd cause of the single joint assignments now i have to start at square 1 again.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 1:25 PM
[QUOTE=Rosco]no.. i've seen that technique, I don't think that is it.. if you d/l these you see the highlights/shine are moving across the surface of the clothing as it moves.. this is something quite different...

check this one out..

I know I popped up late in this convo, but I put up a hello kitty dress @ the sims2 site, but they were having funky probs w/losing stuff so I just removed everything & figured oh well. I really just put it up for the reflective glasses I made. I made almost 20 pairs cuzz I was addicted to the shine. ( i dunno if that was the outfit u guys were talkin bout, but I submitted a sim w/glasses here) but i just wanted to thank you guys for teaching me even more about the outfit than i knew. It's quite impressive how much one can learn from this site. Thanx again! :D
Screenshots
#88 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 1:55 PM
Mtdude,

Good work. Yeah, that's all there is to it... setting a separate group in the mesh. The group can't use transparency, but it can still be used for a lot of things.

RG
Test Subject
#89 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 9:10 PM
yeah, but as of now that is not possible without losing the 3 weights on the vertexes.
Page 4 of 4